UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva's camp wants bout with Rockhold

1/24/13 5:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LilBrockonmychest - 
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 
Jason -  I like the champ vs champ fight.

I can't stand weidmans sense of entitlement. He has won 5 fights in the UFC and only two were even impressive.

He needs more time . Fight with Rockhold makes sense Phone Post

and how many fights in the ufc has rockhold won?

Same as Melendez

and how long has rockhold been ranked in the top 3 or 5 in the world?

1/24/13 5:40 PM
toovie
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -

I can't stand weidmans sense of entitlement. He has won 5 fights in the UFC and only two were even impressive.

Rockhold is a champ Phone Post
1/24/13 5:41 PM
40oztofreedom
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just wanna see Weidman fight again no matter who it's against. You're only as good as your last fight and I can't tell if Munoz overrated his actual stand point or not. Phone Post
1/24/13 5:42 PM
cheesesteak
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shouldn't we have Cheal vs Silva 3? I mean if Cheal didn't accidentally trip attempting that spinning elbow he'd definitely be the champ right now.
1/24/13 5:45 PM

LilBrockonmychest - 
LilBrockonmychest - 

Same as Melendez

About as long as Nick was before he got his immediate shot for being the SF champ.

Do you idiots complaining not see a pattern with WEC (Aldo/ Cruz)  and SF champs immediately becoming UFC champs (Rousey) or title holders getting immediate title shots?

diaz is ranked 3....and do u idiots not understand that there were no weight divisions in the UFC (and therefore no fighters) for aldo and cruz before the WEC merger?

1/24/13 5:46 PM
Bipolar

I don't know why Jacare isn't being talked about as a possible match-up for Silva. I realize that Rockhold beat him, but Jacare appears to have improved considerably since then. I think he would have a very good shot at subbing Silva, and his striking actually looks pretty good now as well.
1/24/13 5:47 PM
MediumRareMistake
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He would duck weidman lol Phone Post
1/24/13 5:48 PM
JOESONDO
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would rather watch Rockhold fight Belfort first. If he wins that he can fight Silva. Neither his last few fights nor his desire for a warm-up fight make me think this will be competitive.

I'd rather Silva fight Weidman or Rashad.
1/24/13 5:58 PM
MrNiceguy66

Another highlight reel KO for the Spider! Can't wait! Phone Post
1/24/13 6:01 PM
camozzi
717 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson by whatever he wants.

Rockhold didn't even seem confident in taking that fight in some interview I real. LOL. This would be one
Of those "faces of death" videos Phone Post
1/24/13 6:06 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Edited: 01/24/13 6:06 PM
tatooedMillionaire - 
guardbr8kr - I lose more and more respect for the Spider as each day passes.It makes me sad. :(

this. Anybody who says Weidman shouldn't be next or says that he's entitled is a simple retard. He's earned his god damn shot and when he opens his mouth people think he's entitled?? I would be pissed and disgusted if I was Weidman. Silva is ducking him and he's no less of a draw than Rockhold is

No less of a draw you say???

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2012/07/strikeforce-rockhold-vs-kennedy-ratings-event-averages-420000-showtime-viewers

420K average for Rockhold's last fight, for a title. Main Event.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/7/12/3155589/ufc-on-fuel-munoz-vs-weidman-averages-211000-viewers

Weidman's Main Event  211K viewers.

1/24/13 6:06 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

gamer - 
MrNiceguy66 -  Another highlight reel KO for the Spider! Can't wait! Phone Post

Suprise! Anderson wants another match up which greatly favors him stylistically!

As great as Anderson is, the fact that he hasnt always fought the best will hurt his legacy quite a bit

Outside of Weidman right now, name another MW he never fought that he should have...

1/24/13 6:08 PM
sevr1

I'm okay with this fight. I just want to see the champs defend their belts more. Seems like it's only once or maybe twice a year that these guys want to fight now.

However, in recent interviews Luke has been saying how he'd take the fight, but would rather have another fight first. Seeing those interviews made it seem like he didn't really want the Anderson fight.

Now, the Silva camp wants the fight. Several people also have called Anderson a bully. Not that we'll ever know, but, I'm curious if he wants the fight now because he thinks Luke is already mentally beat, if it's because it's the easiest match up stylistically, or if he just wants to stay busy.
1/24/13 6:09 PM
sevr1

It certainly won't be the biggest money fight (Rashad).
1/24/13 6:10 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Bipolar - I don't know why Jacare isn't being talked about as a possible match-up for Silva. I realize that Rockhold beat him, but Jacare appears to have improved considerably since then. I think he would have a very good shot at subbing Silva, and his striking actually looks pretty good now as well.

I don't think they would fight eachother.

1/24/13 6:12 PM

LilBrockonmychest - 
LilBrockonmychest - 
LilBrockonmychest - 

Same as Melendez

About as long as Nick was before he got his immediate shot for being the SF champ.

Do you idiots complaining not see a pattern with WEC (Aldo/ Cruz)  and SF champs immediately becoming UFC champs (Rousey) or title holders getting immediate title shots?

diaz is ranked 3....and do u idiots not understand that there were no weight divisions in the UFC (and therefore no fighters) for aldo and cruz before the WEC merger?

So you're telling me that Diaz was ranked #3 from beating Paul Daley, Evangelista Santos, and LW KJ Noons?

You are a fuckin tard.  If you don't like that Dana gives immediate title shots to champs of other organizations such as Melendez, Diaz, Alvarez, and now Rockhold, guess you'll just have to cry a bit more.

http://mmavalor.com/2012/06/04/mma-fighter-rankings-for-june-2012/

1/24/13 6:15 PM
stonepony

Luke is good, but, he is by far the safest choice out of all of them.
1/24/13 6:16 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

guardbr8kr - I lose more and more respect for the Spider as each day passes.It makes me sad. :(

I hope you lose it equally for GSP, and every other champ that has asked for a bigger paying fight against a style more suited to them....

1/24/13 6:18 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

JOESONDO - Would rather watch Rockhold fight Belfort first. If he wins that he can fight Silva. Neither his last few fights nor his desire for a warm-up fight make me think this will be competitive.

I'd rather Silva fight Weidman or Rashad.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/ns/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2122069&page=1#post-42987268

That's the fight Dana said that are trying to make anyhow.

A manager stating that ALL of them are good challengers, but they prefer fighter XXXXX means nothing as a chmpion of the UFC. He will fight who he is told to fight. Anderson's MGR's opinions are just that. Opinions.

It's not like Anderson is telling Dana "No, I want fighter XXX" like a certain champion just did. ;)

1/24/13 6:18 PM
Size

I'm surprised Silva isn't asking for an easier champion vs. champion fight, such as a Vitor rematch.
1/24/13 6:21 PM
guardbr8kr

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

I hope you lose it equally for GSP, and every other champ that has asked for a bigger paying fight against a style more suited to them....

have you even looked at the #1 contenders GSP has fought throughout his career?

GSP has never turned down a fight at WW, eva.
1/24/13 6:27 PM
Batarnaque
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think anyone can make a compelling case about Rockhold being even a top 10 MW in the UFC.

Nothing will ever change my mind about Rockhold needing to prove himself against a good UFC MW before title shot talks start to emerge.

I have zero interest in this matchup. ZERO. Silva wins within the first minute if he wants to.
1/24/13 6:29 PM
IIAces

Ip Man 81 -
Willin -
LilBrockonmychest - 

Same as Melendez

Hahaha - I love the delusion that beating on scrubs in the minor leagues is a greater achievement than 5 consecutive wins in the UFC.

W.T.F. - delusional.

It's the idea of a Champion vs Champion fight, not so much who's had the bigger wins. A clash of two champions, kinda sells itself in a way. Plus Weidman is hurt, out until I think summer, so they can definitely get this fight rolling sooner with Luke. It makes little to no sense to hold out until Weidman heals up. Phone Post
Most forget this Phone Post
1/24/13 6:36 PM
Daverr

lol
1/24/13 6:39 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

guardbr8kr - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

have you even looked at the #1 contenders GSP has fought throughout his career?

GSP has never turned down a fight at WW, eva.

Stop deflecting. I am not talking about the past, I am talking about right now.

To boot, can you name the "#1 contender" that Anderson refused to fight???

Oh that's right you can't because he hasn't.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.