UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The reason Anderson wants Le... Etc

1/27/13 12:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Mouth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Comes down to his portion of PPV revenue.

That's the only reason he gives a shit about name power.

Him/Bisping would have done close to a million buys Id bet... Especially if he'd have beaten Vitor decisively.

No one left in the division is a draw. I expect Anderson to start seriously negotiating super fights. He will retire soon and will want the money in the bank. Phone Post
1/27/13 1:54 PM
The Mouth

You're high. Phone Post
1/27/13 2:03 PM
Jason
353 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Site Admin
LETMEBANGBRO - He's ducking Weidman !! Weidman is a massive draw and has crushed all the top names at 185 !!
Is massive no a synonym for "awful" Phone Post
1/27/13 2:11 PM
Metafour

Maybe or he could just want to fight a standup guy and avoid strong wrestlers. Phone Post
1/27/13 2:32 PM
The Mouth

Rockhold "has" a belt.

That makes more sense to me than Weidman. Phone Post
1/27/13 2:33 PM
The Mouth

And lol @ Lombard. How quickly you forget his UFC record. Phone Post
1/27/13 2:34 PM
hubris
254 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

who is Weidman?
1/27/13 2:36 PM
The Mouth

Yeah. No way he beat him.

Except the big fat fucking L on his record. Phone Post
1/27/13 2:52 PM
The Mouth

Billy Joe Rottoncrotch - Even if people here don't think Cung Le has a chance to win, can't we all agree that this would be a pretty amazing fight to watch?

Anyone thinks Anderson would make Cung look silly or destroy him in one round isn't thinking rationally imo.

Cung may be past his prime, but he still has the kickboxing skills to give Anderson a run for his money on the feet.
Great points Phone Post
1/27/13 2:58 PM
Anderson Ducking Weidman

Cung is not a draw. Is he a bigger name than Weidman? Yes, but any marginal advantage he has in name value is outweighed by the fact that its a matchup that makes no sense. Is cung in the top 20? It would not be a bigger ppv than an undefeated prospect who has the style to beat Anderson. Phone Post
1/27/13 3:08 PM
BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LETMEBANGBRO - He's ducking Weidman !! Weidman is a massive draw and has crushed all the top names at 185 !!
Nobody knows who Jesse bong felt and mark Munoz ate Phone Post
1/27/13 3:08 PM
unfilter
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rockhold makes good horse sense; roll those dudes into the UFC ASAP and unify the belts

then constaninos philippou for the lineal bellator championship.

1/27/13 3:09 PM
DiSmAnTLeR

GableGrip - It's because Le is the easier fight.

His manager says big name and then says rockhold is a option and Weidman is not. Since when is rockhold a bigger name? CW has fought in bigger shows and beat more top knotch guys.

Andy is scared. So all you AS lovers need to get real and understand that he wants to pad his record and title defenses.

He won't fight CW or Lombard , he is goin to move to LH once bones is gone to avoid that mess. He wants no piece of jones either and will stay at MW fighting the easier comp till bones is gone.

Anderson is the greatest chump of all time
They should ban you for being a Moran .

Look at the list of guys Anderson has beaten, compare it to Weidman's list and see who looks like a chump. Phone Post
1/27/13 3:22 PM
The Mouth

BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat -
Nobody knows who Jesse bong felt and mark Munoz ate Phone Post
Munoz is Weidmans biggest win. Phone Post
1/27/13 3:26 PM
matthias
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it's crazy to doubt that Anderson is the GOAT as far as fighting, but this is an obvious attempt to avoid a fight with a legitimate threat. Why is it that NO ONE else in MMA, not even Cung, has mentioned his name as a potential next fight, except for Ed Soares? Does anyone really believe they think he has a legit claim to #1 contender? Phone Post
1/27/13 3:29 PM
Forssberg

AS is not ducking anyone. It's a negotiating ploy that AS and Soares repeat over and over again before agreeing to a fight. They know if Dana wants a fight bad enough that he will give in.
1/27/13 3:38 PM
The Mouth

matthias - I think it's crazy to doubt that Anderson is the GOAT as far as fighting, but this is an obvious attempt to avoid a fight with a legitimate threat. Why is it that NO ONE else in MMA, not even Cung, has mentioned his name as a potential next fight, except for Ed Soares? Does anyone really believe they think he has a legit claim to #1 contender? Phone Post
That's because Cung doesn't care... And he's never spoken out about a fight.

I don't recall him ever calling anyone out really. Phone Post
1/27/13 3:46 PM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 01/27/13 3:47 PM

TTT
1/27/13 3:49 PM
Lazer MMA

Jason - 

Then Jason, Rockhold with 20K less twitter followers must be a 'really' "awful" draw?

The draw has nothing to do with the decision, it's got to be close to even inbetween the two.

Hell it seems to make more sense to wait for Lombard V okami if you were wanting the biggest draw. Lombard could be promoted using his brutal KO's and the man looks the part! I think he'd draw more than either.

Got to wonder about Cung's draw (movie star and all).
Hell it's less of a joke than JBJ Vs Sonnen (by a tad lol).
Par for the course here in the MMAE
1/27/13 3:59 PM
UGCTT_zackthewop
315 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson Ducking Weidman - Cung is not a draw. Is he a bigger name than Weidman? Yes, but any marginal advantage he has in name value is outweighed by the fact that its a matchup that makes no sense. Is cung in the top 20? It would not be a bigger ppv than an undefeated prospect who has the style to beat Anderson. Phone Post
Cung beat ace

Frankin is much better than anyone weidman has beat. Phone Post
1/27/13 4:02 PM
UGCTT_zackthewop
315 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA -
Jason - 

Then Jason, Rockhold with 20K less twitter followers must be a 'really' "awful" draw?

The draw has nothing to do with the decision, it's got to be close to even inbetween the two.

Hell it seems to make more sense to wait for Lombard V okami if you were wanting the biggest draw. Lombard could be promoted using his brutal KO's and the man looks the part! I think he'd draw more than either.

It's the fact that a fight with Rockhold has more marketability than a fight with weidman. Rockhold has also fought and beat better fighters.

Champion vs champion will sell even if the people don't know who the champion is that well.

Champion vs weidman won't sell that well because the only top guy weidman beat (besides Maia which didn't help his stock too much) wasn't seen by many people because it was on fuel. Phone Post
1/27/13 4:29 PM
Lazer MMA

UGCTT_zackthewop - 
Lazer MMA -
Jason - 

It's the fact that a fight with Rockhold has more marketability than a fight with weidman. Rockhold has also fought and beat better fighters.

Champion vs champion will sell even if the people don't know who the champion is that well.

Champion vs weidman won't sell that well because the only top guy weidman beat (besides Maia which didn't help his stock too much) wasn't seen by many people because it was on fuel. Phone Post

A fact hum, how is that proven with 20K less twitter followers and fighting in SF rather than the UFC? you're splitting hairs! It can't be a blow out in marketability inbetween the the two IMO. No way is it enough to lose the credibility of not fighting the true #2.
1/27/13 4:35 PM
UGCTT_zackthewop

Lazer MMA -
UGCTT_zackthewop - 
Lazer MMA -
Jason - 

A fact hum, how is that proven with 20K less twitter followers and fighting in SF rather than the UFC? you're splitting hairs! It can't be a blow out in marketability inbetween the the two IMO. No way is it enough to lose the credibility of not fighting the true #2.
I'm not saying who he should or shouldn't fight but I have a hard time ranking weidman over Rockhold just because he fought in the UFC.

I think beating Kennedy and jacare is just as good as beating Maia and Munoz so I don't really rank weidman above Rockhold. I also don't gauge twitter followers as how popular a fighter is. I always figured twitter was for little kids but who knows.

I would guess that rockholds last fight with Kennedy had close to if not more views than weidmans fight with Munoz.

Last thing is anyone who would watch Anderson fight weidman would also watch Rockhold vs weidman but I think by throwing in the champion vs champion angle there would be more people who watch that than the weidman fight.

IMO weidman needs one more good win to be considered a true #1 contender. Phone Post
1/27/13 4:45 PM
Lazer MMA

Well, if I bet AS Vs Rockhold I'll watch but if not why?

I think those MW ranking are crap as well but as it stands Weidman beat a #3 & #6 in the UFC. A fool can see there is more credibility in fighting him Vs rockhold. The draw of each fighter is about =, there is nothing to talk about and if there is you have not touched on it.

Rockhold is the easiest possible match up for AS. Weidman's style many feel presents AS with problems.

I did a thread "stop Weidman crying" before but this is just silly. I was suckered again.
1/27/13 4:49 PM
gorgesjorj
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAjunkie Radio, Host
Weidman is undefeated, 5-0 as a UFC mw, with three finishes. Has a top 5 win over Munoz (an event he main evented, btw), two bonuses and has been on Versus (now NBC Sports), Spike, Fuel and big FOX. How is he unknown or undeserving of a title shot.

Le is a stud and has some nice accomplishments at Strikeforce and a respectable 2-1 record in the UFC. But I just don't see how that resume has people running to pay $54.99 while they wouldn't think of parting with their cash for Weidman.

Weidman is the #1 contender.

Rockhold and Belfort makes sense for the next guy in line after that. Rockhold wants it, Dana wants it, let's hope Belfort does.

And looking further, Lombard seems to have gained some traction with his last performance in Australia.

Lastly, if Hendo and Hashad want to drop (if they win their next fights at lhw), I could dig that too. But now we're way ahead of ourselves.

Forget the GSP-Silva fight, GSP doesn't want it. Forget the Silva-Jones fight, Silva doesn't want it.

GG
@mmajunkiegeorge

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.