UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mike DOLCE DIET Q&A Wed 8:00 PM ET

2/12/13 4:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kirik
1634 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

Nutrition luminary Mike Dolce has agreed to come on The Underground on Wed at 8:00 PM ET (5:00 PM PT).

Post questions below, and Dolce will come on and answer your questions as he is able.

As always, please post as if you were speaking face to face, in a respectful manner.

2/12/13 4:58 PM
Tom Lawlor
469 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What do you recommend for post workout?
2/12/13 4:58 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How come Cyborg is so reluctant to cut to 135?  Do you think it's more fair for her and Ronda to fight at a catchweight of 140?

2/12/13 5:00 PM
torquemada
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh boy!

Thoughts in carb intake and timing of simple vs complex carb intake?

Are you a proponent for fasted am cardio for fat loss?

Toughest and easiest client to work with?

OK, I'll contain myself now. Phone Post
2/12/13 5:01 PM
torquemada
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom Lawlor -
What do you recommend for post workout?
Oh, this! Phone Post
2/12/13 5:05 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2405 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/12/13 9:27 PM

Good stuff!!

Thanks for setting this up Sid, Kirik, Dolce! 

War Team All Health (UG) 
War Team Ab (OG) Phone Post

2/12/13 5:07 PM
herwil10
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What macro-nutrient ratio do you recommend during a cut? What ratio for gaining muscle?

What formula do you use for calculating daily caloric needs?

Thoughts on intermittent fasting? (Something like 16 hours fasted, 8 hours feeding)

Thoughts on carb backloading?

Thoughts on keto diets for athletes?

2/12/13 5:09 PM
kungfufedor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Could u get rumble back down to 170? Phone Post
2/12/13 5:16 PM
CindyO

Have you heard of FitnessVT.com? If so, what's your opinion of this system?

Cindy

2/12/13 5:18 PM
Leigh
745 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub for info Phone Post
2/12/13 5:21 PM
savage animal
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks for doing this Mike!

thoughts on Carb Back Loading by Kiefer?

When your website was fairly new, you offered, for a premium of course, custom nutrition planning for the average joe/non-pro athlete. Assuming you are not still offering this, due to time restraints, is there any reasonable substitute you can recommend?

2/12/13 5:28 PM
Vitor Me A New One
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What is Bigfoot Silva's walking around weight? Phone Post
2/12/13 5:31 PM
falsecrack
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How do you manage macronutrient combinations for any athlete who is cutting (well in advance of competition?)  Do you follow any basic split - like 40/30/30?  Or do you customize your nutrition plan?

What supplements do you feel are essential?  Which ones do you use personally?

How do your athletes cut so much weight and then regain it prior to competition without ill effects?  What is in the post-weigh in rehydration?

Are you utilizing large water consumption followed by a tapering off 2-3 days out?  Or is it something different than a water-weight cut?

2/12/13 5:32 PM
falsecrack
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any literature you would recommend nutrition-wise?

And how'd you become the "weight cut guru?"

Thanks!

2/12/13 5:33 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2405 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/12/13 5:42 PM
CindyO -

Cindy

Have seen you ask this question a few times... You got me intrigued, hope Dolce has sum sound insight!

Mike,

Thoughts on best time to do Cardio, before or after Lifting Weights...Have heard different opinions on what's ideal, I drink a Product called Recoup(recovery stuff, amino's n B's) while lifting and then while doing cardio after I lift. But had someone say I should not do cardio after lifting and immediately consume protein (which I do right after lifting n cardio) and rest, but also had someone tell me its fine especially cause im drinking the recoup (not completely starving the freshly pumped guns..lol) what would you recommend for someone who started at 235lb is down to 220 in about 5 weeks of no mayo, no butter, no sugar and gym 6 days a week(chest/tri, back/bi, legs/shoulders) want to get to 205, then bulk back up with muscle... Lifting for about an hour then cardio for the same... mostly ride bike but do 55min and usually burn about 500-550 calories...fluctuate from level 10 to 12 and never let my RPM's get below 100.

Thoughts or Recommendations on cardio, food and supplements?

Thanks for your help... Really appreciate the advice!

this is the Stuff i Drink:

And this is on average what it says im burning when im Cardio'n

War team Darkside
War team All Health
War Team Ab Phone Post

2/12/13 5:34 PM
Redneck
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a great opportunity to talk to such a knowledgable person.

2/12/13 5:40 PM
rnunz
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holding spot to add questions

2/12/13 6:00 PM
Malvert the Janitor
814 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's the deal with cyborg? Thought Dolce was gonna get her down... Phone Post
2/12/13 6:22 PM
Vinnie G
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
2/12/13 6:37 PM
TheAssMurderer
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A few questions for you, Mike -

1- I've noticed my Metabolism slowing down some. Not much, but it is noticeable - I'm mid-30's now. Is there a way to combat this? I once had a light-speed metabolism and miss it, lol.

2 -Do you have a recipie book that you like to use? How about a recipe book of "quick meals", or meals that are quick and easy to prepare/

3- If you could only eat 5 items per day for the rest of your life, what 5 foods would you eat?

4- Do you still offer a t-shirt for leaving a review of your book? If so, how does one go about getting the shirt? Just curious, thanks!

Thanks, Mike

2/12/13 7:01 PM
sitchpack

Why are you such a bro? Phone Post
2/12/13 7:24 PM
phillymmafan
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's the science behind fat loss? Deeper than all that less calories in more calories burnt. Phone Post
2/12/13 7:47 PM
CindyO

UGCTT_El Pescadero - 
CindyO -

Cindy

Have seen you ask this question a few times... You got me intrigued, hope Dolce has sum sound insight!

Mike,

Thoughts on best time to do Cardio, before or after Lifting Weights...Have heard different opinions on what's ideal, I drink a Product called Recoup(recovery stuff, amino's n B's) while lifting and then while doing cardio after I lift. But had someone say I should not do cardio after lifting and immediately consume protein (which I do right after lifting n cardio) and rest, but also had someone tell me its fine especially cause im drinking the recoup (not completely starving the freshly pumped guns..lol) what would you recommend for someone who started at 235lb is down to 220 in about 5 weeks of no mayo, no butter, no sugar and gym 6 days a week(chest/tri, back/bi, legs/shoulders) want to get to 205, then bulk back up with muscle... Lifting for about an hour then cardio for the same... mostly ride bike but do 55min and usually burn about 500-550 calories...fluctuate from level 10 to 12 and never let my RPM's get below 100.

War team Darkside
War team All Health
War Team Ab Phone Post

Someone sent me a video of Greg Jackson pimping it hard, saying his athletes follow the plan but I had never heard of it before (or GJ talking about it). Dolce and Rush are the two gurus I am most familiar with so I'm trying to get the 4-1-1 from Mike:)

Cindy

2/12/13 7:48 PM
Mike Adrian
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thoughts on farm fresh dairy? Phone Post
2/12/13 7:50 PM
NomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_El Pescadero -
CindyO -

Cindy

Mike,

War team Darkside
War team All Health
War Team Ab Phone Post

Great questions...
Good job Pescy! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.