UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Keenan's fathers letter (copy and pasted)

1/16/13 6:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
pray for japan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if keenan never won another tournament his family would still love him. do you think the same would be true for his "family"? Phone Post
1/16/13 7:41 PM
Fabes
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
groundfighter2000 -
FlyingSubsOnly - Keenan and the rape victim are staying at TLI after all this... Mind.Blown.

wait , what?! the victim is staying with TLI????????!!!!!!!!1
Not sure but that's what it sounds like. Phone Post
1/16/13 7:55 PM
bartatua
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany - 

In divorce proceedings, good judges remind the people that they are joined for life because children need two parents.  Any leader with a sense of what's most important in life would encourage a young man to make peace with his family.  Those nutjobs are likely doing the opposite, which is one more repulsive display in a parade of horribles

Absolutely - this is where the cultish stuff really hits home for me.

That said, "likely" is a key qualifier in your post - we don't know for sure what's going on behind the scenes wrt the guy and his family right now. Need to wait for more info.
1/16/13 9:48 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

How in the WORLD is this girl still staying with LLoyd and his "family" is beyond my ability to comprehend.

1/16/13 9:58 PM
Handsome Jack
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for people to read the truth.
1/16/13 10:03 PM
Jaybrone
526 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6ULDV8 - 

His second post was amazing too:

tomcallos - Hey, fellow forum participants, I am compelled to make one more statement before going to dinner and pushing a little more of this nastiness out of my/our lives:

If this whole affair disgusts or in any way troubles you, tomorrow morning call your local rape-crises center and offer to volunteer --in whatever capacity they might need volunteers for. Let's stop trashing --and start helping. 

There are only a handful, I believe, of martial arts schools --or for that matter, sensei, in the nation who genuinely understand and TEACH rape prevention to any degree that makes sense or really might make a difference. But we could do it. All of us could. 

Step # 1 is do the research. Talk to people who understand rape and work on behalf of prevention in your community. Use this tragedy to launch our communities most massive, important, non-commercial, grass-roots movement to bring the martial arts world up to speed on the issues.

Seek out and post the contact info for men and women who have already done their homework --and activists working in the world on behalf of the rights of others. This time next year, let's have many of you sitting at the table in your community with the other committed, educated, proactive, passionate teachers working on rape prevention --so we don't have to deal with so much therapy after-the-fact. 

And please, rape prevention is, as I understand it, only 10% or less physical technique. Your rape prevention should not be made up, only, of what to do when confronted with a physical assault. There's more to it. 

Let's make the rape of these women stand for something, so that their shame and pain becomes the catalyst for a landmark educational effort on behalf of any community we happen to live in. That would turn all of this bullshit into something we can make sense of. 
Tom Callos

This was probably the single greatest post that has ever been put on the UG ever. Tom has my utmost respect.

1/16/13 10:30 PM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

How in the WORLD is this girl still staying with LLoyd and his "family" is beyond my ability to comprehend.

She probably is not in the right frame of mind to be making good decisions right now.
1/16/13 10:30 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
400 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

soremano -
groundfighter2000 - 
FlyingSubsOnly - Keenan and the rape victim are staying at TLI after all this... Mind.Blown.

wait , what?! the victim is staying with TLI????????!!!!!!!!1

from lloyd irvin facebook

For the record I was just with this young lady this morning and she is looking forward to working towards her goal of becoming a bjj world champion. Anyone that attempts to come on my page and attack me during this serious time is beyond sick!

Note he says attempts.

Why?

Because as Lloyd knows from experience, sometimes you want to attack but you just can't get yourself up to make a reasonable attempt.

You just end up stewing in impotent rage. Phone Post
1/16/13 10:38 PM
Shortkick
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I havent posted on any thread about all this fucked up mess.... damn this is getting more fucked by the day.

TLI basically has taken the good old TMA "black belt club" sign a multi year contract stuff and applied it to BJJ.. sorry that in itself blew me away, could go on and on about that typeof shit from personal experience.

How dare any type of instructor influence an induvidual against his family...

That poor poor victim, my heart goes out tothe young lady Phone Post
1/16/13 10:40 PM
Shortkick
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Much respect to Mr.Callos Phone Post
1/16/13 10:47 PM
madbanker
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am passionate about basically nothing and this disgusts me more than anything i can remember. And the disturbing thing is i teach for somebody that pays this scumbag 6 figures Phone Post
1/16/13 11:07 PM
pancadinha
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1- hi rev, big ups to you for joining in on this. There's no where near enough blackbelts and/or senior guys taking a stand.

2-Tom callos, you are awesome, but he is still a boy. I posted on one of the deleted strings, go get your boy. In fact, have someone of influence talk to Keenan about it, like BJ or even nakapan who just left and probably knows him.

3- the Lloyd post is old. Not saying she's not still staying it mind controlled, but I read that Friday.

Keep up the good work people
1/16/13 11:22 PM
UGCTT_sakurabas ear
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jaybrone

This was probably the single greatest post that has ever been put on the UG ever. Tom has my utmost respect.

I could not agree more. Thanks Jaybrone Phone Post
1/16/13 11:31 PM
Onnie804yamsaki

Incredibly well written letter. Logged in to say he is one hundred percent correct. He has my support and my families.this keenan child would be wise to listen to his fatherm when i saw the avellan post shoving shitin his daughters face about raising keenan and giving him oppurtunity i lost it. They are probably guilting him to stay when he is more an asset to them then they are to him. He got that good through hardwork and dedication and anything team loyd irvin did for him benefited them also. They are preying in him withthe bullshit we made you and are your brothers comments.

The worse part is his dad obviously sees through it and he should realize his real brothers would never talk to his family the way they did. They have such an entitlement issue towards him that he would be arrogant and gullible to turn his back on an obviously correctly moral family.anyone crosses my family like that and i am out the door.

I have left teams and heard the spiel and a real man does what is best for himself and his family. Which would be to leave the rapist cult. Sad situation all around and the cultish behavior is heart breaking.
1/16/13 11:56 PM
6ULDV8
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone that talks about it is sick, because Lloyd got her to stay and she's in the black belt club now.

How wonderful.

1/16/13 11:59 PM
Philanderer
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pancadinha - 1- hi rev, big ups to you for joining in on this. There's no where near enough blackbelts and/or senior guys taking a stand.

2-Tom callos, you are awesome, but he is still a boy. I posted on one of the deleted strings, go get your boy. In fact, have someone of influence talk to Keenan about it, like BJ or even nakapan who just left and probably knows him.

3- the Lloyd post is old. Not saying she's not still staying it mind controlled, but I read that Friday.

Nakapan left?
1/17/13 12:05 AM
TheAlchemist
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very well written Tom,

1/17/13 12:49 AM
chris colquitt
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, this whole mess is a clusterF. So much damage done, and the true personalities are coming out. I know I'm only one person but I consider the ethics of people I a) associate with and b) do business with. Never been a fan of the marketing styles of TLI but at this point , I've got no respect for anyone still associated with TLI. I will never do business with them and would never want them in any gym I train in. I have respect for the former members who have left because of this. I may be one person, but I am sure I'm not the only one.
1/17/13 1:01 AM
daba

Thanks to the OP for reposting. Phone Post
1/17/13 1:15 AM
MDAlex
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interested in Probiotics?
Philanderer -
pancadinha - 1- hi rev, big ups to you for joining in on this. There's no where near enough blackbelts and/or senior guys taking a stand.

Nakapan left?
This Phone Post
1/17/13 1:37 AM
Drugs_Delaney
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MDAlex - 
Philanderer -

Nakapan left?
This Phone Post

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/1/16/3883808/lloyd-irvin-rape-beta-academy-cut-ties
1/17/13 2:03 AM
El_Geronimo_de_Gato
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its unfortunate the ripple effects that this event has caused throughout the community and the apparent rift in the callos family. The best thing all of us can do now is to heighten our awareness of and learn methods of prevention for acts like rape, thus hopefully making something positive from something so terible, as tom suggested. A ver eloquent and thought out post from someone who has been a long standing pillar in the community. Voted up Rev for saving and reposting.
1/17/13 2:09 AM
El_Geronimo_de_Gato
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck all, I blue named the wrong account. Godammit.
1/17/13 2:16 AM
Philanderer
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Drugs_Delaney - 
MDAlex - 
Philanderer -

Nakapan left?
This Phone Post

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/1/16/3883808/lloyd-irvin-rape-beta-academy-cut-ties

Good for him.
1/17/13 4:45 AM
Spoonie Luv

Pffffftttt Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.