UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rumor: Cain vs Bigfoot and Reem vs JDS @ UFC 160

2/12/13 12:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PJ Benn Fan
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would rather have seen big country get a shot! Phone Post
2/12/13 12:18 AM
Gojira78
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It seems like the UFC is trying too hard. Making Aldo wait till August is BS and now they are trying to give Cain a quicker return to try and make up for it but ended up making a BS match up. They could have waited to see what would happen in the Mir/Cormier and Hunt/Struve fights or some how made away to get Cain to fight Werdum. Terrible call by the UFC if this is the fight they are making. Phone Post
2/12/13 12:23 AM
tonytr
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gojira78 -  It seems like the UFC is trying too hard. Making Aldo wait till August is BS and now they are trying to give Cain a quicker return to try and make up for it but ended up making a BS match up. They could have waited to see what would happen in the Mir/Cormier and Hunt/Struve fights or some how made away to get Cain to fight Werdum. Terrible call by the UFC if this is the fight they are making. Phone Post

The UFC seems to have a habit of putting title fights together impatiently. Example: no reason they couldn't have waited till after Pettis/Cerrone to book Bendo's next fight.
2/12/13 12:24 AM
tonytr

well rounded poster - 
tonytr -
DaemonDragon - 
tonytr - It's really their only choice. Most people don't want to see a Cain/JDS rematch just yet, Cormier won't fight him, Mark Hunt's record makes it difficult to hand him the shot if he beats Struve, and I think they'd be hesitant to give one to Struve (if he beats Hunt) since he got KO'ed in the first round by two guys that are still "in the mix."

Actually I'd much prefer the Hunt-Struve winner getting the shot to Bigfoot. No one is going to forget how badly Bigfoot got ruined the first time.

And the Hunt-Struve winner would be a very legit contender. Whoever won that fight would be on a hell of a tear. You couldn't say they hadn't earned a title shot - Werdum is the only guy I'd rank higher in terms of contendership than the Struve-Hunt winner.

Hunt's overall record may not be good, but outside of McCorkle he's only lost to top guys. And he's clearly a very improved fighter since going to ATT, especially his TDD. He's also very exciting and his name does have some cachet among MMA fans. You can market Hunt pretty easily, he has a good highlight reel.

And Struve has lost to others, but he hasn't lost to Cain yet. I think if Struve beat Hunt you could sell Struve as a legit contender. Most would predict Cain to obliterate him, but that's no different than their expectations for Bigfoot anyway. Struve also has clearly improved a ton since him getting KOed by Browne, I'm been very impressed by Struve's progress.

Also I'm so tired of rematches...the past couple years have seen how many rematches??? The UFC has gone way overboard with the damn rematches.

I mostly agree. The thing is, Hunt will probably lose to Struve, and you can't deny that a win over Overeem is much bigger than Struve's last four wins. But yeah, he hasn't fought Cain yet, so there's that.
Hunt will finish Struve on the feet. It will look like a big lanky boy vs a man Phone Post

We can only hope.
2/12/13 12:33 AM
Aleck911
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pidgey -  bigfoot getting another shot doesnt really make sense after the ass whooping he took from Cain just few months ago. Phone Post

According to the rumor this fight would be in May. Bigfoot/Cain 1 was in May 2012 so it would be a year in between with Bigfoot having 2 wins in between the 2 fights. Cain only beat Bigfoot to get his rematch
2/12/13 12:37 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
575 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 
KC007 -  I thought Werdum was getting the shot if he beat big nog ? Phone Post

That wouldnt be till the fall, they dont fight till June, I dont think the UFC wants Cain to sit out an entire year to wait for Werdum, if he wins.

He fights Big Foot and then you have JDS rematch if he beats Reem or Werdum if he beats Nog.

I've been saying this for a month lol. Werdum will get a title shot with a win but Cain probably doesn't want to wait that long.

2/12/13 12:37 AM
Mexican Janitor

How was Cain not charged after the first fight? I have a hard time believing what he did to Big Foot last May was legal. Phone Post
2/12/13 12:38 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
575 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think if Struve beats Hunt he deserves it.

2/12/13 12:40 AM
AndersonSilvasMoney
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ideally, I'd like to see some new blood get a shot at Cain - Struve, Hunt, Werdum, etc - but Bigfoot demolished the #1 contender and TKO'd Travis Browne. Werdum is tied up with TUF Brazil, JDS needs another big win to get back in the mix, and everyone else is a fight or two away from being legit contenders, so Bigfoot has as good an argument as any at this point.
2/12/13 12:41 AM
atrocityexhibit
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is literally all coming from some random Irish guy with like 50 Twitter followers. It certainly *could* be true, but as it stands the evidence is a little sketchy.
2/12/13 12:42 AM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - Here's what I see happening.

Cain beats Bigfoot again, then fights Werdum in October or November.

Hunt/Struve winner fights JDS/Overeem winner for the #1 Contender

This makes a lot of sense, assuming that Nog doesn't decide to throw a wrench in the UFC's plans.

2/12/13 12:52 AM
MartialArtsMixed
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good stuff Phone Post
2/12/13 12:58 AM
AndersonSilvasMoney
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 
Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - Here's what I see happening.

Cain beats Bigfoot again, then fights Werdum in October or November.

Hunt/Struve winner fights JDS/Overeem winner for the #1 Contender

This makes a lot of sense, assuming that Nog doesn't decide to throw a wrench in the UFC's plans.

If JDS goes in and smashes Reem inside of a round in spectacular fashion, he might be able to leverage it into a rematch against Cain. The UFC loves their rubber matches...
2/12/13 1:01 AM
DaemonDragon
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nucky - Struve will beat Hunt...Think Mccorkle vs Hunt...Struve will catch a triangle in the early rounds and finish it with those long lanky ass legs.

Hunt lost to McCorkle because of terrible fight IQ. Hunt had NO business losing that fight - he shoved off McCorkle's takedown effortlessly, and banged him up pretty good on the feet in only seconds.

His mistake was following McCorkle to his guard. That was literally the only way Sean was going to win that fight - if Hunt followed him to the ground. Because it was clear there's no way he was taking Hunt down, and on the feet he would have been destroyed with the quickness.

Hunt's fight IQ has improved though after training more with ATT. Hunt would murder McCorkle if they fought again.
Mexican Janitor - How was Cain not charged after the first fight? I have a hard time believing what he did to Big Foot last May was legal

Haha yeah, that and Jon Jones vs. Hamill bordered on the illegal :)

BTW, 102 VU's in 571 posts?? What sort of sorcery is this?! I don't even recall seeing you post before. How does one get that many vote ups in 571 posts? Please enlighten me with your wisdom sir!
2/12/13 1:03 AM
DaemonDragon
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

atrocityexhibit - This is literally all coming from some random Irish guy with like 50 Twitter followers. It certainly *could* be true, but as it stands the evidence is a little sketchy.

Yes I hope that he's wrong/lying and that the Hunt-Struve winner gets the shot.
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - This makes a lot of sense, assuming that Nog doesn't decide to throw a wrench in the UFC's plans.

It's amazing that a washed up Nog is only one win away from being the UFC #1 contender! That's absolutely crazy to me.

Man, Nog was damn good in his prime. Even after all the damage sustained and being nowhere near what he used to be, he's still just one upset win away from a title shot. Unreal. Shows how good Nog really is, that he's still able to hang with this new generation.
2/12/13 1:06 AM
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DaemonDragon - 
atrocityexhibit - This is literally all coming from some random Irish guy with like 50 Twitter followers. It certainly *could* be true, but as it stands the evidence is a little sketchy.

Yes I hope that he's wrong/lying and that the Hunt-Struve winner gets the shot.
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - This makes a lot of sense, assuming that Nog doesn't decide to throw a wrench in the UFC's plans.

It's amazing that a washed up Nog is only one win away from being the UFC #1 contender! That's absolutely crazy to me.

Man, Nog was damn good in his prime. Even after all the damage sustained and being nowhere near what he used to be, he's still just one upset win away from a title shot. Unreal. Shows how good Nog really is, that he's still able to hang with this new generation.

Nog won't get a title shot with a win, at least probably not.  I meant more that if he wins, they can't make the Werdum fight.

2/12/13 1:06 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
504 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol @ being asked to pay for that bullshit. Phone Post
2/12/13 1:08 AM

I'd buy it for Reem/JDS, though honestly I don't see that being all that much more competitive than Cain/Bigfoot.

2/12/13 1:12 AM
MrNiceguy66

Bigfoot should get this fight. Even though he was TKO'd by Cain. He came back and got back to back KO wins over two top 10ish fighters in Browne and Overeem. When Cain had one impressive win over Bigfoot before his rematch with JDS. I'm not sure how it will sell, but on a card with JDS and Overeem, a Bigfoot vs Cain fight should do well. Phone Post
2/12/13 1:16 AM

They won't do it, but I almost wanna say the UFC would be better served to make JDS/Reem the headliner.  It might sell more PPVs.

2/12/13 1:22 AM
Seats Taken
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I mean... JDS KO'd Cain... Cain went and beat up BigFoot... Cain then beat JDS in the rematch... BigFoot took that loss against Cain and KO'd Reem... Therefore BigFoot beats Cain this time.

Derp. Phone Post
2/12/13 1:23 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
504 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should've done IMO

JDS/Reem at UFC 156

Cain could've fought Struve in a title eliminator

Roy and Bigfoot to establish the next contender Phone Post
2/12/13 1:26 AM

UG made this front page news? 

Bold move.

2/12/13 1:27 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
831 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain and JDS both win.
2/12/13 1:27 AM
Subvertir

I think JDS is going to BEAT THE FUCK out of Overeem.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.