UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Finally a reporter calls gsp out on point fighting

1/23/13 12:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KingOfFighters
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Finally a reporter has the balls to ask gsp the hard questions. Is he finally going to finish anyone by knockout, or do your usual minimum.

Gsp gives the typical response, about why doesn't the reporter fight in the octagon. Funny how many people fight in the same cage and finish fights, and many of gsp's opponents have been knocked out right after fighting gsp, but he gets a pass for his boring point fighting.

He'd get a lot less flack of he actually put some weight behind his punches, and tries to go for the knockout, submission fucking anything, finish a fight, it's been 5 years george.
1/23/13 12:26 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings

Why don't YOU fight in the Octagon?  You are the King Of Fighters, after all.

1/23/13 12:26 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

I think the "reporter" was a little out of line in the verbage he chose. Still good to see someone asking the questions that are not PC.

1/23/13 12:27 PM
Garv
284 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fightersbook.com, Get Connected

$aftey fir$t.  And I can't blame him.  He's there to win and makes a mint doing that.  Why take chances if you don't have to?  It can be frustrating to watch, but losing an exciting fight is a lot more damaging to his career than winning a boring one.

1/23/13 12:28 PM
KingOfFighters

DanGold - link?

54th minute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eY1yA3cuIc&feature=g-subs-u
1/23/13 12:32 PM
The Sultan
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Link to Story? Vid?

And its true about losing an exciting fight is much worse for gsp's career than winning a boring one.

GSP had to look out for number 1 first. Why should heb pander to the "fans" who will turn on him the second he loses. The UG will erupt with threads about him being overrated and the like. We all know how it works here. People will complain when he wins and people will complain when he loses. Lose/lose situation for him. Phone Post
1/23/13 12:36 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unfair criticism IMO.
1/23/13 12:38 PM
Zed Wayne Zed
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is taking the keyboard warrior thing to a new level,
but in person, by a MMA blogger.

You have the gall to talk to one of the best ever like that?
Really bothered me.
Blogger, if you are on here,
you're a bitch.

GSP handled it with class,
but you could tell by the eyes it rustled his jimmy.

1/23/13 12:42 PM
yellow wrkahlc
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kamakosmo - 
octowussy - 
Herring In A Fur Coat - 

Why don't YOU fight in the Octagon?  You are the King Of Fighters, after all.

The King of Fighters does not need to prove himself to you! He's already King! What more can he do??

Link ONE vid of any of his fights?

You were saying?

1/23/13 12:43 PM
caseharts
398 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zed Wayne Zed - This is taking the keyboard warrior thing to a new level,

Really bothered me.
you're a bitch.

Boom Phone Post
1/23/13 12:46 PM
Don_Dada
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why the hell did GSP have to do both his own translations and the reporters?
1/23/13 12:49 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

no reporter has the guts to do that..it was a fan

1/23/13 12:51 PM
KingOfFighters

Zed Wayne Zed - This is taking the keyboard warrior thing to a new level,

Really bothered me.
you're a bitch.

You don't think he has the right to voice his opinion? Do you believe gsp gives his absolute best and doesn't hold back when he fights?

If mma were actually bigger, he'd get a lot more shit for not finishing anyone in 5 years. I don't understand why the media stopped asking him why he doesn't finish fights, he needs to feel that pressure to perform.

People pay good money to watch a fight, not a point collecting contest.
1/23/13 12:56 PM
crumbs
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder, how much more money and effort is put into a training camp to fight GSP, Vs the amount spent on any other fighter in WW.

1/23/13 12:58 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters -

Really bothered me.
you're a bitch.

You don't think he has the right to voice his opinion? Do you believe gsp gives his absolute best and doesn't hold back when he fights?

If mma were actually bigger, he'd get a lot more shit for not finishing anyone in 5 years. I don't understand why the media stopped asking him why he doesn't finish fights, he needs to feel that pressure to perform.

Everyone knows exactly what they're getting with GSP by now, yet he still is the biggest draw in mma by far. Maybe people feel like they're getting exactly what they're paying for and enjoy it. Phone Post
1/23/13 1:01 PM
Zed Wayne Zed
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters - 

Really bothered me.
you're a bitch.

I believe there is a way to ask that question, in a very respectful way, to a very respectful fighter.

Just bothers me when someone gets puffy-chested in a situation they know the guy is going to have to answer in a cordial and polite fashion, when you are essentially shitting on his main focus in life, being UFC Champ.

Just bothers me.
1/23/13 1:04 PM
Dr Gonzo
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone else get the feeling that the only fighting "King of Fighters" does is wrestling his xxxl underwear out of his ass crack?
1/23/13 1:06 PM
Letibleu
1666 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP snapped back at him nicely

1/23/13 1:13 PM
damnyouwoman14
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 

no reporter has the guts to do that..it was a fan

This.
1/23/13 1:17 PM
SoupCan
462 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I challenged OP to a screen name bet and I said if I lost I would even buy him a blue name as well as let him change mine. He dick tucked like all shitty trolls do.

I have to say though he is GSP's biggest fan, he searches the internets for every interview GSP gives and he's even been learning a little French by listening to all the radio shows GSP appears on in Montreal. Phone Post
1/23/13 1:21 PM
ausgepicht

GSP is far more exciting in his decisions than Bendo is and Bendo has MORE decisions in a row. Bendo's last seven fights were decisions.

So onne of two things is going on here. You guys are closet gays that like guys with long hair and swag or you are sour BJ fans still crying over GSP beating BJ's ass to the death twice.

Losers.

1/23/13 1:21 PM
caseharts
398 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters -

Really bothered me.
you're a bitch.

He doesn't just lay there but he doesn't take unnecessary risks.

Deal with it. Phone Post
1/23/13 1:22 PM
caseharts

ausgepicht -

GSP is far more exciting in his decisions than Bendo is and Bendo has MORE decisions in a row. Bendo's last seven fights were decisions.

So onne of two things is going on here. You guys are closet gays that like guys with long hair and swag or you are sour BJ fans still crying over GSP beating BJ's ass to the death twice.

Losers.

Idk about bendo being less exciting Phone Post
1/23/13 1:25 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

So KOF is the pink asian.  Got it.

1/23/13 1:28 PM
yellow wrkahlc
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes.

Unfortunately, OP lost to this man of a man in the finals:

TOS states you shouldn't be impersonating anyone, OP. You need to relinquish your SN.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.