UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC 159 (Sonnen/Jones) in Jersey, Who's going?

1/14/13 10:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Matt Phillips
792 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^This guy is gonna be there!

1/15/13 12:06 AM
Luvdcuties
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will be there :)

1/15/13 12:09 AM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thouht I'd be in another country, but my scehdule just opened up.  I shall be there as well to lead Chael on!

1/15/13 12:12 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
810 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quite the group we are summing up here :D

1/15/13 12:58 AM
Matt Phillips
792 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/15/13 12:58 AM
mmavixen - 

I thouht I'd be in another country, but my scehdule just opened up.  I shall be there as well to lead Chael on!

1/15/13 1:03 AM
UGCTT_NKTKDace
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayama -

This guy gets it. I can only speak for myself when I say I'm super excited already lol Phone Post
1/15/13 9:06 AM
GregNoActionJackson
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_NKTKDace -
UGCTT_FryedTakayama -

This guy gets it. I can only speak for myself when I say I'm super excited already lol Phone Post
Agreed. I would love to meet some of my ug brothers and sisters Phone Post
1/15/13 9:12 AM
spliff
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I live 10 mins away from the prudential center but I'm not sure if I'm going.. tickets are expensive and i dont want nose bleeds

1/15/13 9:13 AM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm 90% at this point. 

1/15/13 1:33 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
810 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I'm reading that's there chance we could get Cormier-Mir on this card! Cormier wants it on Fox of course but Mir wants it for 159. The events are only a week apart so I'm hoping we get it here!

Source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/1/15/3879320/daniel-cormier-and-frank-mir-both-want-long-awaited-fight-but-dates

1/15/13 2:51 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama

Looks like we won't be getting it for 159 but the fight is set to go on Fox

Looks like Cormier will get his home match after all. Cormier-Mir is set for UFC on FOX 7, underneath Henderson-Melendez. 

1/15/13 3:27 PM
Dreamer
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After seeing your other thread, Im in for whatever fun shit youve got planned!!

I wouldnt stay in Newark. If you want to sightsee in NYC Id prob stay there. Train ride from city is really short abd train stations only like 2 blocks from arena Phone Post
1/15/13 3:33 PM
ALAR88
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Plan on being in the building, actually moving to NJ this week.
1/15/13 3:37 PM
UGCTT_MdotBRICKS
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ill be there!! Any way to pre order tickets?? And also we need to have a UG get together Phone Post
1/15/13 6:39 PM
bearockbrobama
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tickets for UFC 159, which features a title fight between light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones and "The Ultimate Fighter 17" fellow head coach Chael Sonnen, go on sale beginning next week.

The event takes place April 27 at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

Tickets for the pay-per-view event range from $60 to $550.

Currently, the Jones (17-1 MMA, 11-1 UFC) vs. Sonnen (27-12-1 MMA, 6-5 UFC) title fight is the only bout announced or rumored for the card, which marks the UFC's first Newark event since UFC 128 in early 2011.

Tickets go on sale to the general public on Wednesday, Jan. 23, at 10 a.m. ET (7 a.m. PT). However, UFC Fight Club members can buy tickets on Jan. 21 at 10 a.m. ET, and UFC.com e-newsletter subscribers can purchase tickets on Jan. 22 at 10 a.m. ET.

"Jon Jones has destroyed all the top guys in the light heavyweight division," UFC President Dana White stated. "He has defended the title four times and is one of the pound-for-pound best in the world. This fight with Chael is personal. Chael called Jones out and said a lot of things about him. Chael always comes to fight, and I'm very interested in this matchup."

In the most recent Newark event, the New York-based Jones beat Mauricio "Shogun" Rua at UFC 128 to win the title. Since then, he has defended it with wins over Quinton "Rampage" Jackson at UFC 135, Lyoto Machida at UFC 140, Rashad Evans at UFC 145, and Vitor Belfort at UFC 152 in September.

Sonnen, meanwhile, suffered a July loss to middleweight champ Anderson Silva. A month later, he announced his intention to move up to the light-heavyweight division for a fight against former champ Forrest Griffin. But Sonnen pulled out of that fight when the UFC tapped him a "TUF 17" coach over other possibilities, including top contender Dan Henderson, and promised him an immediate title shot. Phone Post
1/15/13 6:40 PM
bearockbrobama
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tickets going on sail with one fight announced is fishy Phone Post
1/15/13 6:47 PM
UGCTT_NKTKDace
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No idea where we are staying. That's not up to me lol Phone Post
1/15/13 7:42 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've stayed in Secaucus to do stuff in the City and it's a pretty ideal location.  There's a couple decent hotels that are reasonble (Hilton Garden inn I've stayed a few times.  Even a pool and hot tub).   Easy in and out to the City.  

1/15/13 7:50 PM
fsshariq
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IN. I live in jersey city.

There's a hotel in JC by journal square. Literally a 2 minute walk to the path station and 2 stops away from Newark. You get off right by the Prudential center. I can't recall what hotel it is but try looking it up. This may be most convenient and safe lol. Phone Post
1/15/13 7:58 PM
Aleck911
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I may be there but with my 13 year old son. Are the meet and greets teenager friendly? Or are they full of mayhem and debauchery? Phone Post
1/15/13 10:40 PM
Matt Phillips

Aleck911 -  I may be there but with my 13 year old son. Are the meet and greets teenager friendly? Or are they full of mayhem and debauchery? Phone Post

Yeah usually the meet and greets are minor friendly. Unsure whether or not there will be one in Jersey as its still a ways off. Gonna talk with CindyO and see whats up and if she has any ideas :P

I'll be trying to do something cool either way. For some reason I cant just go and be a normal fan, thats too boring. :P

AND Frank and Wendy will be there! (#FranksFight) Thats worth the trip alone, to meet both of them.

1/16/13 4:37 AM
Matt Phillips

TTT Phone Post
1/18/13 3:17 AM
Matt Phillips

Aleck911 -  I may be there but with my 13 year old son. Are the meet and greets teenager friendly? Or are they full of mayhem and debauchery? Phone Post

and just to be clear, when it comes to the meet and greets, Cindy is the one responsible for hooking the UG up, Ive just been fortunate enough to help organize a couple of them. :)

1/18/13 3:22 AM
BrCutter

fsshariq -  IN. I live in jersey city.

There's a hotel in JC by journal square. Literally a 2 minute walk to the path station and 2 stops away from Newark. You get off right by the Prudential center. I can't recall what hotel it is but try looking it up. This may be most convenient and safe lol. Phone Post

That sounds ideal dude.  I'm at 99%, just need to get tickets when they open up.  

1/18/13 8:49 AM
sandmanscomin4u
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll be there Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.