UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Eddie Alvarez making more than Benson Henderson

1/8/13 9:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Grimreapers
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Source: Benson Henderson upset with UFC's offer to Eddie Alvarez, wants fight against him

Looks like Henderson not to happy with the UFC willing to pay Alvarez more than what they pay him. I don't blame him one bit. Why haven't they re-done his contract? The dude has defended the belt twice already.

1/8/13 9:21 PM
GIBB0
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's just business.

Facebook didn't pay $1 billion for instagram to make money off it, they did it so they didn't lose Facebook users, and so google didn't buy it.

The UFC isn't paying for him, they are paying extra for their competition to not have him. Phone Post
1/8/13 9:25 PM
yellow wrkahlc

lol Benson getting shit from fans on Twitter.

1/8/13 9:32 PM
Grimreapers

yellow wrkahlc - 

Which was stupid because they act like they know what he makes

1/8/13 9:33 PM
yellow wrkahlc

Grimreapers - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

Which was stupid because they act like they know what he makes

I wanna see Benson's paycheck for 2012.

1/8/13 9:33 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
501 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alvarez shouldn't be getting an offer like that. UFC is gonna over pay for him just like Lombard. It's only cause they want to stick it to Bellator IMO Phone Post
1/8/13 9:39 PM
Don_Dada
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol what's he gonna say when he hears Rousey's probably gonna get paid more than him for fighting in a much less competitive and developed division.
1/8/13 9:44 PM
SinCityHustler

These MMA figthters should probably go into another line of work where they are happy with their pay.  i didn't like the income I was making with my last business so I shut it down and I am now in a new field making an income that I am very happy with.   in fact, when I was an MMA fighter, the money was such a joke, I did it as a hobby and held down a real job so I could eat.  Eventually MMA was hinderin my ability to maximise my income so I let it go altogether.  But why get mad, just do something else that pays better.  

1/8/13 9:47 PM
JOESONDO
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's the trouble with the UFC and Bellator's contracts, you can't leave and get a better deal. Benson has no leverage to get more money. As long as he has the belt, the UFC owns him. Phone Post
1/8/13 9:55 PM
Bentleysuper8

Everyone negotiate their own fate. Although in this case maybe it was his management. I'm always stunned by how little most of these guys get paid.

And as an old cowboy I know says, "Bullshit that horse is worth $10,000, he's only worth whatever someone's willing to pay for him".
1/8/13 9:56 PM
Bentleysuper8

and fuck me if Ben doesn't have better things to do than fight with idiots on twitter.
1/8/13 9:56 PM
PrestigeWorldwide
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Benson can pound sand. His fights suck and Frankie made him look good. Zero finishes in the UFC. Zuffa wants him bc he's an exciting fighter so they are willing to pay him... Phone Post
1/8/13 9:57 PM
HexRei

Grimreapers - 

Source: Benson Henderson upset with UFC's offer to Eddie Alvarez, wants fight against him

Looks like Henderson not to happy with the UFC willing to pay Alvarez more than what they pay him. I don't blame him one bit. Why haven't they re-done his contract? The dude has defended the belt twice already.

Maybe because his contract hasn't ended? I would assume when it does, he will have an opportunity to renegotiate.
1/8/13 10:00 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrestigeWorldwide - Benson can pound sand. His fights suck and Frankie made him look good. Zero finishes in the UFC. Zuffa wants him bc he's an exciting fighter so they are willing to pay him... Phone Post
Wat. Phone Post
1/8/13 10:01 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I THINK that Ed is more popular TBH. I've seen him sell thousand of tickets for his fight in Philly at  Temple U. It seems like no one is a rabid Benson fan?

1/8/13 10:29 PM
BRZ

ArthurKnoqOut -

I THINK that Ed is more popular TBH. I've seen him sell thousand of tickets for his fight in Philly at  Temple U. It seems like no one is a rabid Benson fan?

I was at that fight. Eddie does have a huge following in the Philly / NJ area. If Eddie signs with the UFC they should put him on a Jersey or Philly card. Phone Post
1/8/13 11:00 PM
kostello

That's messed up. UFC is trifling.

This makes the belt even less relevant, lol.

Who gives a phugg about that belt? What does it really mean?

It means you're the toughest? but not the richest...

I'd take the money.
1/9/13 8:56 AM
ArthurKnoqOut
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BRZ - 
ArthurKnoqOut -

I was at that fight. Eddie does have a huge following in the Philly / NJ area. If Eddie signs with the UFC they should put him on a Jersey or Philly card. Phone Post

Dude, the entire building was shaking and if you were thered you know I'm not making it up haha Yeah deifnitely, anywhere in the Tri-State area he'll do well IMHO. Maybe even in Florida due to his ATT connection?

1/9/13 9:00 AM
Strugglezworth
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrestigeWorldwide -  Benson can pound sand. His fights suck and Frankie made him look good. Zero finishes in the UFC. Zuffa wants him bc he's an exciting fighter so they are willing to pay him... Phone Post

You must be a retard
1/9/13 9:32 AM
Chris27

fat referee - 

It's the sad truth to business.

No one wants to pay you what you're worth until someone else is willing to.

lol @ Bendo making 39 + 39 after demolishing contender after contender.

Word is he signed that deal before the Guida fight which meant he had two fights in the UFC, wasnt the number one contender or even the champ at that time.

My guess is he gets something for being the champ behind the scenes but they dont just rip your deal up because you won the title.

1/9/13 9:42 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

He should have renegotiated his deal wren he became champ. It's a joke he makes half of what a newcomer makes. And yes he has leverage he's the champ. Maybe not a ton of leverage but he has some. Phone Post
1/9/13 11:57 AM
crumbs
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whats sad is, Chandler is sitting watching this all go down, probably doesnt even come close to making what Eddie is getting offered now, or what Ben Henderson makes.

in a couple years. UG headline titled " Mike Chandler; Bellator is suing me!"
1/9/13 12:16 PM
rrg1

It's the UFC lol. They aren't going to pay Eddie more than Ben if/when he gets on board. There's no doubt about that.

They're pretty cheap asses and this should be obvious.
1/9/13 12:26 PM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 01/09/13 12:27 PM

Bendo vs Edgar was one of the worst ppv gates in years and had one of the worst domestic ppv buys in years... tons of UFC guys making nothing could pull those gates or ppv numbers.

Bendo is gonna make bank once he becomes a ppv draw. if he's featured on Fox for a second time against Melendez and becomes a bonafide star he's gonna make BJ Penn money. or if he main events the memorial day weekend ppv card and it pulls good numbers then he'll make bj penn money.

BJ Penn Money laughs at Eddie Alvarez money.

Bendo could be making a million plus per fight if he becomes a ppv star.

1/9/13 12:28 PM
gabemadrid
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -

Bendo vs Edgar was one of the worst ppv gates in years and had one of the worst domestic ppv buys in years... tons of UFC guys making nothing could pull those gates or ppv numbers.

Bendo is gonna make bank once he becomes a ppv draw. if he's featured on Fox for a second time against Melendez and becomes a bonafide star he's gonna make BJ Penn money. or if he main events the memorial day weekend ppv card and it pulls good numbers then he'll make bj penn money.

BJ Penn Money laughs at Eddie Alvarez money.

Bendo could be making a million plus per fight if he becomes a ppv star.

It was a weak card also. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.