UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Staph advice?

1/17/13 8:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NHB-Architect
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully those of you that had a "bad case" of Staph can help me out? Once on antibiotics, how long did it take before you didn't feel like you were dying? Most people I know catch it on the body so I don't have much to compare it with. Mine is under my nose above my lip so it hit my facial nerves pretty quickly. I look like I got kicked in the face. I likely caught it Sunday, face swelled up on Monday, went to urgent care on Tuesday, and I have been on antibiotics (Sulfamethoxazole/ Tramadol) for 48 hours mixed with painkillers. I'm trying my best to be patient and let the antibiotics kick in, but I haven't seen much progress so I'm considering checking myself into the hospital maybe tomorrow or Saturday if things don't progress. Before I do that, I would like to get some feedback from those experienced with a "bad case" of Staph. My symptoms are a throbbing swollen nose, throbbing fat lip, migraines that come and go, my teeth ache like they are all about to fall out, and my jaw hurts. Occassionally I will get hit with Flu like symptoms where I get really hot or very cold. My swollen lip and nose is causing pressure on my facial nerves so I'm thinking about getting it lanced. How long did you wait and get good results from the lancing? With it only being a few days, the area is still hard as a rock so I don't know how much they can successfully scrape out yet. I want the timing to be right before I allow someone to start cutting and digging holes into my face. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
1/17/13 8:43 PM
jason73
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

had it real bad inside my right thigh about 7 years ago . had to have it surgically drained.it ballooned from a large mosquito bite size to a softball overnight.they gave me the sulfatrimethoxalone and dilaudid. at first i had to get intraveinous antibiotics at the hospital every morning.it looks like i got shot in the leg now.good luck to you man . i hope its just the regular staph and not mrsa. i can relate to the fevers and chills . i dont know what to tell ya about how long it should take for the antibiotics to start helping but if it doesnt cost you much go to the hospital if you feel its not getting better. i waited too long not knowing about staph at the time
1/17/13 8:46 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

If it isn't improving go back in asap. Don't fuck around.

1/17/13 9:13 PM
NHB-Architect
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks guys I really appreciate your responses.
1/17/13 9:17 PM
MostLegit
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Safety first then teamwork. Buy some defense soap for the people you train with. You really should have bought them a Christmas present anyway. Phone Post
1/17/13 11:30 PM
SC MMA MD
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_mrzipplokk -

This. You should be feeling better and not having fever/chills after 48 hours of antibiotics. Phone Post
1/17/13 11:38 PM
BenBJJ
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't fuck around. Chop your head off!
1/17/13 11:41 PM
That Guy in the Back
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just got over staph. I've been in four times in 6 yrs of training to get skin infections checked out. This was the first staph case. It took 4 solid days before the pain started to subside and a full 3 more to feel confident the antibiotics were winning. Phone Post
1/17/13 11:49 PM
mclay
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is crazy scary. Don't chance it getting worse, check yourself into the hospital bro. Good luck. Phone Post
1/18/13 1:36 AM
Leghound
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SC MMA MD - 
UGCTT_mrzipplokk -

This. You should be feeling better and not having fever/chills after 48 hours of antibiotics. Phone Post

Double this dude. Staph is waaaaaaaay under diagnosed/treated with urgency. And for the sake of your training partners DONOT FUCKING TRAIN TIL YOU HAVE FELT BETTER FOR AWHILE. This shit is no joke and I've seen people lose parts of their calf due to it. DON'T FUCK WITH THIS SHIT
1/18/13 1:37 AM
Leghound
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leghound - 
SC MMA MD - 
UGCTT_mrzipplokk -

Double this dude. Staph is waaaaaaaay under diagnosed/treated with urgency. And for the sake of your training partners DONOT FUCKING TRAIN TIL YOU HAVE FELT BETTER FOR AWHILE. This shit is no joke and I've seen people lose parts of their calf due to it. DON'T FUCK WITH THIS SHIT

Quoting myself so you don't miss it

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.