UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Roach: GSP is not going to stand w Nick Diaz

1/22/13 5:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Joe_Drogan420
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

suess - 
Joe_Drogan420 - lol @ all the UG'ers saying GSP would outbox Nick Diaz in that thread a couple days ago.

Guess all you keyboard warriors know boxing better than Roach.

did Freddie say Nick would outbox GSP or just that GSP wouldn't stand with him?  i didn't watch the vid so this is actually a serious question.

When asked if GSP would be comfortable enough with his boxing to be confident to stand with Diaz, Roach replied with a quick, "No. You know the thing is we need to refine more"
1/22/13 5:46 PM
suess
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol and that is freddie saying diaz is better? Reach Phone Post
1/28/13 1:14 AM
UGSlapshot

Another thing about Nick people keep losing perspective about is the idea Nick Diaz has poor tdd.

Now I'm not saying Nick will stuff every td GSP goes for but I think Nick will successfully stuff some of GSP's tds especially later in the fight.

I still feel GSP should be favored by Lay & Pray but Nick could take this fight and nobody should be shocked if he does. Phone Post
1/28/13 1:19 AM
NotTheNoobURLooking4

UGSlapshot -  Another thing about Nick people keep losing perspective about is the idea Nick Diaz has poor tdd.

Now I'm not saying Nick will stuff every td GSP goes for but I think Nick will successfully stuff some of GSP's tds especially later in the fight.

I still feel GSP should be favored by Lay & Pray but Nick could take this fight and nobody should be shocked if he does. Phone Post

GSP is going to take down Nick. Nick is going to submit GSP.

1/28/13 1:39 AM
I AM A MOFO
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP's boxing coach publically states that GSP won't stand before the fight? Why say that and tell the other guy what to expect? Misdirection, imo.

Sounds to me like they're hoping to surprise Diaz in/with the stand up.
1/28/13 1:41 AM
I AM A MOFO
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Though I should point out I can't watch the interview and am unaware of context, lol.
1/28/13 1:52 AM
Geoff G Electric
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz don't give a fuck !! He's coming in with the same ol game plan !! Win or lose he don't care .. He's just trying to get PAID ! Phone Post
1/28/13 2:10 AM
flip_guard
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMARAIDER -
Leghound -
Sal Penis - 

So Roach basically said GSP is not good enough to stand with Nick, amiright?

I think he said GSP is better at putting the mixed in mixed martial arts amirite?
You are right Phone Post
I'm guessing that Roach wanted everyone including Nick that GSP is not good enough to box Diaz. GSP will have Diaz figure out even more so on fight night and have shot down everything that Diaz try. Phone Post
1/28/13 2:24 AM
Humphrey

Joe_Drogan420 - lol @ all the UG'ers saying GSP would outbox Nick Diaz in that thread a couple days ago.

I realize it might be a revelation to you, but sometimes. juuuuuuust sometimes, a trainer might not tell you the truth, or all of it, just before a fight with his fighter.

i mean, it's not rocket science. He might very well say something exactly the opposite of the truth, hoping the other fighter will buy into it, and attack something he's sadly mistaken about
1/28/13 2:33 AM
Joe_Drogan420

Humphrey - 

I realize it might be a revelation to you, but sometimes. juuuuuuust sometimes, a trainer might not tell you the truth, or all of it, just before a fight with his fighter.

i mean, it's not rocket science. He might very well say something exactly the opposite of the truth, hoping the other fighter will buy into it, and attack something he's sadly mistaken about

Yeah, you're probably right.
I mean when I think about it, Freddie Roach, a boxing trainer who trains boxers everyday and talks and analyzes boxer's skills everyday. Talks about how fights are going to go down analytically in the stand-up department. Who suffers from Parkinson's and hasn't extensively worked with or coached GSP is going to try to get into Diaz's mind by saying that GSP isn't good enough to stand with Diaz?

Sure, he could've said that GSP has really worked on his exchanging hooks in the pocket, or has extensively worked on adding uppercuts to his arsenal. You know, to deflect Nick. Or he could have used his analytical skills to break down where Diaz has the advantage, albeitly giving away GSP's advantage. But instead he chose to say that GSP needs to work on his boxing more before engages Diaz in the stand up.

Great work by GSP's camp to get this misinformation campaign going.
And when you consider how often Diaz frequents the internet it really starts to make a lot of sense.

Good work guys.
1/28/13 2:41 AM
Klownoh

I got the vibe that Freddie was implying he is not ready now, so he will work with him to get ready for Diaz style. Phone Post
1/28/13 2:55 AM
Humphrey

Joe_Drogan420 - 
Humphrey - 

Yeah, you're probably right.
I mean when I think about it, Freddie Roach, a boxing trainer who trains boxers everyday and talks and analyzes boxer's skills everyday. Talks about how fights are going to go down analytically in the stand-up department. Who suffers from Parkinson's and hasn't extensively worked with or coached GSP is going to try to get into Diaz's mind by saying that GSP isn't good enough to stand with Diaz?

Sure, he could've said that GSP has really worked on his exchanging hooks in the pocket, or has extensively worked on adding uppercuts to his arsenal. You know, to deflect Nick. Or he could have used his analytical skills to break down where Diaz has the advantage, albeitly giving away GSP's advantage. But instead he chose to say that GSP needs to work on his boxing more before engages Diaz in the stand up.

Great work by GSP's camp to get this misinformation campaign going.
And when you consider how often Diaz frequents the internet it really starts to make a lot of sense.

Good work guys.

No I'm sure you're right, the boxing coach is going to say he's not going to stand and box with him.

Brilliant.

I think a lot of other trainers should honestly say what a fighter's gameplan will be. Even after CLEARLY saying he wouldn't.
1/28/13 3:01 AM
Joe_Drogan420

Did you even watch the interview and hear the quote in context?
1/28/13 8:22 AM
Entreri

MMARAIDER - 
Leghound -
Sal Penis - 

So Roach basically said GSP is not good enough to stand with Nick, amiright?

I think he said GSP is better at putting the mixed in mixed martial arts amirite?
You are right Phone Post

1/28/13 8:32 AM
sitchpack

Nick Diaz by go go Phone Post
1/28/13 10:39 AM
UGSlapshot

I AM A MOFO - GSP's boxing coach publically states that GSP won't stand before the fight? Why say that and tell the other guy what to expect? Misdirection, imo.

Sounds to me like they're hoping to surprise Diaz in/with the stand up.
You can't give up GSP's gameplan because its always the same with every fighter and everyone and their mother know gsp's game plan.

Its called pointfightwrasslfuckftw

Its obvious Roach is answering the questions honestly, talk about conspiracy theories... Phone Post
1/28/13 10:44 AM
UGSlapshot

fapout -

this isn't boxing, its mma

and yeah, GSP would beat the shit outta Diaz
No he wouldn't and they didn't ask if GSP would attempt to box Nick in a boxing match they asked if the planned to strike with nick in a mma fight and the answer was no, they needed to refine more... Phone Post
1/28/13 10:58 AM
UGSlapshot

fapout -
UGSlapshot - 
fapout -

No he wouldn't and they didn't ask if GSP would attempt to box Nick in a boxing match they asked if the planned to strike with nick in a mma fight and the answer was no, they needed to refine more... Phone Post

do you really think that GSP's camp is gonna make they're gameplan public?
Did the public not know his gameplan?

Because exotic aliens on a undiscovered planet we didn't know existed, already know gsp's gameplan.... Phone Post
1/28/13 11:06 AM
Krookedkemp

Im gonna guess allot of you also thought nick diaz beat condit... Cause condit is definitely a better striker then diaz and look what gsp did to him. And there is no way diaz will land anything near that head kick

Bring on the butt hurt diaz fans. Phone Post
1/28/13 11:06 AM
UGSlapshot

fapout -
UGSlapshot - 
fapout -
UGSlapshot - 
fapout -

Because exotic aliens on a undiscovered planet we didn't know existed, already know gsp's gameplan.... Phone Post

I figured that you would have an invalid reply.
There is nothing invalid about saying GSP has the same gameplan for every fight or stating the obvious. Phone Post
1/28/13 11:14 AM
rrg1

You forgot to add that GSP would not outwrestle Hughes, would not do the same to Ko's, would not outstrike Alves, would not outwrestle Fitch....should I keep going?

Don't be surprised to see GSP stand and back with Nick and win that way. He'll switch it up of course to keep Nick guessing but he'll win both wars.
1/28/13 11:18 AM
UGSlapshot

fapout -
UGSlapshot - 
fapout -
UGSlapshot - 
fapout -
UGSlapshot - 
fapout -

I figured that you would have an invalid reply.
There is nothing invalid about saying GSP has the same gameplan for every fight or stating the obvious. Phone Post

really? So GSP's gameplan against Kos was the same as his against Condit? Or his gameplan against Trigg was the same as when GSP fought Hughes? naw.
Yeah, if he can't out point them standing, take them down and use control to win the fight.

He rarely attempts a finish standing or on the ground, he just does the same thing to different fighters. Phone Post
1/28/13 11:18 AM
joe schmoe

diaz will lose every second of this fight.
1/28/13 11:48 AM
GoldMedaLInTapping(R)

He's not gonna stand and wang with Diaz?!?!?!?? GTFO!!!!!! Phone Post
1/28/13 11:52 AM
UGSlapshot

RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
UGSlapshot - 
fapout -
UGSlapshot - 
fapout -

What?  He always has different gameplans.  For guys like Hardy/Alves he'll take them down early and often.  For Shields it was to stand the first 4.5 minutes of each round.  That was pretty much a straight stand up fight.  For BJ it was to immediately clinch and put him against the fence to tire his arms/shoulders out and take away his boxing.

Ok ill concede he changes his gameplan to a degree.

I still don't think there's a mystery as to what GSP is going to come out and do in this fight.

If he stands with Nick for the majority of each round, if thats his gameplan. I believe he'll lose but we all know the majority of this fight will be spent on the ground.

If it ends up a striking affair everyone should be happy no matter who wins but just I don't see GSP attempting that. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.