UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cant Stomach Lentz/Nunes, why watch MMA?

1/22/13 3:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wasa-B
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, for whoever was saying that as a paying customer, you always have a right to voice your opinion on the product in which you purchased. I think that's a bit narrow minded. Do people who pay to watch football get all up in arms about running the ball? Sure they can but doesnt it seem stupid to? Most football fans still want exciting games but im gonna go out on a limb and say that the majority (even the most rednecked) wont question the entire concept of running the ball and will expect to see it as part of the game. Im sure if that's all they say every game, each game, all game, that would be different but not all UFC fights are wrestle-f*cks every second of every fight either.

Or paying money to attend or watch a K1 event. You gonna whine about the kicking and say I only like it when they punch? Are these unfair comparisons?
1/22/13 3:22 PM
Wasa-B
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smellde Gluve - 
Wasa-B - 
Smellde Gluve - 

Personally I'm a bit wobbly on this matter. In general I think you should do whatever you have to within the rules to win you the fight.

I was bored by this Lentz fight.

I wasn't bored by Condit's strategy vs Diaz.

I won't be bored by GSP taking Diaz down the whole fight.

I'm not sure what it is that makes me appreciate wrestling and other nonfinishing strategies in some fights and in others I just get bored.

Maybe it is when I have nothing invested in a fighter and I don't know much about them that I get bored by it as in the case with this Lentz fight.

Its more the people that "cant stomach" or cant accept or whine for this type of to be banned from the sport that Im taking issue with.

Finding stuff boring or exciting is again, quite subective. I just think that if you're gonna watch MMA, you should accept MMA for what it is, something that fundemantally involves grappling which will not always end up in a finish (whether striking or grappling).

I agree with you.

Cool. Like i said before too, it wasnt as if I was super on the edge of my seat thru this bout either.
1/22/13 3:24 PM
Wasa-B

aka_rtotheoh -  Im all for the fighters doing whatever it takes to get the W. Phone Post

Right. Not always gonna be the most exciting but seems that MMA is the only sport where fans that do not accept winning as the primary objective.
1/22/13 6:35 PM
cortXbomb
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was entertained by this but then again I loved Hinkle vs Zentsov so maybe I just enjoy a good wrestlefucking.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.