UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mike DOLCE DIET Q&A Wed 8:00 PM ET

2/13/13 8:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
strengthcoach
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

Mike - how would you get Cyborg down to a healthy 140 lbs, able to make a 5 pound water cut at fight time without her feeling like she lost all her power ?

If it were up to me, we would have started the process last Fall when this situation arose.
I believe the current conversation would be much different today, had that happened.

My athletes are know to be amongst the largest, healthiest and best conditioned in their weight-classes. I see no reason why there would be any problems, given enough time to prepare.
2/13/13 8:55 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh god, I should have asked this earlier.

What would you estimate Anderson Silva walks around at?

2/13/13 8:56 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

That has been the general consensus I've seen here. With enough time, it could be done properly as to not destroy her overall physical condition.

2/13/13 8:57 PM
strengthcoach
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RobinHood -  Hey Mike - there has to be a point where it is realistically detrimental to a fighters health/performance to drop x amount of weight to make weight.

How do you assess what the optimal fight weight should be and have you told a client not to fight at x weight? Phone Post

Like I have said previously. I would love to see all combat athletes compete at their "3 Week Weight" and not worry about the weight cut.

I have turned down many athletes looking to cut too much weight.

Also, I require all my athletes to be under doctor's care and along with their team, management and family do they determine what is in the best interest of the athlete.
2/13/13 8:58 PM
strengthcoach

Vril - 

Could your diet help Overeem get back into shape?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/e9adce8f647568bca3f68c9d715e1a17/tumblr_mhlynfTazm1s1tbhio1_500.jpg

BOOM!

He looked good-ish in the first two rounds.
Could have been ring rust as much as preparation problems.
Bigfoot is very tough also,
2/13/13 9:04 PM
DanteHec
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What would you recommend as healthy meals that are easier on the wallet for a athlete? I'm in the university working a job so I tend to plan out my meals so it can be cost efficient Phone Post
2/13/13 9:07 PM
strengthcoach

caseharts -  Who are you currently working for fighter wise? Phone Post

Sonnen, Belfort, Alves, Hendricks, Ludwig and Lentz are my long-time, full-time, career clients.
I also have strong relationships with many athletes on a part-time or ala carte relationship.
2/13/13 9:09 PM
strengthcoach

caseharts -  Who do you want to work with in the sense that you think you could really help them. Phone Post

I want to work with everyone! Wish there was enough time.
For whatever reason, my coaching method and principles are very well received by those who take part.
My goal. My only goal is to help people achieve theirs.
I am not all things to all people but I do believe I have at least one thing to help everyone.
2/13/13 9:10 PM
Jason
353 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Site Admin

Mike,

Since leaving the Marine Corps over two years I have become a bit of a fat ass. Whats the best way to lose some weight with the least amount of effort possible ? :) I haven't really gained any weight in the past year and a half though, I just stay steady. So I am assuming some type of change will make a difference.

like cutting out one food group? not eating past a certain time?

2/13/13 9:11 PM
strengthcoach

Flyers179 - 
strengthcoach - Hey guys!
I'm getting ready to start answering your questions but wanted to ask the best way to do it?
Should I copy and paste your question into my new reply each time with my answer or can I quote a post directly like many of you seem to do. Am I missing that link / button?
Thanks!
-Mike Dolce

Upper right hand side of each post Mike. Thanks for doing this.

I'm currently recovering from a torn labrum. Not exercising like I'm used to and ballooned from a very lean 175-185 to 220. I'm currently on a diet that consists of a lot of fish (flounder, salmon, cod, trout) on a bed of greens. I'm back down to 203 within of month of starting to diet.

Do you believe though I am in any way hindering my body's ability to recover from injuries by eating a calorie restrictive high protein/fat diet?

Sounds like it is working very well.
Be aware of not becoming nutrient deficient and look to begin exercise as soon as your doctor allows.
Always eat clean and keep your life simple.
Make all possible resources available to heal and repair your injury,
2/13/13 9:12 PM
strengthcoach

Sagiv Lapkin - 

Thoughts on intermittent fasting? (20 fasted 4 feeding, specifically).

IF is difficult to follow long term and this leads me to suggest a more sustainable tyeo of life
2/13/13 9:13 PM
MarsMan
411 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great thread...in for more.

2/13/13 9:14 PM
strengthcoach

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

I doubt you'll get to this question, but I'll ask just in case.

I saw you on the JRE, and what was really interesting to me is how you are able to get your athletes to lose so much weight without killing themselves in the sauna.  If my memory serves, you said that your clients are losing weight while they're doing every day activities.

As a total nutrition noob, what is it about the Dolce Diet that allows guys like Chael Sonnen to lose 25 lbs in 24 hours and not kill himself doing it?

The difference seems to be in our dogmatic attention to being healthy as the number one goal!
When an athlete is healthy, they can ask much more from their body and return to a state of natural health more efficiently.
We are healthy. We stay healthy.
Totally boring and not what most want me to say, yet it is the most honest and common sense response I can give.
2/13/13 9:15 PM
strengthcoach

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

where does one find coconut oil, a specialty/health food store ?

Certain at specialty shops but it is pretty common in most major supermarkets.
2/13/13 9:18 PM
strengthcoach

jaytrainwreck -  What would be your ideal breakfast? Phone Post

Exactly what I eat almost every single day and so do most of my athletes.
It is my BREAKFAST BOWL as written in Living Lean.
Oats, chia seeds, strawberries, blueberries, raisins, almond butter, raisins, coconut slices, cinnamon and whatever else is fresh and delicious!
2/13/13 9:18 PM
sitchpack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a fever, and the only prescription.............MORE DOLCE!

2/13/13 9:19 PM
strengthcoach

UGCTT_painbringer - 

your thoughts on cardio right after strength training(weight lifting)?

Can be good for cosmetic purposes but I prefer to split up my sessions.
2/13/13 9:22 PM
Mihow
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesome thread, no questions, need more of this stuff here!
2/13/13 9:23 PM
Petey B
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In. Phone Post
2/13/13 9:25 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Agreed, awesome stuff. Thanx again Mr. Dolce.

2/13/13 9:26 PM
strengthcoach

caseharts - 
strengthcoach -
JamesDean57 - Really appreciate you doing this.
What do you recommend for a sweet tooth.

My pleasure. I suggest frozen red grapes for a sweet tooth. These are absolutely amazing. Also YouTube my video called blueberry madness. That recipe is awesome if you have a sweet tooth.
That never does it for me. I like chocolate :( Phone Post

Look into Justin's Hazelnut Butter. Goes great with fresh strawberries. easy way to break the cycle.
2/13/13 9:28 PM
strengthcoach

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

I weigh 250 and have never been able to get anywhere near 250 grams of protein in me per day :-(

Nor should you!
What is your estimated bodyfat level and goal weight? how old are you and do you have any medical issues? What is your current training program and external life influences?
Focus on quality of nutrient not mere quantity.
2/13/13 9:29 PM
strengthcoach

soremano - 
strengthcoach - Getting shape is 100% diet. Without diet you cannot train. Now one should not be without the other but if you only train hard you will go nowhere

hi there

Love seeing IAN LOVELAND and TOM SMARIO in the background! The foreground, not so much...
2/13/13 9:31 PM
strengthcoach

sitchpack - 

What foods in a weightloss diet are simply a must? what 'magic' foods you would reccommend to your athletes to help shed some poundage?.

DOLCE DIET 101

1) EAT EARTH GROWN NUTRIENT
2) EVERY 2 TO 4 HOURSE
3) BASED ON WHAT YOU JUST DID, OR ARE ABOUT TO DO
4) EAT UNTIL SATISFIED, NOT UNTIL FULL
5) BE ACCOUNTABLE

If you simply follow these principles, the whole world opens up.
2/13/13 9:32 PM
strengthcoach

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

I wanted to say, for everyone, that we appreciate your time and energy and advice. Thanks a million for the knowledge and inspiration.

My pleasure!!!!
Official UG member since 2004 and lurker for some time before that.
I am on the UG everyday and often check it on my iPad befor I get out of bed to see what I missed overnight.
Many great friends here and I'm happy to share whatever bits I can.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.