UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Reem: I am better in every aspect [vs. Silva]

1/28/13 10:53 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I know I am a better fighter. The fight will probably end in one or two rounds. I'm going to raise my hands after and he's just going to be a number on my list, a statistic. I want to finish him the first round.

I have the power to knock 'Bigfoot' out for a long, long time. I expect 'Bigfoot' to try and take this fight to the ground. I believe I have the advantage if the fight goes to the ground. I am better in the stand-up, I'm better on the ground and I have more knockout wins, more submission wins. I am better in every aspect and I'm going to show that February 2nd in Vegas."

transcribed by MMAMania.com...

1/28/13 10:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chaz Johnson
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That big head should be easy to hit Phone Post
1/28/13 11:00 PM
warez
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Overeem is going to knock Silva's head back to Easter Island
1/28/13 11:06 PM
hogh20

warez - Overeem is going to knock Silva's head back to Easter Island

hahaha, that is great. I almost feel sorry for Silva, but I am a huge Fedor fan, so my sympathy runs shallow.
1/28/13 11:08 PM
Nexuscrawlers
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Bigfoot has a chance. He is a tough dude.

Overeem is like a striker version of Mir. Mir has great subs and decent KO power. Reem has great kickboxing and some decent subs. Both tend to lack heart and chin when times get tough.

Anything can happen, that's why mma is great. Phone Post
1/28/13 11:11 PM
yellow c0ckahlc

Overeem is better than Bigfoot on the ground, huh?

Hmm.

1/28/13 11:12 PM
Ubiquitous
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm stoked. I have floor seats for this, and I had floor seats when he fought Badr at dynamite. Hoping for the same outcome, even though I like Bigfoot. Phone Post
1/28/13 11:23 PM
hogh20

yellow c0ckahlc - 

Hmm.

I would pick Overeem over Bigfoot on the ground just based on Overeems rediculous power. Don't forget, while Bigfoot is a Blackbelt BJJ, Overeem is Europe ADCC champion. Not that it matters, Bigfoot won't get him down anyway.
1/28/13 11:30 PM
newjack900
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dwight K Schrute - Am I crazy for thinking this is near a cake-walk fight for Overeem?

It's prob already been said, but a lot of people were saying that when Bigfoot fought Fedor too. Lets not forget this guy is still considered a top 10 HW by most, still motivated, still in his prime, & if he somehow can take Overeem down his top game is viscious. I'm a huge Overeem fan so I hope he does to Bigfoot what Cain did (only using his Striking to maul him instead of GnP) but I've seen too many great future matchups ruined in mma by a fight that shoulda been a cake-walk. I hope you're right tho
1/28/13 11:33 PM
Prikaza

It's an easy fight for Reem. Anderson Silva, Wanderlei Silva, Bigfoot Silva. They all suck. Give him a Silva. Phone Post
1/28/13 11:49 PM
newjack900
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hogh20 - 
yellow c0ckahlc - 

Hmm.

I would pick Overeem over Bigfoot on the ground just based on Overeems rediculous power. Don't forget, while Bigfoot is a Blackbelt BJJ, Overeem is Europe ADCC champion. Not that it matters, Bigfoot won't get him down anyway.

While the old 205 Reem had 1 of the best guillotine's in the Game, we don't kno if he still has that in his arsenal at HW- & while he was once very dangerous w subs, I wouldn't necessarily consider him at the level of BB's 'on the ground' (altho I do remember almost shitting myself when he tapped Vitor).
1/29/13 12:03 AM
hogh20

newjack900 - 
hogh20 - 
yellow c0ckahlc - 

Hmm.

While the old 205 Reem had 1 of the best guillotine's in the Game, we don't kno if he still has that in his arsenal at HW- & while he was once very dangerous w subs, I wouldn't necessarily consider him at the level of BB's 'on the ground' (altho I do remember almost shitting myself when he tapped Vitor).

I mentioned Overeems power for a reason. He has so much more than Bigfoot. Bigfoot has almost no muscle mass on his body! I have bigger arms than that guy and I'm tiny! I don't think Bigfoot will be able to get Overeem down, and even if he did, I think Overeem has enough skill and certainly enough power, to get out of anything Bigfoot throws at him.
1/29/13 12:07 AM
epwar
596 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - 
Dwight K Schrute - Am I crazy for thinking this is near a cake-walk fight for Overseen?

no. It's a gimme fight for Overeem.

heard someone say "well no one gave him a chance against Travis Browne, durrr"

well for one, Travis was a fringe Top 10 fighter, and second, HE BUSTED HIS HAMSTRING DURING THE FIGHT

No one gave Bigfoot a chance against Fedor...

1/29/13 12:10 AM
ThinkMMA
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bigfoot gets absolutely no respect in this forum. Phone Post
1/29/13 12:12 AM
hogh20

epwar - 
Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - 
Dwight K Schrute - Am I crazy for thinking this is near a cake-walk fight for Overseen?

no. It's a gimme fight for Overeem.

heard someone say "well no one gave him a chance against Travis Browne, durrr"

well for one, Travis was a fringe Top 10 fighter, and second, HE BUSTED HIS HAMSTRING DURING THE FIGHT

No one gave Bigfoot a chance against Fedor...

I am a huge Fedor fan. There is no comparison. Fedor was on his way out. Reem is in his prime. Not to mention the size difference is enormous between Reem and Fedor.
1/30/13 6:40 PM
Nexuscrawlers
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThinkMMA - Bigfoot gets absolutely no respect in this forum. Phone Post
He's got my respect! Bigfoot has serious skills and is tough as nails. Bigfoot can win this fight on heart alone. That's one area Bigfoot is way ahead of Reem imo. Phone Post
1/30/13 6:47 PM
yellow c0ckahlc

dhas - 
ThinkMMA -  Bigfoot gets absolutely no respect in this forum. Phone Post

He's fighting the Reem
The god damned fucking Reem
The bastard son of a bitch shitlord Reem

THE fucking Reem
not just a wild reem from the jungle or a reem that you can keep at your house as a pet, THE Reem
(Alistair "The Reem" Overeem)

Well, I'm sold.

THE REEM. COMING SOON ORDER NOW

1/30/13 6:53 PM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dhas - 
ThinkMMA -  Bigfoot gets absolutely no respect in this forum. Phone Post

He's fighting the Reem
The god damned fucking Reem
The bastard son of a bitch shitlord Reem

THE fucking Reem
not just a wild reem from the jungle or a reem that you can keep at your house as a pet, THE Reem
(Alistair "The Reem" Overeem)

I was on the fence with this fight...

But after reading this post I am remortgaging my house, withdrawing my life savings, and shitting it all on Overeem in the 1st round.

1/30/13 8:02 PM
BlueNamer
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow. gimme fight my ass! not saying reem can't catch him quickly in the first and put him away, but these are both 265 lb men with insane power. imo bigfoot has way more heart than overeem, but i would think bigfoot's chin might be more questionable than overeems. i'm not going to be surprised at all if bigfoot pulls this off.
1/30/13 8:27 PM
Smellde Gluve
609 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/30/13 8:36 PM
3rdLion
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smellde Gluve -

Hahahahahaha Phone Post
1/30/13 8:38 PM
Smellde Gluve
609 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad you like it dude!

1/30/13 8:39 PM
BlueNamer
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smellde Gluve - 

holy shit. well done!
1/30/13 8:41 PM
Smellde Gluve

Thank you BlueNamer!

1/30/13 8:43 PM
inf0
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone that thinks this is a gimme fight for Overeem doesn't have a clue about the sport.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.