UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Thank you Enson Inoue

2/2/13 8:13 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mega Colossus
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor Me A New One -  Don't risk a broken arm mate, lol, it's not worth it :) Phone Post

If you go back and read my post carefully m8. You'll see why I think it's worth it
2/2/13 8:16 AM
Mega Colossus
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got MMAlk -  Id like to hear the podcast because i haver yet, but i would say that at that point you are leaving your career, and (even worse) possibly your life (a choke held too long) in the hands of someone else. By someone else, I mean a judge. Phone Post

Your right m8, that's the point.
2/2/13 8:31 AM
Mega Colossus

El Ninja - 
Herecomesthejester - If someone catches you in a heel hook or knee bar, you gotta tap. Thats a potential career ender if you dont. Phone Post
Exactly. Good luck with everything JT, but MMA is a sport and tapping is a part of it; nobody questions your valor. Phone Post

I 100% agree. It's not about valor it's about me and what helps me in a fight. This is why I though long and hard about this. It's not a ego thing. But look theirs one thing typing this from the comfort of my own home, with my cat pawing at my knee.

It's quite another to be in the 3rd of a fight with a decent heavy weight, hanging off your knee. Maybe the pain would be to much and I'll tap, I don't think I will but I've been wrong before. If I'm right and I don't tap and he breaks my knee and finish my career than I guess It was ment to end. There's a million things I can do. I'm not scared any more about tha anymore.
2/2/13 8:33 AM
RowdyBec
678 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mega Colossus - 
RowdyBec - 

Enson Inoue is the bee's knee's :)

That because he wouldn't tap to a knee bar ;)

LOL :) He is so cool that I named my son after him!!

2/2/13 8:37 AM
torquemada
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After the podcast, the mentality makes more sense to me. Going in to a fight like that. The whole fighter vs athlete thing is something to wrap your head around.

James, I hope it works out for you.
2/2/13 8:44 AM
Gokudamus stole my name
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

James, it wasnt me babbling on page 1. I posted an old Enson interview where he goes much deeper into his philosophy. You should read it if you have the time

He isnt saying you should refuse to tap if someone has your arm bent in half. He is saying most fighters quit long before that happens. Jon Jones vs Vitor was a perfect example

The majority of fighters would have tapped to that armbar. But if you watched the Gracie breakdown, it became evident that it wasnt a perfect armbar, Vitor was not belly down and didnt have the leverage to fully break the arm. Had Jon tapped to the armbar, he would have beaten himself because there was an option C, to get out of the armbar and bash Vitors face in.

2/2/13 9:19 AM
Smith1234
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting thread. Complex question. I just started thinking about it, so James you have a two week advantage. I'm boult sure how I feel about it as I have always been pro tapping.

I am reconsidering and evaluating the benefits of stated strategy. Phone Post
2/2/13 9:32 AM
Mega Colossus

RowdyBec - 
Mega Colossus - 
RowdyBec - 

Wow that is a tip of the hat. What's  your son called ?

Sorry couldn't resist

2/2/13 9:34 AM
spliff
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/02/13 9:34 AM
Mega Colossus - 
RowdyBec - 
Mega Colossus - 
RowdyBec - 

Sorry couldn't resist

enson?

2/2/13 9:34 AM
Slapsymaxi
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You know what is a million times less honorable than tapping?

Your brother running into the ring to stop the fight.

Max Phone Post
2/2/13 9:53 AM
dMo
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope this doesn't come back to jinx you James.

Always a fan though. Phone Post
2/2/13 9:58 AM
pennviachoke
1197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome thread Phone Post
2/2/13 10:04 AM
ChiTown Philly
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too little too late Phone Post
2/2/13 10:06 AM
Altofsky
864 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dear Mr. Thompson,

Thank you for the entertaining fights you've given us thus far. People can say what they will, but I've never seen you in a boring fight. Cheers for that and keep up the good work.

Sincerely,

A Yank

2/2/13 10:07 AM
Altofsky
864 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And while I'm at it, thanks to Enson for the same. To this day, anyone asks me who I feel personifies the sport... Inoue is the answer.

2/2/13 10:09 AM
Mega Colossus

dMo -  I hope this doesn't come back to jinx you James.

Always a fan though. Phone Post

Me to :)

2/2/13 10:09 AM
cool hand Ed
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

James, thanks for interacting with your fans on this forum. I know most professionals brush it off now because of how you can interact with people via twitter, but seeing you on here and how you are has really made me a fan. If you were just on twitter I'd have never had the opportunity to see you interact with others so readily. So, just saying thanks for being part of this forum(and not just when you want to try and sell something like some fighters). You've made a fan out of me.

Best of luck fren
2/2/13 10:10 AM
Mega Colossus

spliff - 
Mega Colossus - 
RowdyBec - 
Mega Colossus - 
RowdyBec - 

Sorry couldn't resist

enson?

Congrats you've won a sense of humour, use it wisely my friend
2/2/13 10:13 AM
Mega Colossus

junobeach - Bones don't just heal to exactly how they were. You can permanently lose range of motion if you break at a joint. You are more susceptible to worse breaks in the future due to demineralization, etc.

It's stupid to not tap

Indeed it's not. If you read back what I wrote I never said this (just I case your inplieing that I did) It's not about being stupid of clever
2/2/13 10:15 AM
Mega Colossus

ChiTown Philly -  Too little too late Phone Post

I don't understand please explain what's a little to late ?
2/2/13 10:16 AM
bigballsmgee
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

see if you tap in a nasty heel hook you big goon Phone Post
2/2/13 10:17 AM
Mega Colossus

Altofsky - 

Dear Mr. Thompson,

Thank you for the entertaining fights you've given us thus far. People can say what they will, but I've never seen you in a boring fight. Cheers for that and keep up the good work.

Sincerely,

A Yank

That's good of you to say. I guess you never say the Severn fight
2/2/13 10:18 AM
Mega Colossus

bigballsmgee -  see if you tap in a nasty heel hook you big goon Phone Post

Yes we will
2/2/13 10:21 AM
Mega Colossus

cool hand Ed - James, thanks for interacting with your fans on this forum. I know most professionals brush it off now because of how you can interact with people via twitter, but seeing you on here and how you are has really made me a fan. If you were just on twitter I'd have never had the opportunity to see you interact with others so readily. So, just saying thanks for being part of this forum(and not just when you want to try and sell something like some fighters). You've made a fan out of me.

Best of luck fren

I love talking mma of all kinds. I've avoided them in the past as I was scared of cristism, I'm not now and love being here, thanks

2/2/13 10:27 AM
Mega Colossus

Slapsymaxi -  You know what is a million times less honorable than tapping?

Your brother running into the ring to stop the fight.

Max Phone Post

Your missing the point it not about honour not for me anyway

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.