UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Palhares denies using banned substance

1/11/13 9:10 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1069 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I've always been extremely regimented with my diet and would not use anything that could harm my body or my performance inside the octagon," Palhares stated. "And it wasn't different this time. I never had the intention to cheat. I've got almost 30 fights in my career, most of them in the UFC. I have been subjected to several surprise tests, and there was never anything wrong. Besides, I knew that I would be tested after the fight in Australia because it is standard in the UFC. I have a clear conscience, but accepted the punishment. The rules are there for everyone and must be followed.

"I consulted with my doctor, and he will go over all food supplements used in my preparation for the fight and the test results. I want to know exactly what happened that made the testosterone rate unusual in my body."

Brazilian Top Team leader Murilo Bustamante also issued a statement in support of his fighter.

"'Toquinho' is one of the most rigorous with food, fitness and everything that involves his profession, but if he was accused of something wrong, it is because at some point there was a lapse," he stated. "So, this story has to be an example for all other fighters. There must be more care with everything that is eaten. The exams are increasingly strict; hence, the concern with food and supplements must also be greater."

read entire article...

1/11/13 9:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
the geek
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/11/13 9:13 PM
Bruham
384 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sigh... Phone Post
1/11/13 9:13 PM
yellow wrkahlc
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another Brazilian denying PED usage?

Say it ain't so.

1/11/13 9:14 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/11/13 9:15 PM
Pat Giles
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc -

Say it ain't so.

This. Again. And again and again. Phone Post
1/11/13 9:15 PM
k1levelstriking
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When Joey Beltran denies it, I look at him and believe him, but when Toquinho denies it, I look at him.... Hope he's proven innocent, one of my favourite fighters Phone Post
1/11/13 9:16 PM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc - 

Say it ain't so.

If by Brazilian you mean "athlete" then I agree.
1/11/13 9:22 PM
Flexo
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blaaaaah blaaaah blaaaah Phone Post
1/11/13 9:23 PM
the geek
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FatLoser - this sport is going to the dogs

Yup, not like those other reputable sports like Cycling, Baseball, Football, Gymnastics...
1/11/13 9:25 PM
yellow wrkahlc
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like dogs.

1/11/13 9:27 PM
the geek

yellow wrkahlc - 

I like dogs.

Hahahaha

1/11/13 9:31 PM
GTFOOHWTBS
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's not bright enough to ever admit fault.

1/11/13 9:33 PM
torquemada
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the geek -

How have I never seen this incredible GIF before? Phone Post
1/11/13 9:37 PM
the geek

torquemada - 
the geek -

How have I never seen this incredible GIF before? Phone Post

I just stumbled across it a few hours ago myself. Add the IN and awayyyyyy we go!
1/11/13 9:40 PM
zFugitive

Not suprising considering his figure...just like ubereem.
1/11/13 9:58 PM
Dana Stern

As far as PED's go it happens so often now that I can't remember half the time who all has been busted. It use to be u knew exactly who had used and failed tests and it had such a stigma, but now there's so many guys using and getting busted the stigma is gone and it's like get on with the show. U almost can't blame guys for using them because their trying to make sure they have an even chance against their opponent since he's likely on something too. Craziness Phone Post
1/11/13 10:14 PM
Doem
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

is this like oj going out and looking for the real murderers?
1/11/13 10:23 PM
NdrCntrl

I'm surprised the UFC or the athletic commissions don't provide an acceptable supplement list. Or it could be a cash grab for them if they charged a 'certification' fee to the manufactures to assert that they're clean Phone Post
1/11/13 10:57 PM
athsportsnutrition
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@UGCTT_FryedTakayama lol
1/11/13 11:25 PM
BshMstr
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

""I've always been extremely regimented with my diet and would not use anything that could harm my body or my performance inside the octagon," Palhares stated. "And it wasn't different this time. I never had the intention to cheat. I've got almost 30 fights in my career, most of them in the UFC. I have been subjected to several surprise tests, and there was never anything wrong. Besides, I knew that I would be tested after the fight in Australia because it is standard in the UFC. I have a clear conscience, but accepted the punishment. The rules are there for everyone and must be followed.

"I consulted with my doctor, and he will go over all food supplements used in my preparation for the fight and the test results. I want to know exactly what happened that made the testosterone rate unusual in my body."

Brazilian Top Team leader Murilo Bustamante also issued a statement in support of his fighter.

"'Toquinho' is one of the most rigorous with food, fitness and everything that involves his profession, but if he was accused of something wrong, it is because at some point there was a lapse," he stated. "So, this story has to be an example for all other fighters. There must be more care with everything that is eaten. The exams are increasingly strict; hence, the concern with food and supplements must also be greater."
"

well, i've never heard of any food that can cause an elevated T:E ratio....

i guess he's not really admitting anything, though. he's just saying that he would never take anything that "could harm my body or my performance inside the octagon." obviosuly not all PED's cause harm, but would obviosuly enahnce his performance.

"I never had the intention to cheat." but he still did, but if he assumed everyone else did, then he had a clear conscience....

whatever...he got busted.
1/11/13 11:40 PM
Whambo
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

remember Dana said he was gonna fix this issue? Lol I don't think the UFC has done one damn thing.
1/12/13 1:31 AM
Rabid Bunyip
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's innocent.

If he was using PEDs he'd be huge and jacked. Phone Post
1/12/13 3:38 AM
whoabro

Doem - is this like oj going out and looking for the real murderers?
Godspeed on his quest Phone Post
1/12/13 4:05 AM
whoabro

Rabid Bunyip - He's innocent.

If he was using PEDs he'd be huge and jacked. Phone Post
Touche Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.