UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Pettis to wait out for title shot

1/27/13 8:08 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1284 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

If it's a guaranteed title shot, then I'm waiting," Pettis said. "That was my goal this year, and I'm definitely going to wait and get better."

UFC President Dana White said despite Pettis' dominant performance over Cerrone, who had won six of his first seven fights in the UFC and had never been knocked out before, he didn't believe there was reason to take Melendez out of the title fight in favor of Pettis.

"I think the Melendez fight is pretty set, but (Pettis is) next," White said. "I can't say enough things about the kid tonight – that was incredible. Obviously his big all-time highlight will be the kick off the fence. But tonight, the knee off the fence, was unbelievable."

read entire article...

1/27/13 8:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bknumber1
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Considering what happened last time, probably a smart move. Phone Post
1/27/13 8:10 PM
Saltyballs
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't blame him one bit. Phone Post
1/27/13 8:11 PM
mmavixen
1121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bknumber1 -  Considering what happened last time, probably a smart move. Phone Post

Exactly...

1/27/13 8:19 PM
SupesUp
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is in a position to do that and he deserves it. I'd prefer that to the gil fight but I want to see both. Phone Post
1/27/13 8:39 PM
nolabrum
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - The LW title fight is April 20th, I would wait also to see what happens.
If the Champion is hurt at that point, I would take another fight if not I would ask for a title fight in August of this year.
If the champ was injured the only fight Pettis should take is an interim title fight. Phone Post
1/27/13 8:44 PM
hogh20

Pettis, the only guarantee in the UFC is that nothing is guaranteed.
1/27/13 9:08 PM
Tardiolli

Melendez has been up there for a while but his performance in his last fight wasn't really title shot worthy. He arguably lost to Josh.
1/27/13 10:30 PM
Wasa-B
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I was the UFC, i would not want to jeopardize the potential rematch with Bendo and Pettis.

But im stoked to see Gil get his shot finally as well.
1/27/13 10:30 PM
orcus

How does Gil in particular beat Pettis? He's not all that dominant a wrestler and his standup is lightyears behind Pettis'.

1/27/13 10:45 PM
caposa
1834 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also makes sense for the UFC to keep Pettis in their back pocket incase something happens to Bendo or Gil. A lot can happen in 4 months. Phone Post
1/27/13 10:46 PM
mje364
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta -
Chaelismyhero - Gil and Benson beats Pettis

Hahahahahahahahaha.... you know they fought once before right? I'm giving you the benefit of the out doubt despite your 12/30/12 join date.  

I know I'm a 12er also but I think bendo would beat pettis right now. They both have evolved a ton though since their fight and it'd be a close fight. However I think pettis ruins Gil. Phone Post
1/27/13 10:49 PM
jdindiana
400 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chaelismyhero - Gil and Benson beats Pettis
At the same time......maybe Phone Post
1/27/13 10:53 PM
FunkMasterJoe
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd wait as well if I were Pettis. If Henderson gets through Gilbert, a Pettis/Bendo rematch for the UFC belt this time would be badass. Phone Post
1/27/13 11:00 PM
Matrixkick
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smart move Phone Post
1/28/13 12:16 AM
newjack900
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think hes officially entered my top 10 most entertaining fighters in mma right now (arguably top 5)-...damn this kid is talented... part of me wishes the lauzon fight coulda been a war

1/28/13 12:28 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bknumber1 - Considering what happened last time, probably a smart move. Phone Post
And the fact he just showed ring rust is a non factor with him Phone Post
1/28/13 12:45 AM
I've been on both sides of a Glory Hole
512 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What the fuck bro?!-Johny Hendricks Phone Post
1/28/13 1:30 AM
LBH_RN
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd rather see Pettis fight Aldo than Henderson. I think Hendo is evolved enough now to turn that potential fight into what GSP/Diaz will look like...whole lotta snuggling. Plus I think Pettis could make 145 pretty easy.
1/28/13 1:33 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LBH_RN - I'd rather see Pettis fight Aldo than Henderson. I think Hendo is evolved enough now to turn that potential fight into what GSP/Diaz will look like...whole lotta snuggling. Plus I think Pettis could make 145 pretty easy.
Benson doesn't snuggle. He's extremely aggressive on the ground Phone Post
1/28/13 2:07 AM
I've been on both sides of a Glory Hole
512 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
LBH_RN - I'd rather see Pettis fight Aldo than Henderson. I think Hendo is evolved enough now to turn that potential fight into what GSP/Diaz will look like...whole lotta snuggling. Plus I think Pettis could make 145 pretty easy.
Benson doesn't snuggle. He's extremely aggressive on the ground Phone Post
This. The posters here are getting worse day by day. Bendo a snuggler.....ya I'm signing off for the night Phone Post
1/28/13 4:32 AM
Enemies

Haha, what a slap in the face that would be. If Pettis went for an April bout in the meantime and they set him up with Guida again.
1/28/13 4:45 AM
mijo

Nate Diaz vs Pettis
1/28/13 4:49 AM
ChaosOverkill
736 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't blame him after taking a fight last time and being given Clay Guida obsessed with being a blanket all of a sudden

1/28/13 5:31 AM
mijo

ChaosOverkill -

I can't blame him after taking a fight last time and being given Clay Guida obsessed with being a blanket all of a sudden

If you can't beat a blanket!!!! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.