UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Should UFC ban Lloyd Irvin from cornering?

1/16/13 9:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CompanyBlue
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He corners a lot of high profile UFC fighters. He hasn't made any new statements about his old gang rape case and instead tries to turn it all into a scheme to make money by pushing rape prevention training after his own student is seen on video being brutally raped by two other Lloyd Irvin students.

What do you say UG? Should Lloyd be allowed to work with the UFC still getting camera time pre fight, post fight , countdown episodes etc. He gets a lot of added exposed from the UFC.
1/16/13 9:21 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Personally I feel yes he should be banned.

As far as what makes logical sense, he was not convicted of anything, and was not involved in this recent rape at all, so no.

1/16/13 9:21 PM
boooring

If Miguel Torres got suspended for tweeting a rape joke, it's possible.
1/16/13 9:27 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes 

Will they? No 

1/16/13 9:30 PM
jcblass

Does he have a criminal record?
1/16/13 9:32 PM
ChaosOverkill
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jcblass - Does he have a criminal record?

normally that would be the bottom line but his quote "I wanted to join in but was limp" is enough to substitute one for me

1/16/13 9:34 PM
Brian J DSouza

If they can ban sponsors, media, or other people who they perceive as being in the way of Zuffa, why not Lloyd Irvin? Wonder what the commission regulations would say.

1/16/13 9:36 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think it's the UFC's place to ban someone in this case. They aren't paying him anything and I don't think the UFC should tell their fighters who can and can't corner them without an official legal conviction. Just could set a bad precedent if the UFC started banning cornermen based on how they perceive their character.

I'd rather see the fighters realize who they are associating themselves with and cut it off. Train with someone else. Although I suppose if the story gets big enough Fox might tell the UFC they don't want fighters associating with LI.

I sure won't feel sorry for LI no matter how much he loses over this. Hopefully the UFC never has to consider doing anything to him because all the fighters will decide they're done with him. Phone Post
1/16/13 10:01 PM
12SixElbow
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think anyone involved in sexual crimes should get a license to be a cornerman.

The NSAC stopped Diaz from cornering Nate because of pot.

1/16/13 10:27 PM
cheesesteak
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CompanyBlue - He corners a lot of high profile UFC fighters. He hasn't made any new statements about his old gang rape case and instead tries to turn it all into a scheme to make money by pushing rape prevention training after his own student is seen on video being brutally raped by two other Lloyd Irvin students.

What do you say UG? Should Lloyd be allowed to work with the UFC still getting camera time pre fight, post fight , countdown episodes etc. He gets a lot of added exposed from the UFC.

personally I would like to see him step into the octagon at which point the cage doors close and the entire crown is allowed to throw tomatoes at him.
1/16/13 10:34 PM
Fedors Jim Jams

yes, ban him.

he should not be allowed to represent bjj or mma in a such a public and high profile position.
1/16/13 10:37 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope the IBJJF bans him from coaching at comps

1/16/13 10:40 PM
wiggum
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should be banned.
1/16/13 10:46 PM
SOO72

I bet DFW and Lorenzo don't want that guy within 500 feet of any UFC event from now on.
1/16/13 10:55 PM
HolyHackZack
352 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think anything should be banned unless it directly harms someone else... That being said I also don't think smart people should do dumb things, like invite unsavory people into their corner. Speaking of which have any of his fighters commented on this debacle, like Eastman or Cruz? Phone Post
1/16/13 10:59 PM
HolyHackZack
352 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*Mike Easton, can't edit on phone. Two of my favorite fighters that I hope make right decisions. Phone Post
1/16/13 11:00 PM
Chromium
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pretty sure that domestically it's the SAC's call, although the UFC can make it clear to fighters who use him as a cornerman that they won't be happy about it.

Hopefully Irvin himself has the sense to refrain from cornering anyone in the UFC right now until such time where he might be exonerated.
1/16/13 11:17 PM
RKing85
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow. I am surprized it is almost unanimous. I don't think this reason case should affect his status. As far as I know, he had nothing to do with this New Year's Eve incident.
1/16/13 11:36 PM
DojoJay
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The question is, do we as fans want MMA to ever be viewed as a mainstream sport. If it ever has a shot, the industry has to turn it's back on TLI types and their ilk in a visible manner.

1/16/13 11:40 PM
Phisher

Edited: 01/16/13 11:40 PM

They let Whitehead corner fighters after his arrest and showed him on camera at an event shortly before he went to prison.

1/16/13 11:48 PM
wiggum
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 
jcblass - Does he have a criminal record?

normally that would be the bottom line but his quote "I wanted to join in but was limp" is enough to substitute one for me

1/17/13 12:17 AM
Tap In
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Principal -  .....And think that in boxing Don King was guilty of homicide in two separate occasions when he was younger. Phone Post

And Don King's name is synonymous with scum and dbaggery. Boxing is a different animal
1/17/13 12:22 AM
MagSlim

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - I don't think it's the UFC's place to ban someone in this case. They aren't paying him anything and I don't think the UFC should tell their fighters who can and can't corner them without an official legal conviction. Just could set a bad precedent if the UFC started banning cornermen based on how they perceive their character.

I'd rather see the fighters realize who they are associating themselves with and cut it off. Train with someone else. Although I suppose if the story gets big enough Fox might tell the UFC they don't want fighters associating with LI.

I sure won't feel sorry for LI no matter how much he loses over this. Hopefully the UFC never has to consider doing anything to him because all the fighters will decide they're done with him. Phone Post
Love the unintentional comedy of 'train with someone else'.

You didn't even know you did that. Phone Post
1/17/13 12:25 AM
vazzo

Cornering women, YES! Phone Post
1/17/13 1:03 AM
daba

Yes. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.