UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Disappointed Pros are quiet about TLI

1/18/13 11:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Winston Wolf
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only big names to say anything about TLI was Rener Gracie and his brother.They didnt really bash Lloyd much but did at least adress the important role a BJJ teacher has a role model.But Im disapointed in the silnce not only on this forum but anywhere The Pros are being quiet as a mouse about this.I always thought MMA fighters had balls to stand up to what is wrong .But the silence is disapointing.All the fans here are commenting on it but the Pros are silent like a mouse
1/18/13 11:45 PM
DojoJay
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan Hall wrote an excellent piece which will hopefully encourage others to follow suit

Ryan Hall Open Letter
1/18/13 11:47 PM
Winston Wolf

I saw the Ryan Hall Hes a fairly big name But the Pros here are quieter than a mouse about it and what about all the American BJJ blackbelts besides Rener Gracie ? Suprised none voiced their opinion on Lloyd or his students rapes
1/18/13 11:48 PM
Winston Wolf

time traveling 12er - It's all fun and games when it's a nobody. Once real money gets involved everyone has to tread lightly.

exactly but silence is cowardice
1/18/13 11:50 PM
kcbjj
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
1/18/13 11:52 PM
Brian J DSouza

Why should they get involved in something that has the potential to turn into a PR nightmare, not just for them, their teams and home gyms, but most importantly, for the MAJOR fight orgs like the UFC?

Public figures always need to be careful with what they say and how they present themselves-- even if they are standing up for a good cause.

Also, many fighters have been victims of sexual abuse, and have spoken up about it. It is really hard for those fighters specifically because its a bad memory, that gets triggered and made worse.

1/18/13 11:55 PM
Winston Wolf

Brian J DSouza - 

Why should they get involved in something that has the potential to turn into a PR nightmare, not just for them, their teams and home gyms, but most importantly, for the MAJOR fight orgs like the UFC?

Public figures always need to be careful with what they say and how they present themselves-- even if they are standing up for a good cause.

Also, many fighters have been victims of sexual abuse, and have spoken up about it. It is really hard for those fighters specifically because its a bad memory, that gets triggered and made worse.

its called standing up for whats right.Silence is cowardice when something needs to be said or done
1/18/13 11:57 PM
rundymc

Hey, if I was a guy who had connections to that camp, I'd tread lightly myself, regardless of my disgust. I think it's safe to say most of them don't think rape is cool, lol, and the community seems to do a pretty good job of bashing LI as it is.

Let's not make it about them though. These guys have enough to contend with.
1/18/13 11:58 PM
Seats Taken
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If one of the UFC pro's on here made one off handed comment; it would instantly be on the UG News, Bloody Elbow and Facebook, would end up horribly out of context and look like they were pitting themselves directly for or against TLI. It's not worth the hassle unless they are ready for a media blitzkrieg Phone Post
1/18/13 11:59 PM
Brian J DSouza

Frank Shamrock and Kevin Randleman are not cowards. As for other fighters, you might as well ask why they aren't petitioning to save the rainforests, or to have universal health care in the US.

Yes, this happened in a BJJ school, and BJJ is related to MMA, but at the end of the day, why do something that could cost them their job (or more likely), put them on the shit list at Zuffa?

It's not worth the risk, and remember, Ronda Rousey outed a molester/abuser at USA Judo years ago.

Many fighters HAVE spoken up, and will continue to speak up against sexual abuse.

1/19/13 12:00 AM
Brian J DSouza

See the story about Ronda Rousey here: http://fightlinker.com/ronda-rousey-threw-an-alleged-perv-out-of-judo/

1/19/13 12:11 AM
spartancs
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some guys do what they think is right and let the chips fall where they may, other guys run a self interest calculation first.

1/19/13 12:13 AM
Winston Wolf

how is it going to cost anyone their job to speak out about a prominant school that had 2 rapes One with the head instructor
1/19/13 12:15 AM
Winston Wolf

Brian J DSouza - 

Frank Shamrock and Kevin Randleman are not cowards. As for other fighters, you might as well ask why they aren't petitioning to save the rainforests, or to have universal health care in the US.

Yes, this happened in a BJJ school, and BJJ is related to MMA, but at the end of the day, why do something that could cost them their job (or more likely), put them on the shit list at Zuffa?

It's not worth the risk, and remember, Ronda Rousey outed a molester/abuser at USA Judo years ago.

Many fighters HAVE spoken up, and will continue to speak up against sexual abuse.

ur comparing saving rainforrests with rapists ? how on Earth would it put themon shit list And while Im at it UFC brass is quiet too.As a fan Im disapointed such tough asses ( MMA fighters ) are silenter than a mouse
1/19/13 12:24 AM
T-Ham
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with OP's sentiment. Phone Post
1/19/13 12:25 AM
Winston Wolf

is easy to say nothing.Takes guts to standup for what is right
1/19/13 12:29 AM
SugaShaneDZ
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had very nasty break up with a gym where I taught out of over them "buying in" to the Irvin "system" as soon as this dumbfuck signed up he was hawking products in a pyramid scheme...you get 3 people to buy and yours is free....you get 9 people and yer making money..paying 25k at seminars where they teach ya about organic googling and cookie cutter websites for their cardio kickboxing bullshit...now...as far as rape goes...I have 2 daughters...and the idea of either of them being raped by a teacher or fellow student of mine makes only see red and thinking where can I hide the bodies
1/19/13 12:31 AM
Winston Wolf

thanks for the post Suga
1/19/13 12:35 AM
Brian J DSouza

No, I'm saying a cause is a cause. Many UFC fighters HAVE stood up against sexual abuse and taken an open stand, like Frank Shamrock and Ronda Rousey.

In terms of them getting fired, no, that's not likely (but remember the case of Todd Duffee). More likely, its unwanted attention over an issue Zuffa would rather not have attached or associated to MMA/UFC.

Think about it.

1/19/13 12:35 AM
SugaShaneDZ
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winston Wolf - thanks for the post Suga

no problem...it is shocking to me that a man with such vast and wide connection on multiple levels of our martial arts community could have this happen and not IMMEDIATELY come out in public and say that what they did was wrong...oh wait...that limp dick pos wouldn't want anyone to dig in his past
1/19/13 12:36 AM
Brian J DSouza

"Coach to numerous UFC fighters is involved in rape case"

^Think about a headline like that attached to UFC fighters coached by Lloyd Irvin or his affiliates.

1/19/13 12:44 AM
spartancs
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SugaShaneDZ - 

no problem...it is shocking to me that a man with such vast and wide connection on multiple levels of our martial arts community could have this happen and not IMMEDIATELY come out in public and say that what they did was wrong...oh wait...that limp dick pos wouldn't want anyone to dig in his past

House of cards.  If wealth = integrity the world would be a much better place.

1/19/13 12:44 AM
Winston Wolf

Brian J DSouza - 

No, I'm saying a cause is a cause. Many UFC fighters HAVE stood up against sexual abuse and taken an open stand, like Frank Shamrock and Ronda Rousey.

In terms of them getting fired, no, that's not likely (but remember the case of Todd Duffee). More likely, its unwanted attention over an issue Zuffa would rather not have attached or associated to MMA/UFC.

Think about it.

i did and UFC is quiet too ( cowardly )
1/19/13 12:45 AM
Winston Wolf

Brian J DSouza - 

"Coach to numerous UFC fighters is involved in rape case"

^Think about a headline like that attached to UFC fighters coached by Lloyd Irvin or his affiliates.

i could give 2 craps about the headline when it comes to rapist scumbags raping kids
1/19/13 12:47 AM
Winston Wolf

SugaShaneDZ - 

Suga.LimpDick claimed he was limp.But the girl ( 17 year old student ) said Lloyd did rape her

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.