UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Who is Tougher: Mma Fighter or U.S. Marine ?

1/24/13 7:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MartialArtsMixed
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not talking about who would win in a fight, but who is tougher, who goes through more shit without getting fazed?
1/24/13 7:41 PM
sparkuri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Demi Moore Phone Post
1/24/13 7:42 PM
UGCTT_whittaker_is_the _real_demolition _man
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No way to know but I'd guess the toughest Marine is tougher than the toughest MMA fighter.
1/24/13 7:44 PM
MartialArtsMixed
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA fighters fights for their fans, Marines fights for their country.
OneGloveJimmerson
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Toughness is hard to measure unless on a person to person basis. Cowards can go to war, Warriors can get their ass kicked. Mental toughness is found in both professions, being able to function during life threatening situations is what makes a good soldier, fighting in front of thousands with the risk of being knocked silly is no trip either.
BJJ999

serious question??? Lets see....broken nose and arm vs both lets blown off and shrapnel in 10 different places.....
1/24/13 7:45 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/24/13 7:45 PM

If your sole criteria for toughness is going through more shit without getting fazed, I'd say the Marine.

mmaguy30 is a marine, and he is tough as nails, just ask him, he'll tell you.

1/24/13 7:45 PM
EdTheGreat

Michael Bisping beat a Marine
1/24/13 7:46 PM
MartialArtsMixed

OneGloveJimmerson - Toughness is hard to measure unless on a person to person basis. Cowards can go to war, Warriors can get their ass kicked. Mental toughness is found in both professions, being able to function during life threatening situations is what makes a good soldier, fighting in front of thousands with the risk of being knocked silly is no trip either.

+1
1/24/13 7:47 PM
MartialArtsMixed

Deuce77 - Tougher in a fight? Tougher in war?

generally
1/24/13 7:48 PM
MartialArtsMixed

gamer - Are there any good fighters who were marines?

Jake Ellenberger, Brian Stann, Dong Hyun Kim (R.O.K. Marines)
1/24/13 7:54 PM
rObLoCo
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MartialArtsMixed -
gamer - Are there any good fighters who were marines?

Jake Ellenberger, Brian Stann, Dong Hyun Kim (R.O.K. Marines)
R.O.K are some tough bastards, while on exercise at the HQ in Palan (sp), they were doing rifle drills. They would get hit in the ribs, legs and back with a large wooden stick until they got their shit squared away. Phone Post
1/24/13 7:55 PM
Forever12er

Mma fighters. In one year which has the most output of energy and which is in the most pain.

Dying for your country doesn't make you tough, but it sure does make you a god damn hero! Phone Post
1/24/13 7:56 PM
MrNiceguy66

Depends on who the person is imo. People can endure through some intense things. To compare the 2 would be tough. In MMA we consistently put ourselves through some mental and physical challenges, but we never worry about getting blown up, shot at, or losing fellow soldiers. Ask Brian Stann, he is both. Phone Post
1/24/13 7:57 PM
Motivated Penn
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chaelismyhero - Randy Couture was also a marine

He was in the army.
1/24/13 7:57 PM
MrNiceguy66

Chaelismyhero - Randy Couture was also a marine
Army Phone Post
1/24/13 8:02 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Marine. facing death doesn't equate to having a fight imo.

1/24/13 8:09 PM
Jay Haas
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OneGloveJimmerson - Toughness is hard to measure unless on a person to person basis. Cowards can go to war, Warriors can get their ass kicked. Mental toughness is found in both professions, being able to function during life threatening situations is what makes a good soldier, fighting in front of thousands with the risk of being knocked silly is no trip either.
And... Thread/ Phone Post
1/24/13 8:29 PM
Kings21
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chaelismyhero - 
Motivated Penn - 
Chaelismyhero - Randy Couture was also a marine

He was in the army.

My bad

I thought you were trollin at first. Its imprinted in my head due to anytime randy was mentioned on a broadcast Goldie had to tell us about his boxing in the army.
1/24/13 8:38 PM
Smith1234
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dunno. Torture and POW versus broken arm. It's close.

Obviously the worst a marine can go through is a million times worse than what a fighter does. War is a billion times "harder" than mma.

But since this is an mma forum people will be totally biased and say mma. Phone Post
1/24/13 8:53 PM
noshame
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Being a Marine, I'm sure I'm biased, but in a fight for my life, I'd take a war hardened Marine over an MMA fighter. Even better, give me a battle hardened Marine with MMA experience.
1/24/13 8:59 PM
thebigblastula

I have seen too many Marines/Army guys get KO'd to have an image of them as "tough" in my head.

Pure toughness, as a concept, I go fighter. Marines don't deal with broken noses and continuing on, marines don't lose and have to rethink everything, etc.

In a fight for my life, I go Marine, because they have knife and gun experience that the fighter doesn't, and the same way the fighter would whoop the Marine's ass 100/100 times because he just knows better technique, a Marine will outperform (and kill) a fighter there 100/100 times.
1/24/13 8:59 PM
KingOfFighters

UGCTT_whittaker_is_the _real_demolition _man - No way to know but I'd guess the toughest Marine is tougher than the toughest MMA fighter.

This is pretty limited argument though. The toughest thing an mma fighter can go through, is keep on fighting after they've broken their hand, jaw, etc etc.....There's really not that much else they can do outside of having a crazy life of crime like lee murray.

The toughest marines would have gone through some crazy shit in iraq/vietnam just to make it out of those shitholes alive.
1/24/13 9:00 PM
mikerobmma
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

C. Spec Ops

The constant overrating of the average Marine knows no bounds. Phone Post
1/24/13 9:10 PM
KingOfFighters

mikerobmma -  C. Spec Ops

The constant overrating of the average Marine knows no bounds. Phone Post

Well the guy did said the toughest marine, not your average marine. With that said, to the last of my knowledge, 3/4 of cadets that go through marine school/crucibal whatever that thing is called pass, and become marines. So yeah pretty much anyone can be a maroon, even that pimply faced dork that scans your groceries at your neighberhood grocery store.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.