UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Nick Training to Fight Off His Back Against GSP

1/18/13 6:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ScottLean
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gilbert Melendez talks Nick Dinaz preparation for GSP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHYusR75zxc
1/18/13 6:10 PM
lormpino
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks Phone Post
1/18/13 6:16 PM
yellow's Overseer
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Later Phone Post
1/18/13 6:21 PM
crowbar
835 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smart move.

1/18/13 6:26 PM
armbarseverywhere
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good to hear Diaz is strategizing for this fight. Most fighters want to take nick to his back. Most of Diaz's losses have happened from his back. A war winning strategy on fighting from the back would be a huge development in his game, but he's been a great jiu jitsu fighter since the beginning. Im curious to see how it plays out.
1/18/13 6:29 PM
Toby Lerone
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think GSP keeps it standing and jabs him to death in this one.

1/18/13 6:35 PM
Kings21
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Toby Lerone - 

I think GSP keeps it standing and jabs him to death in this one.

Came to say this but I wouldnt be surprised to see GSP mix it up and even just dump Diaz to the mat then let him up or do some clinch work along the cage. Cant wait for this shit to happen. Dis gon be good.
1/18/13 6:45 PM
GS27
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only advice Diaz needs is BOHICA. Stands for bend over here it comes again Phone Post
1/18/13 7:10 PM
Smith1234
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Correct strategy. I saw people say he needs to work wrestling, that is his worst use of time

1/18/13 7:11 PM
UGSlapshot
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

armbarseverywhere - Good to hear Diaz is strategizing for this fight. Most fighters want to take nick to his back. Most of Diaz's losses have happened from his back. A war winning strategy on fighting from the back would be a huge development in his game, but he's been a great jiu jitsu fighter since the beginning. Im curious to see how it plays out.
Your post is total bullshit. Phone Post
1/18/13 7:24 PM
32Hunter

it's funny that people think because GSP could out jab a novice boxer in Kos, = jabbing to death a pro level boxer.
1/18/13 7:27 PM
HandyDarsh
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - Nicolas isn't a pro level boxer.
Neither is gsp Phone Post
1/18/13 7:30 PM
32Hunter

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - Nicolas isn't a pro level boxer.

Nick Diaz
Global ID 312079
sex male
birthdate 1983-08-02
division super middleweight
stance southpaw
height 6′ 0″   /   183cm
reach 74″   /   188cm
alias Bad Boy
country  USA
residence Stockton, California, USA
won 1 (KO 0) + lost 0 (KO 0) + drawn 0 = 1
rounds boxed 4 KO% 0

biography 

Lb St Kg   |   ↑date↓   |   ratings off on 

|   

print

date Lb opponent Lb W-L-D last 6 location     

2005-04-29 167 Alfonso Rocha 167 debut
Radisson Hotel, Sacramento, California, USA W UD 4 4

and he was gonna go back to it 2 years ago.

1/18/13 7:33 PM
cheesesteak
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He can hang with Mickey Ward in practice from what i hear. Sure Mickey doesn't unload hells fire on him but I wouldn't be surprised for Nick to be able to win a few pro boxing matches here or there against lower tier pros.
1/18/13 7:44 PM
Kings21

GS27 -  The only advice Diaz needs is BOHICA. Stands for bend over here it comes again Phone Post

Is that like the new YOLO?
1/18/13 7:47 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cheesesteak -

He can hang with Mickey Ward in practice from what i hear. Sure Mickey doesn't unload hells fire on him but I wouldn't be surprised for Nick to be able to win a few pro boxing matches here or there against lower tier pros.
Jesus Christ, please please please be trolling Phone Post
1/18/13 7:47 PM
UGSlapshot

GSP does not have the same type of athleticism to be able to implement Condits gameplan.

That said, he stood with Jake but Shileds has nowhere near the striking skills Diaz does.

I think he'll try to stand with Nick and if that starts to favor Diaz then he'll go for the td and just try to control him.

I don't think he puts out as much offense as he did with condit because Diaz has a much better sub game than Condit.

Carlos was content to strike from bottom and not really go for a lot of subs and and sweeps Nick will be attempting to chain subs and Strike less.

Should be one hell of a fight regardless of who wins. Phone Post
1/18/13 8:04 PM
Kings21

UGSlapshot -  GSP does not have the same type of athleticism to be able to implement Condits gameplan.

That said, he stood with Jake but Shileds has nowhere near the striking skills Diaz does.

I think he'll try to stand with Nick and if that starts to favor Diaz then he'll go for the td and just try to control him.

I don't think he puts out as much offense as he did with condit because Diaz has a much better sub game than Condit.

Carlos was content to strike from bottom and not really go for a lot of subs and and sweeps Nick will be attempting to chain subs and Strike less.

Should be one hell of a fight regardless of who wins. Phone Post

Against Shields, he was either poked or took a punch to the eye that greatly affected his vision, hence the poor striking performance against a fighter known to not have the greatest striking. GSP takes a lot of shit for this and yet a similar thing happened with Nate Diaz against Bendo and people praise Nate for continuing to fight.

The fact is that GSP has a hell of a jab and while he may not be able to sit there and totally outbox Diaz, he'll definitely get his jab off and will certainly mix up his attack with takedowns.

Also, Condit used a kick-heavy gameplan that GSP is not necessarily known for. GSP has never been one to really use kicks as a way to win a fight and certainly has never been one to move and dance around as much or in the same manner as Condit. Why anyone would have thought GSP would use that same strategy boggles my mind.

I firmly believe GSP suffered from ring rust against Condit and his performance showed it. He didnt look good at all IMO. I think he'll be much better conditioned when he fights Diaz and will be more aggressive with his attack. I fully expect GSP to do his best to damage Diaz heavily. Whether that happens or not, I dont know.

I do agree that nick will be a little more crafty off of his back and will try to utilize more sweeps while being active with his sub game.

I cant wait to see how this plays out though. Its such an interesting matchup.
1/18/13 8:11 PM
hybridfc
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

uh, neverused kicks to win a fight... matt hughes Phone Post
1/18/13 8:19 PM
Kings21

hybridfc -  uh, neverused kicks to win a fight... matt hughes Phone Post

Let me specify. He's not been one to often use LEG KICKS as a primary choice of attack with the intent of finishing the fight via kicking the legs. I.E. Saffedine vs Marquardt, Barry vs a few people, etc...

Yes he kicked Matt Hughes head off but that was hardly the same gameplan that Condit used against Diaz.
1/18/13 8:28 PM
Sergio88
502 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is that Mike Dolce in the gray jacket talking behind Gil?

1/18/13 8:30 PM
Winston Wolf
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what a shock
1/18/13 8:41 PM
Wasa-B
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i love sport thread titles.

i just read that this other fghter wants to win by KO tomorrow.
1/18/13 9:04 PM
Pride Wanderlei

I dont see how GSP wont dominate Diaz on the ground. Sad to say but I could see GSP smashing Diaz passing guard etc.

But GSP can also keep it standing, mix takedowns with strikes and win. Phone Post
1/18/13 9:33 PM
show no mercy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GriffinQ - 
cheesesteak -

Jesus Christ, please please please be trolling Phone Post

he meant andre ward

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.