UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Roach: GSP is not going to stand w Nick Diaz

1/22/13 1:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGSlapshot
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/22/13 1:07 PM

At about 3:55 Roach says no dice on this being a stand up battle. He gave Nick props and gives a good interview.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwrel&v=AKrDD1hr98E
1/22/13 1:15 PM
J_Swift

Are people supposed to be surprised GSP's game plan will be based on take downs, safe/calculated ground and pound and keeping distance on the feet? Phone Post
1/22/13 1:16 PM
UGCTT_Blake
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

J_Swift - Are people supposed to be surprised GSP's game plan will be based on take downs, safe/calculated ground and pound and keeping distance on the feet? Phone Post
Is there another way to beat Diaz? Phone Post
1/22/13 1:20 PM
UGSlapshot

J_Swift - Are people supposed to be surprised GSP's game plan will be based on take downs, safe/calculated ground and pound and keeping distance on the feet? Phone Post
You would be surprised how many ppl feel GSP could beat Nick standing without going to the ground, I'm not one of them.

Can a blue repost the video for me please. Phone Post
1/22/13 1:21 PM
mugumuchu

Why would anyone surprise with that? GSP is a thinking fighter. Certainly he's not going to do stand and bang with Nick, well at least not until he soften him up first with leg kicks and GNP first few rounds to fuck up NIck's mentally.
1/22/13 1:21 PM
shaqitup
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGSlapshot - 
You would be surprised how many ppl feel GSP could beat Nick standing without going to the ground, I'm not one of them.

He will beat him standing while going to the ground though.

1/22/13 1:24 PM
UGSlapshot

shaqitup -
UGSlapshot - 

I don't think he'll win the stand up even with his td threat but I respect the opinion. Phone Post
1/22/13 1:25 PM
Silhouette
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for op
1/22/13 1:27 PM
yellow's Overseer
412 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shaqitup -
UGSlapshot - 

Doubtful, honestly. The only Diaz has to be scared of is those jabs, and I don't think Diaz will back down from a jab. Phone Post
1/22/13 1:28 PM
yellow's Overseer
412 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only thing* Phone Post
1/22/13 1:43 PM
BOMDC
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/22/13 1:44 PM
^That and the power double, 20 minutes on his back, and a 45 point UD Loss. We've all seen what happens to strikers who put weight on their lead leg and have to fear a TD. This is coming from a Diaz fan.
1/22/13 1:53 PM
6ULDV8
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's going to go to the ground and Diaz is going to go go GSP.  I mean what the fuck homie.

Someone will try to put the belt on Diaz's waist, Nick will throw it down on the ground, spit on it and then scream:

CesarGracieJiuJitsuStockton209What!

And then leave the building, like a fucking goddam boss.

He might flip everyone the bird and he might not, but at that point it really wouldn't matter anymore.

1/22/13 2:32 PM
yellow's Overseer

Sal Penis -

So Roach basically said GSP is not good enough to stand with Nick, amiright?

Yes. You are right. Phone Post
1/22/13 2:33 PM
yellow's Overseer

6ULDV8 -

It's going to go to the ground and Diaz is going to go go GSP.  I mean what the fuck homie.

Someone will try to put the belt on Diaz's waist, Nick will throw it down on the ground, spit on it and then scream:

CesarGracieJiuJitsuStockton209What!

And then leave the building, like a fucking goddam boss.

He might flip everyone the bird and he might not, but at that point it really wouldn't matter anymore.

VTFU Phone Post
1/22/13 2:47 PM
32Hunter
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BOMDC - ^That and the power double, 20 minutes on his back, and a 45 point UD Loss. We've all seen what happens to strikers who put weight on their lead leg and have to fear a TD. This is coming from a Diaz fan.

anyone who thinks he's gonna get dominated that easily is in no way a "Diaz fan".
1/22/13 3:07 PM
BOMDC
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^Reading comprehension.
1/22/13 3:10 PM
J_Swift

UGCTT_Blake -
Is there another way to beat Diaz? Phone Post
Not that I can see but I'm not an expert on these things. Phone Post
1/22/13 3:11 PM
MMARAIDER

UGSlapshot -

Gsp beats nick in ever Mariam art bjj included! Phone Post
1/22/13 3:12 PM
MMARAIDER

*martial Phone Post
1/22/13 3:15 PM
J_Swift

UGSlapshot -

I don't think he can win the stand up battle either. He'll get some good shots in but as soon as Diaz starts throwing head/body combos, he's going for the double leg. Phone Post
1/22/13 3:15 PM
Night Hawk

Oh Diaz is already being counted out! What's new??? Haters gonna hate. Phone Post
1/22/13 3:16 PM
Leghound
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sal Penis - 

I think he said GSP is better at putting the mixed in mixed martial arts amirite?
1/22/13 3:18 PM
MMARAIDER

Leghound -
Sal Penis - 

I think he said GSP is better at putting the mixed in mixed martial arts amirite?
You are right Phone Post
1/22/13 3:21 PM
yellow wrkahlc

I love Freddie. Very good guy, I hate seeing him in this condition, really breaks my heart.

1/22/13 3:22 PM
youarewhatiswrong
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No disrespect, I know he's a great boxing coach, but has Roach always talked like that? Did something trigger the slurred, stuttering speech or has that been present from childhood?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.