UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ronda's mom on why she doesn't have a boyfriend

2/12/13 4:01 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

BloodyElbow's Steph Daniels sat down recently with Ronda Rousey's mom, Dr. AnnMaria DeMars, for a wide-ranging interview.

"I worry about her all the time, I think I'll be 95 and she'll be in her 70's and I will still worry about her," said Dr. DeMars, laughing. "One thing that concerns me, is that the more fame and attention you get, the more people come around that are there for the afterglow. She doesn't have a boyfriend right now, and part of the reason for that is because it's really hard to know if people are really liking her for her, or if they just want to be there when the cameras are on. That applies to friends and business associates. I worry about that whole Hollywood type scene where people think, 'You're only my friend as long as you're doing well.'

"When she steps in the cage, I worry about her. It's always way worse than judo, because with judo, I know exactly what's going to happen. With MMA, I don't. I don't even know the rules all that well. That's where anxiety about anything comes from. It's the uncertainty. It's much more nerve racking. I am just very happy that they're over quickly."

If MMA makes mom nervous, Cris 'Cyborg' Santos just brings out scorn.

"She asked to be released from her contract because I think she's realized she can't win without the steroids," said Ronda's moms. "She's not stupid, and knows that Ronda would beat her. Ronda holds a grudge, and I'm pretty sure she would break something on her. She definitely holds a grudge and takes things personally, and I think the referee would end up having to pull her off."

In addition to holding grudges with potentially catastrophic conquesences for Cris Cyborg's arm, 26-year-old Ronda Rousey is a budding philanthropist.

"She does so many charities, I can't even keep track of them. I'll tell you the ones I can remember. The one that takes the most time is Free Rice. Up to this point, she's raised 76 million grains of rice, which feeds something like 22,000 people. Ronda's also doing a clinic after her fight on March 9th, where all the proceeds will go to the Didi Hirsch Mental Health Clinic. She'll also match with a $5000 donation of her own. She's auctioning off fight gear that she's used to donate that money to the clinic and various other charities, too. We gathered up a van full of clothes for MMA For The Homeless. People don't know that about her, and it's not something a PR agent or publicist sets up. It's all her idea."

Read entire article...
Follow Dr. DeMars on Twittter...
Buy Dr. DeMars new book...
Join Ronda's Free Rice group...

2/12/13 4:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JerodR
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anytime you have money, you run into these type of problems. Fame only makes it worse. Hopefully she keeps her friends close that were her friends when she had nothing.
2/12/13 4:25 PM
D241
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why did you start this thread out with "bloody elbows Steph Daniels"?

It's the UG's Crooklyn before anything else. Get it right.

2/12/13 4:28 PM
vaginal tear
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll take the money. Fuck the fame. Phone Post
2/12/13 4:30 PM
Crooklyn
698 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Butter, 'cuz I'm on a roll!
D241 - 

The UG Bloig does that because I am a staff writer there, and so they credit me as such. I will always be UG from beginning to end, and everywhere in between :) 

2/12/13 4:35 PM
Kirik
1665 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
D241 - 

Just trying to build traffic to her efforts, let BE see as much as possible how great an asset she is.

2/12/13 4:37 PM
Enemies
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I pity the guy who has to count all that rice.
2/12/13 4:38 PM
kinson

See even Hondas mom thinks cyborg is scared. Haha. Phone Post
2/12/13 4:45 PM
DOMINANTDAN#1FAN
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was really hoping that Id open this and Hondas mam would be stood there with a picture of HondaChunk.jpg

I am disappoint. Phone Post
2/12/13 4:54 PM
8flat
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Enemies - I pity the guy who has to count all that rice.

LOL....I was chuckling about the same thing.

But, some quick math shows that each person gets ~3,455 grains of rice. There are about 7,200 grains of rice in a cup (uncooked). Good charity though.
2/12/13 5:00 PM
Phil999

The title makes me think we would find out why Ronda's mom doesn't have a boyfriend.
2/12/13 5:08 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda's mom is as annoying as her daughter. How old is Ronda again? I think this is pretty embarrassing.

And that's what I call a delusional mom -- to believe Cyborg would give away a multi-fight deal with the UFC, because she was afraid of her daughter...

I could google a dozen quotes where her daughter says she wants more fights before facing Cyborg.
2/12/13 5:25 PM
Unseen
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik - 
D241 - 

Just trying to build traffic to her efforts, let BE see as much as possible how great an asset she is.

Just woke up from a nap and thought you called Crooklyn an asshat.  I almost voted you down Kirik:)

2/12/13 5:34 PM
Crooklyn
698 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Butter, 'cuz I'm on a roll!
Unseen - 
Kirik - 
D241 - 

Just woke up from a nap and thought you called Crooklyn an asshat.  I almost voted you down Kirik:)

Wouldn't be the first time ;)

2/12/13 5:39 PM
Mdson
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"She's not stupid, and knows that Ronda would beat her. Ronda holds a grudge, and I'm pretty sure she would break something on her. She definitely holds a grudge and takes things personally, and I think the referee would end up having to pull her off."

lol, gotta love a momma who talks some ish (and can back it up too)!
2/12/13 5:54 PM
stonepony

JustAnotherMMAFan - Ronda's mom is as annoying as her daughter. How old is Ronda again? I think this is pretty embarrassing.

And that's what I call a delusional mom -- to believe Cyborg would give away a multi-fight deal with the UFC, because she was afraid of her daughter...

I could google a dozen quotes where her daughter says she wants more fights before facing Cyborg.

Yeah, she's right. Sorry. Cyborg cheats because she's scared to fight without it. She's avoiding the UFC, because she's afraid of RR and afraid of fighting her without 30lbs of muscle advantage.

Any other fighter would sell their soul for the opportunity to make it to the UFC. They wouldn't hide behind 5 lbs of roid weight.
2/12/13 5:55 PM
ranier wolfcastle
936 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/12/13 5:55 PM
ChaosOverkill
518 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not a single UFC fight but were getting the mom's opinion on everything now... jesus

2/12/13 5:58 PM
DanTheWolfman

May I add my interview with her after Ronda's last win?
2/12/13 6:01 PM
stonepony

Edited: 02/12/13 6:01 PM
Gina had Cyborg mounted, pounding her out. Gina got out of a knee bar and an Americana that were both locked in. Gina had better striking and better technique, and Cyborg had a lot of roid power.

Subtract the cheating and Gina beats Cyborg. Tate, Kaufman. etc. Cyborg can't hang with these real fighters, without cheating.
2/12/13 6:02 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

shes done a great job raising her kids

2/12/13 6:06 PM
Vulva Fabulous
755 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was a great read.

Kirik, we REALLY have to add the vote up/down feature to the app. I use the app on my phone and tablet quite a bit and I really want to give people their due. Phone Post
2/12/13 6:54 PM
stonepony

Edited: 02/12/13 6:54 PM
Didn't know Ronda had blown out her knee. Thanks Wolfman.
2/12/13 6:56 PM
yellow c0ckahlc
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanTheWolfman - May I add my interview with her after Ronda's last win?

Why ask if you're just gonna do it anyway?

My guess as to why she doesn't have a bf is because of her mouth. I may be wrong.

2/12/13 7:14 PM
jiujitsufigher7

AS much as I don't like the Ronda hype,her mom is right.

I said something similar about a year ago, when I said Alistair Overeem was the Cris Cyborg of men's MMA and it was unfortunate that there was no Overeem bashing while there was lots of Cyborg bashing. A sad double standard.

Now a year later I was poven rght whe we saw how Overeem performs without steroids. The same applies to Cyorg. Without steroids she won't get past Miesha Tate or Liz Carmouche. Cyborg will lose her first comebaack fight like Overeem did.

Ronda's mom is orrect, without steroids Cris Cyborg is as good as dead if she fights Rousey. It would be a literal murder. At the same time though I do disagree with Ronda's mom in that I don't believe Cyborg is afraid of Rousey, just like Overeem wasn't afraid of Silva. Cyborg is totally unaware that next time she steps in the Octagon without steroids she is in for a big surprise. Any of the top 10 females will rape Cyborg as if they wee wearing a strap on. Cyborg will get the beating of her life by any of the top 10 female 135 lbs fighters. Sadly she doesn't know it, this is what steroids do to you, and once you fight without them you are a nobody. Ask Alistair Overeem the male Cris Cyborg.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.