UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lee Murray just wrote me. However, I am not.....

1/23/13 8:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ABE FROMAN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

likatiga - 
ABE FROMAN - 

There's doing stupid shit....then there are crimes that put you in prison for life.

ABE, I like that you float around neutral VU / VD. I've always thought you're a solid poster and I think that ratio confirms that.

Thank you, sir! 

1/23/13 8:59 PM
ABE FROMAN

likatiga - 
ABE FROMAN - 

There's doing stupid shit....then there are crimes that put you in prison for life.

ABE, I like that you float around neutral VU / VD. I've always thought you're a solid poster and I think that ratio confirms that.

Thank you, sir! 

1/23/13 9:16 PM
WoodenPupa
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Abe's reasonableness was confirmed to me long ago in numerous X-Arm celebration threads.
1/23/13 9:17 PM
WoodenPupa
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just on a risk-reward ratio (I mean, putting all morality aside), the crime seemed hopelessly idealistic. Way, WAY too many people involved, with huge problems about laundering the money to boot.

That shit was never gonna turn out.
1/23/13 9:23 PM
WoodenPupa

Lee could have gone FAR in MMA. I'm thinking he would have been a top star by now. Of course, the arrogance of the criminal mind preempts playing the game of life in legit terms since that seems like ass-kissing. So, it's all about discounting the future and living in the ever-worshiped "now" to those guys.
1/23/13 9:27 PM
KZTT_W85
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have alot of empathy for people separated from their children for making a silly mistake or accident in a split second life changing decision.

I have no empathy for someone being separated from their children for committing a crime that took a lot of planning and pre meditation without the slightest concern for the pain they are causing other people or THEIR children.

Particularly with this individuals history. Phone Post
1/23/13 9:31 PM
Deaf Forever

Edited: 01/23/13 9:32 PM
Don't hate the person? The fuck?! So you mean don't hold people accountable for their actions? He's a scumbag who held a family hostage at gunpoint.

1/23/13 9:32 PM
ABE FROMAN

Edited: 01/23/13 9:32 PM
WoodenPupa - Abe's reasonableness was confirmed to me long ago in numerous X-Arm celebration threads.

BEST SPORT EVER!!!!!

1/23/13 9:57 PM
WoodenPupa

Edited: 01/23/13 9:57 PM
LOL, I just watched James Irvin in a match. Had no idea he was involved in X-arm...there's got to be some soul-seeking narrative there. I see a potential classic documentary at hand.
1/24/13 8:56 AM
D241

NotImpressedByYourScreenName - 
D241 -

How many people were physically hurt during this ordeal?

How many hospital visits?

Zero?   Man, that Lee Murray sure is a harmful guy.

So you wouldn't mind then if I put a gun to your wife's head, threatened her, took her hostage and had her fearing for her life? As long as there are no physical injuries its no big deal right?

Think before you post instead of trying to play BS devils advocate all the time - mental / emotional damage can be a lot more harmful than anything physical. Phone Post

I understand that side of the situation. I'm not saying they aren't victims. They are. But the extent of the harm seems like it is being overplayed.

I mean, scare a family, no physical harm, but scare the shit out of them......for 200 bucks. That doesn't seem worth it, and that would be very scummy.

Scare a family, no physical harm, but scare the shit out of them for say.....90 M-I-L-L-I-O-N D-O-L-L-A-R-S, well, that changes the playing field.

I will answer your question honestly and hope you do the same.

No, for one I would NEVER get married, but obviously I wouldn't want anything like that to happen to me, especially if I gain nothing from it.

Now my question for you, is if you could get 90 million in cash, be set for life as well as your kids and grandkids, and all you had to do was execute a carefully planned heist that although involves kidnapping, does no physical harm to anyone, would you consider it for 90 million dollars?

1/24/13 9:34 AM
D241

saddamhugevein - 
D241 -
D241 -

So you wouldn't mind then if I put a gun to your wife's head, threatened her, took her hostage and had her fearing for her life? As long as there are no physical injuries its no big deal right?

Think before you post instead of trying to play BS devils advocate all the time - mental / emotional damage can be a lot more harmful than anything physical. Phone Post

I understand that side of the situation. I'm not saying they aren't victims. They are. But the extent of the harm seems like it is being overplayed.

I mean, scare a family, no physical harm, but scare the shit out of them......for 200 bucks. That doesn't seem worth it, and that would be very scummy.

Scare a family, no physical harm, but scare the shit out of them for say.....90 M-I-L-L-I-O-N D-O-L-L-A-R-S, well, that changes the playing field.

No, for one I would NEVER get married, but obviously I wouldn't want anything like that to happen to me, especially if I gain nothing from it.

Now my question for you, is if you could get 90 million in cash, be set for life as well as your kids and grandkids, and all you had to do was execute a carefully planned heist that although involves kidnapping, does no physical harm to anyone, would you consider it for 90 million dollars?

I would. And id chop them muchachos heads off.

Just sayin. Phone Post

I bet you didn't mean to, but you just gave me a kick ass point!!

Tony Montana, aka SCARFACE. One of the best movies of all time, and Tony Montana is viewed as a bad ass mother fucker! Although fictional, that Miami/Cuba/Coke issue in the 80's was VERY REAL.

People view Scarface as a bad ass and admire the balls he had to rise in the ranks. But Lee Murray, nope, he's a scumbag, despite hurting FAR less people than famous drug lords.

If you shit on Lee Murray, you can't EVER enjoy Scarface or have any admiration for him.

I can admire the balls Lee Murray had. That doesn't mean I am like him or that more people need to be like him. 

We need people like him. We need people like him so we can point our fuckin fingers at him  and say, "That's the badguy"

1/24/13 10:34 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Murray beat an elderly man into coma over a traffic incident.
1/24/13 10:38 AM
3rdLion
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere - Murray beat an elderly man into coma over a traffic incident.

source?
1/24/13 10:42 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
3rdLion - 

source?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/stabbed-cage-brawler-went-on-trial-559459

1/24/13 11:08 AM
suess
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

saddamhugevein -  ^^^ how so sir? Phone Post

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2121016&forum=1&page=1&pc=55

you have your own thread and everything.

1/24/13 11:26 AM
pickula
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere - 
3rdLion - 

source?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/stabbed-cage-brawler-went-on-trial-559459

NorthFromHere - Did you actually read that newspaper report? Here's a line from it.... 'Last November a judge cleared Murray of GBH and dangerous driving after the jury failed to reach a verdict and was discharged.' (For non-UK based folks, GBH = grievous bodily harm). The same report also says that the 'victim' was 'middle-aged', not 'elderly'.

None of which justifies your 'he beat an elderly man into a coma' comment. Murray, as far as I'm concerned, is low class scum and is exactly where he belongs - no need to invent crap to make him look bad, there are enough real facts that do that already.
1/24/13 11:43 AM
Skelboy

That twat smashed into Lee's car when his missus were in it you fucking poof! She were up the duff at the time too. What's North From Here? Some internet bellend.
1/24/13 11:55 AM
JunkieDog

Jason, I'm curious... do you think your loyalty to Lee would have stood up if he had unwittingly kidnapped, bound and gagged relatives of yours? I mean, if Lee didn't KNOW they were related to you, you couldn't really take it personal, right?

It shouldn't make Murray any more or less of a scum bag no matter who they were.

Perhaps,your Grandmother and Grandfather and your brothers 8 year old son? Hell, maybe you hadn't seen him in years and he didn't recognize it was your own daughter he'd scarred for life... would he still be that swell guy you once trained with and was so cool to you?
1/24/13 12:12 PM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
pickula - 
NorthFromHere - 
3rdLion - 

source?

NorthFromHere - Did you actually read that newspaper report? Here's a line from it.... 'Last November a judge cleared Murray of GBH and dangerous driving after the jury failed to reach a verdict and was discharged.' (For non-UK based folks, GBH = grievous bodily harm). The same report also says that the 'victim' was 'middle-aged', not 'elderly'.

None of which justifies your 'he beat an elderly man into a coma' comment. Murray, as far as I'm concerned, is low class scum and is exactly where he belongs - no need to invent crap to make him look bad, there are enough real facts that do that already.

That was just one old news report of the trial. There's plenty more. Murray did beat the "middle aged" man into a coma. That is a fact. Murray didn't deny beating him but said that he was defending his wife.

"the jury failed to reach a verdict and was discharged"
Wonder why...
1/24/13 12:13 PM
ShawnTheBadger
409 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Billytk - 
D241 -
D241 -

The honest answer to your question is no. Does that really surprise you?? Phone Post

Not sure if it's surprising but it does make me believe you are a liar, 90mil come on as if you wouldn't scare a stranger for that much money

Another "no" right here.

FWIW I have a rather sordid past and long arrest record. Done a lot of shit that is felony illegal as can be. Made my money that way for more than a few years in a couple different occupations. The statue of limitations is long past.

Full grown adult males that chose to be "in the game" on either side of the law? No problems.

None of my illegal activities ever involved children, (civilian) women, animals, or seniors. Never. Period. Nor would any of my associates at that time cross the line and involve those types of folks. Because they knew I would have had a major and serious problem with that.

Not following the laws and morals of the general population does NOT always mean living amorally. Despite my purposefully ignoring the Law, I always had a code of conduct to which I adhered.

Maybe I watched too many Godfather movies as a kid? But the old-school mafia lived by a strictly enforced code of conduct. I can respect that.

I've got zero respect for a man who's grandiose plan involved kidnapping at gun-point women and children. That is downright amoral and despicable.

1/24/13 12:50 PM
Jason Reinhardt
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Junkie Dog, Hmmm? you make a valid point here. My Loyalty is first above all with my family! So, if i answered your question with complete honesty...I doubt i would still feel the same about him if he had done this to my family. However, it's not even proven Lee even did the bank heist. Nobody really knows 100% for sure? Do they? I'm asking. Here's the thing...yes, Lee has been known to do some terrible things with a criminal past. Here's what i am hoping. I hope Lee has had time to reflect and change as a man. Change his outlook on how he views life. I will say this....and i am not making excuses for him. When a person is partying and living a rock star type life, it's very easy to have your judgement clouded by this type of partying ways.again, no excuse! just a bit of an explanation.
I witnessed the "good man" in Lee. Like the time in iowa he gave a large sum of money to the homeless man who was a military veteran i believe. Anyway, again...i do not condone or respect any type of criminal acts. I just happened to have an old friend who got in a lot of trouble. I never witness this side of Lee. At all!!
1/24/13 1:28 PM
Slydawg

ttt
1/24/13 1:57 PM
D241

D241 -
D241 -

The honest answer to your question is no. Does that really surprise you?? Phone Post

Man, that has to SUCK to be on that level of pussy where 90 million in cash doesn't even make you consider doing something against morals.

Or maybe you're not a pussy, instead you're just an extremely law obiding citizen that NEVER does ANYTHING wrong or EVER willingly breaks a law. Hats off to you sir. Have fun coming to a complete stop at every stop sign.

You and your strong morals. Get outta here with that shit

1/24/13 1:58 PM
TheHaunted2

pickula -
NorthFromHere - 
3rdLion - 

source?

They couldnt prove it no, but a man was still put in a coma on christmas fucking day. Phone Post
1/24/13 2:13 PM
D241

NotImpressedByYourScreenName-

Can you reply to this?

D241 - 

Tony Montana, aka SCARFACE. One of the best movies of all time, and Tony Montana is viewed as a bad ass mother fucker! Although fictional, that Miami/Cuba/Coke issue in the 80's was VERY REAL.

People view Scarface as a bad ass and admire the balls he had to rise in the ranks. But Lee Murray, nope, he's a scumbag, despite hurting FAR less people than famous drug lords.

If you shit on Lee Murray, you can't EVER enjoy Scarface or have any admiration for him.

I can admire the balls Lee Murray had. That doesn't mean I am like him or that more people need to be like him. 

We need people like him. We need people like him so we can point our fuckin fingers at him  and say, "That's the badguy"

I'm not saying more people should be like him. I'm not condoning what he did. But what he did, takes balls, BIG, HUGE, BRASS BALLS. There's a reason why nobody in the history of the world run out of a bank with 90 million in cash.  The balls one must have to do that, I admire that, and I'm not ashamed to say that at all.

Just like there's a reason there aren't many multi millionaire drug lords. I feel what they do is far worse and more time hurting innocents. I think they are far worse than what Lee Murray is, and even though I wouldn't want any relation to them in my family history, I can still appreciate the grand scale of their crimes, without condoning it. 

I'm sorry that's so hard for you to grasp.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.