UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Did anyone else notice?

1/31/13 11:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Drhydro
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

about 30min into this weeks TUF episode when Gilbert is walking into team Jones dressing room.
It looks like Frank Mir is arguing with Jones he basically says lets do it then lets clear the chairs and go right here on the mat because I hate when guys sit here and say this shit!
Then Jones gets up in a very cocky way like hes about to school Mir tho if there talking just BJJ im sure Mir would wreck him.
1/31/13 11:03 PM
Drhydro

I pvr that shit I dont like commercials sorry.
1/31/13 11:09 PM
Drhydro

Would be nice if someone can post the 10 seconds of the episode Im talking about.
1/31/13 11:10 PM
TheOne
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We need a GIF master on it.
1/31/13 11:14 PM
suess
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont even.... Phone Post
2/1/13 6:56 AM
Black Belt Wrestling

LOL @ Mir doing anything to Bones Jones

Sure thing buddy!
2/1/13 6:58 AM
Bisping NEEDS to retire
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mir wrecks JJ
2/1/13 7:01 AM
WelshWarrior
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt Wrestling - LOL @ Mir doing anything to Bones Jones

Sure thing buddy!
your an idiot if u think jones wouldnt get subbed very quick if grappling with mir Phone Post
2/1/13 7:56 AM
ortman166

WelshWarrior -
Black Belt Wrestling - LOL @ Mir doing anything to Bones Jones

Sure thing buddy!
your an idiot if u think jones wouldnt get subbed very quick if grappling with mir Phone Post
This. I think he could beat him In mma too Phone Post
2/1/13 8:18 AM
fayceofff
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't watch, but this thread is relevant to my interests...
2/1/13 8:59 AM
djones
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont think he was talking to Jones, IMO he was telling a story to Bubba Jenkins

2/1/13 9:39 AM
Drhydro

I just watched it again Im pretty sure he is talking to Jones. He is looking straight at jones wearing the black tshirt and says lets fight here then clear the chairs we got a mat, I hate when people sit here and say this shit.
Jenkins is wearing a red sweater and playing on his phone during the scene so I don't think hes telling him a story.
Yes he could be telling Jones a story but the way it happens doesnt look like a story but yes TV editing can make something look like something else. Gilbert is kinda looking over his shoulder like something is going down on that side of the room when he gets in there.
2/1/13 10:11 AM
MmmozzY

Drhydro - I just watched it again Im pretty sure he is talking to Jones. He is looking straight at jones wearing the black tshirt and says lets fight here then clear the chairs we got a mat, I hate when people sit here and say this shit.
Jenkins is wearing a red sweater and playing on his phone during the scene so I don't think hes telling him a story.
Yes he could be telling Jones a story but the way it happens doesnt look like a story but yes TV editing can make something look like something else. Gilbert is kinda looking over his shoulder like something is going down on that side of the room when he gets in there.
He was telling a story... Did you even watch the episode? He clearly phrases it in the past tense.

/thread Phone Post
2/1/13 10:13 AM
Legalize It
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I watched it only once, when it aired but I had the feeling he was telling a story. Phone Post
2/1/13 11:45 AM
Black Belt Wrestling

Man is Jones ever lucky that Mir didn't wreck him!

You honestly think if they fought MMA that Jones would lose??

He'd even be the betting favorite based on the fact that he would decide exactly where the fight went.
2/1/13 11:47 AM
Black Belt Wrestling

Trying to remember the last fight when Jones was wrecked?

Also is this TRT Mir ?
2/1/13 12:19 PM
UGSlapshot

Drhydro - Would be nice if someone can post the 10 seconds of the episode Im talking about.
Seeing as you're the 1 who made the thread it would be nice if that person was you! Phone Post
2/1/13 12:25 PM
Yer_Momma
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I noticed it, but it sounded like he was just telling a story. like a re-enactment.

2/1/13 12:31 PM
TheMessiah

They are friends if not Mir wouldn't of been helping train! Phone Post
2/1/13 12:32 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OP this was actually a really good catch man, it's at the 21 min mark, but it looks non confrontational.

Frank says something along of lines of "well lets see who can beat who, and I said well really then lets clear the chairs and fight eachother and lets find out". John says something like "lets see who's the best" and Frank finishes with "Because I hate it when people tell me I can do this, I can do that.............." (Can't make out the rest as it cuts to Gil)

2/1/13 2:10 PM
Drhydro

I live in Canada unless they air us something a little different on sportsnet there was nothing that gives any idea it was a story. When the clip starts it just has Mir saying lets fight clear the chairs and go right on the mat Im sick of people saying this shit. He kinda points at the mat and chairs I guess he could be talking about on another season of tuf he was on but nothing indicates this. Then Jones stands up like he accepts the challange and Gilbert is looking over his shoulder at them is what makes me think they were about to grapple not fight.
2/1/13 2:17 PM
Drhydro

Edited: 02/01/13 2:18 PM
I will be the first to admit I was wrong sorry for the waste of everyones time. Mir clearly says i was like lets move these chairs.

/thread
2/1/13 6:23 PM
Black Belt Wrestling

Bones Jones would toy with Mir
2/1/13 6:26 PM
Bisping NEEDS to retire
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt Wrestling - Bones Jones would toy with Mir

Not a chance, Mir would take his arm off. I hadn't considered this fight before, but if Jones ever moves up I'd quite like to see it.
2/1/13 8:17 PM
TheOne
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vid?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.