UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Biggest fall from grace - Reem

2/3/13 10:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JOESONDO
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mit -
JOESONDO -  His recent success was entirely based on steroids. Now that he can't roid like he used to, surprise, surprise he's not the same fighter. People should have known that going in and this should not have been such a huge surprise. Phone Post

I honestly think this is why quite a few of the guys who came from Japan had so much trouble in the UFC. I mean it's just speculation but.....lots of guys came over and lost.
Yup. A lot of guys came over looking like killers in other orgs and fell flat. They all had the same pattern: looking softer than they did before and really lethargic during the fight. Some of those fighters adapted and eventually started to look decent in the cage (not the same as before but better than their first fight) while others just couldn't compete. Not saying guys in the UFC don't juice, they just can't do it so blantantly. They have to taper off weeks from fight time and that means they don't go into the cage with the same aggression and strength. The next couple of fights will be very telling for Overeem. Phone Post
2/3/13 10:45 AM
MrColdCock
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

J_Swift - I know i'll be voted down for saying anything thats not positive about him but I'm pretty sure that Fedor fell a little harder. He had a longer winning streak prior to his losses and got submitted and (T)KO'd when in Strikeforce 3 times in a row. Phone Post
Fedor absolutely fell farther. Both in the eyes of fans that have followed from day one as well as the noobs on the Internet. Phone Post
2/3/13 10:48 AM
Hargreaves
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/03/13 10:48 AM
Fedor needs to compete in the UFC before he hangs the gloves for ever ...He has a great story and the UFC can market the shit out of him
2/3/13 10:50 AM
boulder40
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What site is the gif on? I wanna send a link to my pops and he isn't smart enough to find it on here Phone Post
2/3/13 11:14 AM
Lord Nitemare
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MrColdCock - 
Lord Nitemare -

Just a couple of days ago, Reem was looked at as being some super human - Conan like being...now it's pretty much common knowledge that he's a beefcake wiho's still incredibly chinny. Had there ever been a fall from grace as bad as this? (Maybe BJ Penn)

This has happened so many times in MMA. Who could keep track?

There have been so many guys considered the best of the best. Only to lose and be written off as all hype. We saw it happen 15 years ago to Vitor Belfort and we saw it happen 1 year ago to Cain. Both those guys bounced back just fine, while guys like Kerr and Brock did not. We'll see where Overeem goes from here. Phone Post

Lol. Reem sucks, and always did. Get with it.

...no offense dude.

2/3/13 11:23 AM
Olive Garden Table For One
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor's American tour was much worse. Quick subbed, dominates by Bigfoot and kod by a 40 yr old mw who was dominated by jake shields Phone Post
2/3/13 11:34 AM
Bisping NEEDS to retire

Olive Garden Table For One -  Fedor's American tour was much worse. Quick subbed, dominates by Bigfoot and kod by a 40 yr old mw who was dominated by jake shields Phone Post

It hurts when you put it like that
2/3/13 11:38 AM
Malvert the Janitor
814 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barbasol -

Reem lost once.  If he gets his ass handed to him the next 2 fights maybe, but wasn't Fedor's fall even bigger?

Once?

I think this is his twelfth loss, actually. Phone Post
2/3/13 11:40 AM
inf0
305 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

only noobs really thought he was going to tear throught the UFC...

2/3/13 11:41 AM
Lord Nitemare
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor'a a legend...you shut your dirty 8" cock sucking mouths.

Reem's a disgrace to MMA.

2/3/13 11:47 AM
Ep32nv
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Res ispa loquitur -

That's a big guy smashing his face right there!!

Reminded me of the Chuck/Tito finish!! Phone Post
2/3/13 11:52 AM
Lord Nitemare

Ep32nv - 
Res ispa loquitur -

That's a big guy smashing his face right there!!

Reminded me of the Chuck/Tito finish!! Phone Post

Even funnier than the Rashad Finish.

2/3/13 11:58 AM
kinson

Yelm -
Mark Krumrine -  I agree that reem lost, got knocked out no doubt, but to pretty much write the dude off because he got knocked out by a dude that is a huge monster in Bigfoot, is kinda jumping the gun.... Has the reem been Ko'd before? Yes but he's been Ko'd by guys like chuck in his prime, no shame in that.... And to be honest there isn't a heavyweight around that would be able to take the shots overeem did and walk it off, the heavyweight division is simply to the point that any hwt can knock any other hwt out at a moments notice. I am not a nuthugger or anything as in this fight I wasn't really rooting for anyone. I just think its a bit pre-mature to call the reem washed up that quick. Phone Post

I gotta disagree here respectfully.  I think the point being made here is that the Reem is an awesome hammer but the 2nd it's his turn to be the nail he is done.  This fight was the epitome of how he is.  When he is winning he looks awesome but just like the Chuck fight years ago as sooon as he is on the receiving end the fight ends shortly after.  

I did think Bigfoot was going to be a gimme fight though.  I thought a big slow grappler with not so great takedowns was the perfect match up for Alistair to showcase his striking.  Before the fight I thought Bigfoot's only chance was to make Overeem work for a couple of rounds and let him gas himself.  

I agree there is no shame in getting ko'd by Chuck but he also has a loss to Arona where he tapped to strikes in a time when Arona was finishing nobody.

Big Foot said it best. When Reem strikes he is a lion. When he gets hit he is a cat. Phone Post
2/3/13 11:58 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

It's only a giant fall from grace in the literal sense, or if you believed the HYPE and ignored his actual competition at HW in MMA. 

2/3/13 12:00 PM
JOESONDO
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was always a cat. Steroids made him seem like a lion but deep down he was always a cat.
2/3/13 12:02 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

mchase126 - 
Glovegate -

And Dana also thought Brock would destroy Overeem.  They don't know their own damn sport, it's ridiculous.

You sure about that? Everyone knew Brock was pretty done, it seemed like the perfect setup for Reem on a big stage. Got his name out there big time. Phone Post

This. Dana knew what was up. Hyping a fight is all. (in this case) I don't think he believed Brock was winning that fight. 

2/3/13 12:05 PM
Lord Nitemare

I love that gif.

if someone can get another angle, and if they could include the whole combo (head kick and all) Id be in your debt.

literally laughing my ass off at the moment.

2/3/13 12:25 PM
Barbalos

Most people who followed his career for awhile knew something like this was inevitable. He withers every time he faces strong adversity, always has and likely always will.
2/3/13 12:40 PM
Mit
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Olive Garden Table For One - Fedor's American tour was much worse. Quick subbed, dominates by Bigfoot and kod by a 40 yr old mw who was dominated by jake shields Phone Post
Henderson not healthy for that shields fight in the least. Phone Post
2/3/13 12:57 PM
TX_432
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But he's Uber!! Phone Post
2/3/13 1:00 PM
Lord Nitemare

Mix...

i agree with you.

2/3/13 1:02 PM
MrColdCock
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lord Nitemare -
MrColdCock - 
Lord Nitemare -

Just a couple of days ago, Reem was looked at as being some super human - Conan like being...now it's pretty much common knowledge that he's a beefcake wiho's still incredibly chinny. Had there ever been a fall from grace as bad as this? (Maybe BJ Penn)

There have been so many guys considered the best of the best. Only to lose and be written off as all hype. We saw it happen 15 years ago to Vitor Belfort and we saw it happen 1 year ago to Cain. Both those guys bounced back just fine, while guys like Kerr and Brock did not. We'll see where Overeem goes from here. Phone Post

...no offense dude.

Overeem sucks, always did
Brock sucks, always did
Vitor sucks, always did
Coleman sucks, always did
Kerr sucks, always did
Cro Cop sucks, always did
Cain sucks, always did
Duffee sucks, always did
Bas sucks, always did
Sapp sucks, always did
Arlovski sucks, always did
Fedor sucks, always did

People have been building up fighters as unbeatable machines only to tear them back down after a loss or poor performance. This has been going on for the past 20 years. LOL at some noob on the Internet saying "get with it"

No offence dude.... Phone Post
2/3/13 1:14 PM
MrColdCock

My take on Overeem was he was a young fighter with mad potential. He lacked cardio and heart as a 205'er. As a HW he looked like he was reaching his potential. The results certainly showed this. However his deficiencies always seemed to be under the surface waiting to reappear.

I was the one of the few impressed with his Werdum win. He passed a huge test there. I was worried about his mental state going into the Bigfoot fight. I also thought it was a horrible fight style wise, especially considering the UFC was clearly trying to make this a hype, build up Overeem fight. You have to beat Bigfoot with speed. Not Overeem's style. A 280lb guy is going to withstand a lot more Uber damage then a 240lb guy... And thus test the cardio. Phone Post
2/3/13 1:15 PM
Lord Nitemare

MrColdCock - 
Lord Nitemare -
MrColdCock - 
Lord Nitemare -

...no offense dude.

Overeem sucks, always did
Brock sucks, always did
Vitor sucks, always did
Coleman sucks, always did
Kerr sucks, always did
Cro Cop sucks, always did
Cain sucks, always did
Duffee sucks, always did
Bas sucks, always did
Sapp sucks, always did
Arlovski sucks, always did
Fedor sucks, always did

People have been building up fighters as unbeatable machines only to tear them back down after a loss or poor performance. This has been going on for the past 20 years. LOL at some noob on the Internet saying "get with it"

No offence dude.... Phone Post

Brock was exciting, not very talented

Vitor's a legend, always will be

Coleman was tough as nails, nobody came close

Kerr was a physical specimen, nobody looked like the way he did back then

Cro Cop is the single most terrifying striker of all time

Cain's the best, I've doubted him but he really is the best

Duffee is a Demon in the making, in a few years no one will be able to stop him

Bas is a legend, never say he sucks

Sapp sucks, don't fool yourself...yet he's awesome

Arlovski was great, and he's slowly regaining his older form

Fedor is the GOAT 

Overeem is overrated, and very chinny

2/3/13 1:21 PM
deadlyonetwo3
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why the hell does everyone keep saying that the Reem is chinny???? He had a giant sledgehammering him to death before he fell lol. There is not one person on this entire website that could have stood up to that assault. He is not chinny, he got caught with a bashing right hand to the temple and was subsequently finished. It happens. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.