UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Will Cain & JDS fight more than 3 times?

1/16/13 1:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Taz Styles
3504 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you think the UFC would make a fourth fight between these two when/if the 3rd fight happens?

Do you think any of the current fighters will ever fight more than 3 times in the UFC?
1/16/13 1:28 PM
djones
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IMO JDS needs to improve his wrestling prior to fight #3. My fear is that a healthy Cain will dominate him in the same fashion until he does. 

1/16/13 1:28 PM
Tap In
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only if JDS wins, which isn't likely. A fourth fight is bound to happen eventually between two guys, but I don't think anytime soon. Edgar said he's open to fighting Gray again, it may be that one
1/16/13 1:34 PM
Taz Styles
3504 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

djones - 

IMO JDS needs to improve his wrestling prior to fight #3. My fear is that a healthy Cain will dominate him in the same fashion until he does. 

His TDD has always looked great and he was doing well in the first half of round 1 against Cain, It might depend on how healthy he was and if his mind was in the right place.
1/16/13 1:39 PM
Death Beast
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As long as they keep swapping wins while walking through everyone else then they'll keep rebooking them. Only Reem or possibly JBJ once he puts on that weight has a chance as stopping that from happening.
I don't see any other HW giving them much of a problem, unless Werdum really starts to believe in his striking I guess.
1/16/13 1:40 PM
Taz Styles

Tap In - Only if JDS wins, which isn't likely. A fourth fight is bound to happen eventually between two guys, but I don't think anytime soon. Edgar said he's open to fighting Gray again, it may be that one

What if JDS loses the 3rd fight but then wins 2 or 3 fights in a row against top guys? can you see either of them going to 205?
1/16/13 1:42 PM
djones
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taz Styles - 
djones - 

His TDD has always looked great and he was doing well in the first half of round 1 against Cain, It might depend on how healthy he was and if his mind was in the right place.

Good point

1/16/13 1:43 PM
Taz Styles

Death Beast - As long as they keep swapping wins while walking through everyone else then they'll keep rebooking them. Only Reem or possibly JBJ once he puts on that weight has a chance as stopping that from happening.
I don't see any other HW giving them much of a problem, unless Werdum really starts to believe in his striking I guess.

Werdum's striking has looked much better in his last two fights.
1/16/13 1:45 PM
Tap In
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taz Styles - 
Tap In - Only if JDS wins, which isn't likely. A fourth fight is bound to happen eventually between two guys, but I don't think anytime soon. Edgar said he's open to fighting Gray again, it may be that one

What if JDS loses the 3rd fight but then wins 2 or 3 fights in a row against top guys? can you see either of them going to 205?

I dunno man, like you said we've never seen it before so it's hard for me to think it would happen. I don't think 155 was a huge ppv success or anything either. If it was Brock vs. GSP and did 2 million ppv buys, I'm sure they'd book 5 of them. Maybe if Mexico continues to grow they'll do one in Mexico city, and one in Brazil, those would probably be successful down there. So I guess 4 isn't out of the question.

I don't think either of them can make 205, which is an interesting caveat of the heavyweight division, no place to go but down
1/16/13 1:58 PM
Taz Styles

Tap In - 
Taz Styles - 

I dunno man, like you said we've never seen it before so it's hard for me to think it would happen. I don't think 155 was a huge ppv success or anything either. If it was Brock vs. GSP and did 2 million ppv buys, I'm sure they'd book 5 of them. Maybe if Mexico continues to grow they'll do one in Mexico city, and one in Brazil, those would probably be successful down there. So I guess 4 isn't out of the question.

I don't think either of them can make 205, which is an interesting caveat of the heavyweight division, no place to go but down

Also Cormier is going to 205 so he doesn't have to fight Cain.
1/16/13 2:49 PM
Death Beast
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/16/13 2:52 PM
If JDS wins the next one and Cormier is unsuccessful at 205 (either loses to JBJ or can't do cut safely) then he'd have a shot at beating JDS as well.
Werdum's striking isn't bad, he just doesn't believe it in it vs. other strikers IMO. Or maybe he was just scared of getting Uberkneed
1/16/13 3:07 PM
Taz Styles

Death Beast - If JDS wins the next one and Cormier is unsuccessful at 205 (either loses to JBJ or can't do cut safely) then he'd have a shot at beating JDS as well.
Werdum's striking isn't bad, he just doesn't believe it in it vs. other strikers IMO. Or maybe he was just scared of getting Uberkneed

Werdum looked confident with his striking against Nelson.
1/16/13 4:03 PM
minotauro11
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am a really biased JDS fan so take this post for what it's worth:

I think JDS was doing really well before that huge right Cain landed in the first. He shouldn't have had his hands down and he shouldn't have laid off Cain whenever he missed a shot but overall he looked good. Landing jabs and defending takedowns. After Cain hit him hard Junior was clearly beyond rocked for the rest of the fight, and couldn't offer much.

But even as rocked as he was, he was defending takedowns and taking all the punishment Cain could offer.

I don't think Junior needs to improve his wrestling to beat Cain again (although improvement wouldn't hurt) he just needs to fight smarter and come in with incredible cardio to match Cain's pace. I'm definitely not saying a third fight is a guaranteed win but I am giving Junior a better shot than most are, I think I'd even pick him.

Anyway my point is I think junior will come back stronger and the third fight would look nothing like the second even if Cain wins. If Junior makes it a close fight or wins, a fourth match would be almost inevitable as neither guy will likely lose to any other heavyweight. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.