UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: Tito, Rousey blows you out of the water

2/1/13 10:20 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz recently appeared on The MMA Hour and took issue with Ronda Rousey. The former Olympian and current UFC Women's bantamweight championwho has insisted that Cris 'Cyborg' Santos, who is managed by Ortiz, must drop to 135 to fight her.

"I think it should be more about the women's division in general, than about one person," said Ortiz. "Ronda's fought maybe, what, five times now? Or only five times now? To do that to somebody, it just shows disrespect towards all the other women fighters that are in that weight class.

"I think she's believing the hype a little bit too much. She hasn't proven anything yet."

UFC president Dana White said he hadn't thought of it that way, but was grateful for the insight.

NO HE DIDN'T.

"Tito Ortiz came out the other day and said, 'What has Ronda Rousey done? Ronda Rousey hasn't even proven herself yet. She hasn't proven herself'" said White. "What the f---! Tito was a junior college wrestler. Ronda is an Olympic-level athlete who won a f---ing medal at the Olympics. Ronda Rousey's first nine fights have gone nine minutes and 28 seconds. Tito Ortiz's first nine fights went 40 minutes and 45 seconds.

"What the f--- are you talking about, Tito? She blows you out of the water when it comes to accomplishing things at the same point in your age and career. She smokes you. She buries you. She's in another universe. I get it--he's a manager now and he's got to get out there and say some goofy s---. But c'mon. Do your homework, Tito."

Ortiz responded, via Twitter.

"Im in the hall of fame because I helped put the @UFC on the map," said Tito. "By saying that @RondaRousey has blown my accomplishments away I guess @danawhite is saying that He has not only given her a belt without ever fighting in the octagon but I guess she already has earned hall of fame status before even one fight in the ufc- congrats Ronda! LOL."

2/1/13 10:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To be honest I hadn't thought of it that way.
2/1/13 10:31 PM
UltimatePower
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda has fought cans though.
2/1/13 10:32 PM
xakx
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GableGrip - For as big of a head as Tito has you'd think he would be smart.

I guess it's all skull, water, some more skull and a little peanut for a brain hidden in the middle

He isn't stupid, he did well on apprentice. He just has a cracked skull once in a while.
2/1/13 10:33 PM
PrinceAlbert

Edited: 02/01/13 10:36 PM
Dana wrote the book that Tito heard on tape.
TheRaider
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck yea.

All Rhonda's opponents have known exactly what she was going to do, they had months to train for it and still got finished by it in an average of 67 seconds.

Pure dominance.
ken amtrack

Food for thought to be honest Phone Post
2/1/13 10:35 PM
Soul Gravy

That's bullshit.

Tito helped build the entire sport. In no world are his accomplishments eclipsed by Ronda, and I'm a Ronda fan.
2/1/13 10:36 PM
ken amtrack

Flaming fight shorts..step up Honda Phone Post
2/1/13 10:37 PM
rufus

Soul Gravy - That's bullshit.

Tito helped build the entire sport. In no world are his accomplishments eclipsed by Ronda, and I'm a Ronda fan.
You should learn how to read. Peace. Phone Post
2/1/13 10:40 PM
Soul Gravy

rufus - 

I'll work on that while you work on comprehension. Peace.
2/1/13 10:41 PM
xakx

Tito was 'poster boy' in UFC for a very long time. He made his fights some of the most exciting fights in UFC history and he had some of the best entrances.

He carried the UFC in the early years and gave them enough momentum to keep going. When they realized they didn't need him anymore that's when they started to have problems.

Dana likes to run his mouth but he never had the guts to step into the cage.
2/1/13 10:43 PM
HexRei

THANKS DINA!

2/1/13 10:45 PM
rufus

Soul Gravy - 
rufus - 

I have perfect reading comprehension, which is why I can recognize that your post doesn't make any sense.

You seemed to have missed an important qualifier in BLAF's statement:

She blows you out of the water when it comes to accomplishing things at the same point in your age and career.

Now try to pay attention next time.

2/1/13 10:45 PM
wink91wink

I don't see the problem here? All he is saying is that the whole division should be getting recognition not just Rousey, and Dana gets all defensive. She was handed the belt without fighting in the UFC. She has had an impressive couple of fights in strikeforce, but comparing her career to tito's, even at any point in their careers, just seems silly to me.
2/1/13 10:46 PM
Enemies

Okay, so I just looked some stuff up. Rousey is 26.

When Tito was 26 he had already fought and beat Wanderlei Silva for the Light Heavyweight belt. Then defended it 4 times consecutively before the age of 27 including another time vs. Ken Shamrock after he turned 27.

So, I like Dana but he's talking out of his ass on this one.
2/1/13 10:49 PM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

xakx - 
GableGrip - For as big of a head as Tito has you'd think he would be smart.

I guess it's all skull, water, some more skull and a little peanut for a brain hidden in the middle

He isn't stupid, he did well on apprentice. He just has a cracked skull once in a while.

what the hell? A xakx sighting! Where have you been?
2/1/13 10:50 PM
PrettyBoy
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Loyalty and short memory... Not only a Randy Couture problem huh Dana Phone Post
2/1/13 10:50 PM
ironjosh

to be fair, any guy Tito fought is a more skilled athlete than any woman.
2/1/13 10:54 PM
HexRei

Enemies - Okay, so I just looked some stuff up. Rousey is 26.

When Tito was 26 he had already fought and beat Wanderlei Silva for the Light Heavyweight belt. Then defended it 4 times consecutively before the age of 27 including another time vs. Ken Shamrock after he turned 27.

Quiet, you. Dana selected a specific metric that made his point seem valid. Who are you to present counterpoints to that?
2/1/13 10:56 PM
DAVID H
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Enemies - Okay, so I just looked some stuff up. Rousey is 26.

2/1/13 10:58 PM
Sir Slugshot331
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't believe no one has stated the obvious joke.

2/1/13 10:59 PM
I've been on both sides of a Glory Hole
473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The SF Women's BW title really means more than fighting for and winning the UFC LHW title? Dana really needs to get off her ovaries. Phone Post
2/1/13 11:01 PM
namrepus
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana is really setting himself up for failure if his star loses right off the bat. Giving way too much hype to Honda. Maybe after she loses he'll force her to the catch weight for the fight everyone wants see. Phone Post
2/1/13 11:03 PM
Soul Gravy

rufus - 
Soul Gravy - 
rufus - 

I have perfect reading comprehension, which is why I can recognize that your post doesn't make any sense.

You seemed to have missed an important qualifier in BLAF's statement:

She blows you out of the water when it comes to accomplishing things at the same point in your age and career.

Now try to pay attention next time.

It's already been explained on this thread which will save me some time, but just so you know...

Dana is essentially bringing up Ronda's Olympic experience as evidence that she's somehow succeeded more that Tito at the same age...an experience which has absolutely no bearing in her MMA standing or her MMA career. Tito's right in saying that she hasn't proven anything on the MMA stage yet.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.