UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rumor: Cain vs Bigfoot and Reem vs JDS @ UFC 160

2/11/13 11:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/12/13 1:33 PM

Apparently Dana was at a bar in Dublin today,  and told everyone (maybe after a few drinks) that these fights were gonna get booked.  The person who tweeted it said it will be made official tomorrow.

I have no idea if this is true, but I think it's interesting.

*Edit - seems as though it's confirmed!

2/11/13 11:33 PM
KC007
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Werdum was getting the shot if he beat big nog ? Phone Post
2/11/13 11:34 PM
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/11/13 11:34 PM
Erik Tracey
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KC007 - I thought Werdum was getting the shot if he beat big nog ? Phone Post
But we still have to wait out their season of TUF, so it could still happen. Phone Post
2/11/13 11:35 PM
Chris27

KC007 -  I thought Werdum was getting the shot if he beat big nog ? Phone Post

That wouldnt be till the fall, they dont fight till June, I dont think the UFC wants Cain to sit out an entire year to wait for Werdum, if he wins.

He fights Big Foot and then you have JDS rematch if he beats Reem or Werdum if he beats Nog.

2/11/13 11:35 PM

KC007 -  I thought Werdum was getting the shot if he beat big nog ? Phone Post

You may very well be right.  This kid could be full of shit.

2/11/13 11:36 PM

Why Dana?

2/11/13 11:40 PM
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/11/13 11:43 PM

Edited: 02/11/13 11:42 PM

FRB curse?

2/11/13 11:44 PM
HolyHackZack
352 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sometimes I think Dana might have that 'Memento' disease. Phone Post
2/11/13 11:46 PM
Tomato Can
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/11/13 11:46 PM
Overeem doesn't deserve to fight JDS, but I will enjoy watching him get KO'd again.
stevekt
560 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Memorial Day weekend?
tonytr

It's really their only choice. Most people don't want to see a Cain/JDS rematch just yet, Cormier won't fight him, Mark Hunt's record makes it difficult to hand him the shot if he beats Struve, and I think they'd be hesitant to give one to Struve (if he beats Hunt) since he got KO'ed in the first round by two guys that are still "in the mix."
2/11/13 11:51 PM
UGSlapshot

How many times have I clicked play to hear DFW say something is going to happen that doesn't... Phone Post
2/11/13 11:52 PM
DaemonDragon
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How the hell can the UFC possibly sell a Cain-Bigfoot rematch???

I mean Overeem losing has put them in a rough spot, but the Bigfoot fight is almost un-sellable since Cain destroyed him so thoroughly the first time. Now I know that rematches almost always don't resemble the first fight (e.g. Cain-JDS), but I'm talking in terms of selling PPVs.

I really wish they would take Werdum out of the Nog fight. Werdum is easily the most logical #1 contender. But I guess they don't want to mess with TUF Brazil. I find that lame.

I think even an immediate JDS rubber match would be more sellable PPV wise than Cain-Bigfoot II.

Bah. It's too bad Juiceless Reem blew that fight against Bigfoot :\ I'm not the biggest Reem fan but I was hoping Reem would win just because of this exact mess, where there's no clear opponent for Cain, outside of Werdum who's booked.

Too bad Reem was too c0cky and passive, he really should not have lost that fight if he'd fought smart, even without the juice. Idiot Reem.

(am I allowed to call Reem an idiot? That's not fighter bashing is it? I mean he did act like an idiot after all...)
2/11/13 11:54 PM
Christ Crapped in My Fish and Chips
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love the JDS Overeem fight. Not sure about the other

2/12/13 12:00 AM
ViciousCesar
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Surprised to see Cain/Silva 2 so soon considering the ass whooping Cain laid on him the first time around. I'm a Silva fan, but Cain is a bad matchup for him.

Happy to see JDS/Overeem is happening even if it isn't for the belt. I love striker vs striker match-ups, hope this one stays standing.

People seem to forget that Bigfoot was pretty thoroughly outgrappled in the first two rounds by Reem.

If Reem can do that to him, and knowing what Cain did to Bigfoot in the first fight, I have a hard time seeing Bigfoot having any success.

DaemonDragon

Edited: 02/12/13 12:01 AM
tonytr - It's really their only choice. Most people don't want to see a Cain/JDS rematch just yet, Cormier won't fight him, Mark Hunt's record makes it difficult to hand him the shot if he beats Struve, and I think they'd be hesitant to give one to Struve (if he beats Hunt) since he got KO'ed in the first round by two guys that are still "in the mix."

Actually I'd much prefer the Hunt-Struve winner getting the shot to Bigfoot. No one is going to forget how badly Bigfoot got ruined the first time.

And the Hunt-Struve winner would be a very legit contender. Whoever won that fight would be on a hell of a tear. You couldn't say they hadn't earned a title shot - Werdum is the only guy I'd rank higher in terms of contendership than the Struve-Hunt winner.

Hunt's overall record may not be good, but outside of McCorkle he's only lost to top guys. And he's clearly a very improved fighter since going to ATT, especially his TDD. He's also very exciting and his name does have some cachet among MMA fans. You can market Hunt pretty easily, he has a good highlight reel.

And Struve has lost to others, but he hasn't lost to Cain yet. I think if Struve beat Hunt you could sell Struve as a legit contender. Most would predict Cain to obliterate him, but that's no different than their expectations for Bigfoot anyway. Struve also has clearly improved a ton since him getting KOed by Browne, I'm been very impressed by Struve's progress.

Also I'm so tired of rematches...the past couple years have seen how many rematches??? The UFC has gone way overboard with the damn rematches.
tonytr

They can sell the Cain/Bigfoot fight because all of the casual fans who were high on Reem just saw Bigfoot knock him out. I watched 156 at a BWW and the reaction to it was something to see.
2/12/13 12:01 AM
GROUNDnLB
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pidgey - bigfoot getting another shot doesnt really make sense after the ass whooping he took from Cain just few months ago. Phone Post
In all fairness to BF, it was that one elbow that changed the fight. That being said, I don't see how he can stop Cain's takedowns. Cain should not stand and trade with him, too risky. Phone Post
2/12/13 12:03 AM
tonytr

DaemonDragon - 
tonytr - It's really their only choice. Most people don't want to see a Cain/JDS rematch just yet, Cormier won't fight him, Mark Hunt's record makes it difficult to hand him the shot if he beats Struve, and I think they'd be hesitant to give one to Struve (if he beats Hunt) since he got KO'ed in the first round by two guys that are still "in the mix."

Actually I'd much prefer the Hunt-Struve winner getting the shot to Bigfoot. No one is going to forget how badly Bigfoot got ruined the first time.

And the Hunt-Struve winner would be a very legit contender. Whoever won that fight would be on a hell of a tear. You couldn't say they hadn't earned a title shot - Werdum is the only guy I'd rank higher in terms of contendership than the Struve-Hunt winner.

Hunt's overall record may not be good, but outside of McCorkle he's only lost to top guys. And he's clearly a very improved fighter since going to ATT, especially his TDD. He's also very exciting and his name does have some cachet among MMA fans. You can market Hunt pretty easily, he has a good highlight reel.

And Struve has lost to others, but he hasn't lost to Cain yet. I think if Struve beat Hunt you could sell Struve as a legit contender. Most would predict Cain to obliterate him, but that's no different than their expectations for Bigfoot anyway. Struve also has clearly improved a ton since him getting KOed by Browne, I'm been very impressed by Struve's progress.

Also I'm so tired of rematches...the past couple years have seen how many rematches??? The UFC has gone way overboard with the damn rematches.

I mostly agree. The thing is, Hunt will probably lose to Struve, and you can't deny that a win over Overeem is much bigger than Struve's last four wins. But yeah, he hasn't fought Cain yet, so there's that.
2/12/13 12:04 AM
thedirtyburger

I'd like to see Mir/cormier in that mix Phone Post
2/12/13 12:05 AM
Chris27

It does make sense right now for Cain/Big Foot, he is coming off knocking out the number 1 contender.

He took Big Foot down and cut him open and pounded him out, probably will do that again but the cut def played a part in it.
2/12/13 12:09 AM
CLINTK9
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bigfoot also beat undefeated Travis Browne after the Cain fight! guys get rematches alot easier than that these days!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.