UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Olympic wrestling axed for GOLF!!!

2/12/13 11:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
scarfacedave
357 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus Christ!!! This is it the world has officially gone crazy.

So much for the argument that wrestling was axed for being boring. Golf is a great game to play, but slightly more interesting than watching grass grow to watch...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/olympics--ioc-s-poor-decision-to-add-golf-costs-wrestling-its-spot-in-olympics-201325406.html
2/12/13 11:56 PM
MahatmaPetey
362 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What the fuck... Phone Post
2/12/13 11:56 PM
Clarence Parents
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why can't these Olympic neckbeards just fucking get rid of speed walking instead?
2/12/13 11:59 PM
Vincanni
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://t.co/tr2JJ4xe

Sign this if you diagree, still needs 80+ thousand signatures.
2/13/13 1:03 AM
scarfacedave
357 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

signed
2/13/13 1:19 AM
theshooter
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If this is true, I'm astounded that they would replace wrestling with golf. This is fucked up. If they want to add golf, fine, but don't do it at the expense of wrestling.
2/13/13 3:15 AM
PrettyBoy
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To be fair Golf is a much bigger television draw than wrestling.

But wrestling is one of the original Olympic sports. It's what I think of when I think Olympics. How can people go to the Olympics for trampoline acrobatics but not wrestling ? Phone Post
2/13/13 3:24 AM
yellow c0ckahlc
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tiger Woods, I hope your wife finds a reason to hold a club against you again.

I'm hoping she was a wrestling fan. If so, say goodbye to Olympic dreams.

2/13/13 3:29 AM
canuck34
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrettyBoy - To be fair Golf is a much bigger television draw than wrestling.

But wrestling is one of the original Olympic sports. It's what I think of when I think Olympics. How can people go to the Olympics for trampoline acrobatics but not wrestling ? Phone Post
Fair enough about the ratings thing, but does the modern pentathlon draw more viewers than Wrestling? Does rhythmic gymnastics? How about dressage (that is basically horse dancing btw)?

Also, is this going to be another stupid sport where they let the pros play so rory can win a gold medal? Soo stupid. Phone Post
2/13/13 3:37 AM
PrettyBoy
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

canuck34 -

Fair enough about the ratings thing, but does the modern pentathlon draw more viewers than Wrestling? Does rhythmic gymnastics? How about dressage (that is basically horse dancing btw)?

Also, is this going to be another stupid sport where they let the pros play so rory can win a gold medal? Soo stupid. Phone Post
Agreed.

And I'd bet they let the pros play. Phone Post
2/13/13 3:43 AM
12SixElbow
616 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

theshooter - If this is true, I'm astounded that they would replace wrestling with golf. This is fucked up. If they want to add golf, fine, but don't do it at the expense of wrestling.

Golf gets WAYYY more views

Everyone is complaining, but no one watches wrestling

2/13/13 3:48 AM
jj93
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No other country's apart from America watch wrestling do they ? Phone Post
2/13/13 3:57 AM
canuck34
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow -
theshooter - If this is true, I'm astounded that they would replace wrestling with golf. This is fucked up. If they want to add golf, fine, but don't do it at the expense of wrestling.

Again, do people watch sailing? Dressage? Trampoline? Archery? When is the last time you said "sweet! Steeple chase is on! I expect millions to tune in!"

If it was just about ratings they would be axing something other than wrestling for sure. Phone Post
2/13/13 4:14 AM
Dvh10
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm happy to see golf in the Olympics because i love golf but said to see wrestling go in its place!!even though im from Ireland and there's not much wrestling over here I realise that it's huge in America and a lot of european countries,it is also probably the first sport that was in the Olympics,they should rid of dressage,dancing with a horse is not a sport and either is synchronised swimming or fast walking Phone Post
2/13/13 4:16 AM
Dvh10
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^Sad to see wrestling go^autocorrect Phone Post
2/13/13 4:18 AM
pickula
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wrestling hardly gets any views outside the USA and Russia, whereas golf gets big viewing figures in many countries - sad but true, that's the reality which drives the choices that the IOC make.
2/13/13 4:22 AM
Phisher
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The IOC made the decision to add golf to the Olympic program years ago. Wrestling lost out to modern penthalon and field hockey in the vote to decide which sport would be eliminated.

2/13/13 4:25 AM
pharochuck
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
canuck34 - 
12SixElbow -

Again, do people watch sailing? Dressage? Trampoline? Archery? When is the last time you said "sweet! Steeple chase is on! I expect millions to tune in!"

If it was just about ratings they would be axing something other than wrestling for sure. Phone Post

i agree
2/13/13 6:53 AM
Couldabeen
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm probably wrong, but I'm pretty sure I read wrestling is being dropped from a lot of college and high school programs in the US?? It's a shame if true, and for what it's worth, I would rather wrestling in the Olympics than golf or tennis or yacht racing etc etc, but it is a ratings exercise.

If wrestling is losing steam in one of the handful of countries that have/had a strong junior program for it, it won't draw worldwide ratings... Phone Post
2/13/13 6:55 AM
Couldabeen
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should add to the above... Fuck the IOC. The Olympics should never be about making money or ratings, or have professional athletes in it... Of course this isn't practical, but dammit I'm right Phone Post
2/13/13 8:02 AM
Animal Chin
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

canuck34 - 

True.

Golf is the new kid on the block so it's going to get blamed. We shouldn't stop there. Golf is also to blame for women's softball getting canned.
2/13/13 8:09 AM
Captfireeyes
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm waiting at the airport to go on a golf vacation right now and even I think wrestling has more of a place in the Olympics than golf. Phone Post
2/13/13 8:09 AM
Letibleu
1662 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/13/13 8:09 AM

Ronda said it best yesterday. Golf is a skill, not a sport. Billards is a skill, not a sport. Poker is a skill, not a sport. Golf is a skill.

2/13/13 8:25 AM
Cojendo
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Signed! #14,917 Phone Post
2/13/13 9:00 AM
JJitsu
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Time to start deciphering between actual sports and skills like bowling, Nascar, darts and golf. It was cool up until now but not anymore. Taking out the second oldest Olympic sport next to running to keep golf and feild hockey has to be the most retarded and scumbaggy things I've ever heard. I want to see a bunch of wrestlers protesting Tiger at the next major. That would be a good visual. With big signs saying they'll kick you'r caddy's ass or something. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.