UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Pic of Koch's cut?

1/27/13 4:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DWray
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
Carma - http://instagram.com/p/U_fGNxIVRX/

Weird...the damage in the fight was to his right eye, correct?  That pic looks like the left.

Would have put pic but apparently instagram doesn't let you copy/paste?

The front facing cameras on many smart phones reverse/mirror the image.
1/27/13 4:17 PM
xakx
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, good to hear he is ok.
1/27/13 4:31 PM
newjack900
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I personally thought Koch looked like the better man last night and was on his way to a W until that weird slip/scramble moment where he ended up on his back.. I guess that's just part of the beauty of MMA where 1 fuckup could cost you dearly. Get well soon Koch a lot of us were worried about your health after that fight & hearing you are alright is great news.
1/27/13 4:34 PM
UGSlapshot

You know its nasty when they wont show the close up on the reply, lol. Phone Post
1/27/13 4:38 PM
Forrest Spliffn

Until that final sequence Koch appeared to be the better guy.

Shit happens tho.
Fair play to both lads Phone Post
1/27/13 4:44 PM
MmanBearPig
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad to see they greased up Koch before putting him in the back room
1/27/13 4:54 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
460 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/27/13 4:55 PM
460 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That cut under the eye looks nasty.

Koch will come back stronger!

1/27/13 5:04 PM
Harry Bat
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Erikkoch - Guys I'm good just stitched I'm all good. Congrats to lamas. Phone Post
Glad to hear that man, good luck in the future! Phone Post
1/27/13 5:37 PM
Evzey
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Erikkoch - Guys I'm good just stitched I'm all good. Congrats to lamas. Phone Post
Glad to hear it bro. Hope you heal well and get back to kicking ass Phone Post
1/27/13 10:00 PM
supercan
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Heal your body and your heart and come back strong!
1/27/13 10:07 PM
yellow c0ckahlc

Outlaw'd by Lytle - 
DamnSevern -

'

Damn always delivers!! Fantastic contributor to this site.

Heal quick, brotha Koch. Phone Post

lol I posted these in the exact same order on the second page, but you guys couldn't see them for some reason.

Koch, you're a fucking boss still.

1/28/13 2:23 AM

Voted you up for your troubles, Yellow.

1/28/13 3:13 AM
MasterofMartialArts
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh -
tonytr - 
yellow c0ckahlc - 

And to think, he had a title shot lined up against Aldo at one point.

That title shot was always dubious. Guy's last win before the layoff was Jonathan Brookins. I mean, really?

Who else is there at 45?  Mendes pretty much proved it's impossible to take Aldo down, and Koch presented a good stylistic matchup for Aldo.

Aldo hasn't faced a pure striker in a while, and Koch has excellent striking.

Lamas
Poirer
TKZ
Dennis Siver Phone Post
1/28/13 7:25 AM
PointyShinyBurn
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad to hear the injury wasn't more serious.

The way the UFC broadcasts fail to acknowledge when a fighter stays down following the stoppage (selecting camera angles not to show it) and also don't update viewers on his condition is pretty sleazy, in my opinion.
1/28/13 7:28 AM
Letibleu
1669 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/28/13 7:28 AM
DamnSevern - 

'

In the first pic, it looks like we see his fucking skull. Glad he is alright. Love to watch both these guys fight.

1/28/13 2:32 PM
Jack Skellington
796 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that shit was nasty & opened up REALLY fast

1/28/13 3:26 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God I sound like Rogan, but fuck it. Koch is gonna be back and better.  Love the style and intensity.  Was a great fight until that gnp happened. Lamas just countered rela well with that little peak out to put Koch on his back when he got pounced on.  

That was a different gnp position.  I am 95% a bjj person and I use the right leg over the opponents leg, like Lamas's to work passing, but he stayed there and gnp'd.  No turking that leg or anything and Koch had a knee shield.  Koch was trying to get in close while still having the knee in and it seemed to give Lamas the close enough distance to get off those elbows and punches.  A little tough bailing since the fence was pretty close behind him.  Not backseat driving, just an interesting top halfguard position to get off the gnp. 

1/28/13 4:10 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MdGeist -
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

Erik Koch is still the only guy I've ever seen land a check hook other than Mayweather.  Edit - KO someone with a check hook too.

Forgot about Paul Daley. He has a wicked check hook.

Maybe this sounds dumb but what is the difference between a hook and check hook? Phone Post
1/28/13 6:29 PM
ChicagoTom
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Letibleu -
DamnSevern - 

'

In the first pic, it looks like we see his fucking skull. Glad he is alright. Love to watch both these guys fight.

That's what I saw on the big screen. It looked like his skull or another eyeball was emerging from his face Phone Post
1/28/13 7:16 PM

Salokcin69 - 
MdGeist -

Erik Koch is still the only guy I've ever seen land a check hook other than Mayweather.  Edit - KO someone with a check hook too.

Maybe this sounds dumb but what is the difference between a hook and check hook? Phone Post

A check hook is a type of counter-hook, and is thrown with the lead hand.  It is used against an opponent who is rushing in.  What makes it different from any other counter-hook is that you throw the punch and pivot away from your opponent simultaneously.  It's supposed to be very difficul to land.  

Mayweather's check hook against Hatton is probably the most classic example I can think of.

1/28/13 7:39 PM
I've been on both sides of a Glory Hole
477 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Salokcin69 - 
MdGeist -

A check hook is a type of counter-hook, and is thrown with the lead hand.  It is used against an opponent who is rushing in.  What makes it different from any other counter-hook is that you throw the punch and pivot away from your opponent simultaneously.  It's supposed to be very difficul to land.  

Mayweather's check hook against Hatton is probably the most classic example I can think of.

This man DOES know shit about boxing.

Vote Up when I get on my computer Phone Post
1/28/13 9:03 PM

I've been on both sides of a Glory Hole - 
Salokcin69 - 
MdGeist -

This man DOES know shit about boxing.

Vote Up when I get on my computer Phone Post

Haha thanks.  Emmanuel Steward bro!

But apparently nothing about kickboxing, as my SN demonstrates.  I thought Pettis was more style than substance and that Cerrone was the better overall striker.

1/30/13 2:16 AM

1/30/13 2:18 AM
Wasa-B
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THis was one of the first GNP TKOs that started from within full guard.

Koch's standup looked pretty good btw up to then.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.