UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Condit Speaks on Hendricks-Replacement for Rory

2/19/13 2:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tilla
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JShad - 
Tilla - I really hope Hendricks KO's Carlos, because then when GSP beats Diaz, GSP will HAVE to fight Hendricks.

GSP is THE BEST at beating grapplers who have no power, but a world class wrestler with legit one shot and you're out KO power? He hasn't faced one of those yet ;-)

If Johnny wins this fight and trains his wrestling to the best that he can, GSP is getting beat.

Who are these grapplers with no KO power? Shields and Fitch? I know you aren't talking about his current win streak of Condit (13 KOs) , Kos (who has 5 KOs and is known for a powerful right hand), Dan Hardy (12 KOs), Alves (11 KOs), BJ (7 KOs)... etc...

So I don't see the point you're trying to make with the grapplers with no power.

Hughes
Fitch
Shields
Diaz

All of them are primarily grapplers with ZERO KO power. Hendricks is primarily a wrestler and is the hardest hitting fighter at WW. Understand?
2/19/13 2:44 PM
Jetster
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tilla - 
JShad - 
Tilla - I really hope Hendricks KO's Carlos, because then when GSP beats Diaz, GSP will HAVE to fight Hendricks.

GSP is THE BEST at beating grapplers who have no power, but a world class wrestler with legit one shot and you're out KO power? He hasn't faced one of those yet ;-)

If Johnny wins this fight and trains his wrestling to the best that he can, GSP is getting beat.

Who are these grapplers with no KO power? Shields and Fitch? I know you aren't talking about his current win streak of Condit (13 KOs) , Kos (who has 5 KOs and is known for a powerful right hand), Dan Hardy (12 KOs), Alves (11 KOs), BJ (7 KOs)... etc...

So I don't see the point you're trying to make with the grapplers with no power.

Hughes
Fitch
Shields
Diaz

All of them are primarily grapplers with ZERO KO power. Hendricks is primarily a wrestler and is the hardest hitting fighter at WW. Understand?

Lo so u still made no point GSP has been around for a long time and of course he wont be fighting perfect fighters all the time but he has faced every type of opponent and beat their ass so simply putting it your comment on Grapplers with no power??? is laughable.
2/19/13 2:45 PM
ortman166

Masakyst -
Makes me nervous. "Dog fight"

No reason to be nervous, friend. Condit set a UFC record in that dog fight for the most significant strikes ever landed in a fight. Gotta give Diaz credit for having that iron chin.
Lol Phone Post
2/19/13 2:53 PM
PJ Benn Fan
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Actually you make some valid points.

I also wont mind bumping this thread when GSP wrestlfucks the shit out of Hendrinks and picks him apart on the feet while sending him to 155.

Everyone always lists ways to beat GSP and whatnot.

But this is ALWAYS what ends up happening:

Top ranked contender calls out GSP

GSP accepts and fight is signed

Via interviews, primetimes, etc contender says GSP has never dealt with someone like them

Through same outlets GSP lies and says this guy is my toughest opponant to date

Fight night comes and GSP dominates contender

Fans consider it a good showing when contender wins 1 out of 5 rounds

Contender sits at post fight press conference and states GSP was faster, stronger, more explosive than he anticipated.

Dana says GSP is more popular than Wayne Gretzky in Canada.

Rinse and repeat 9-12 months later.

Hendricks is no different

2/19/13 2:59 PM
tetris
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

unfilter -

condit, man.

say what you will but the dude is game as fuck.

Totally agree! I don't think anyone else in the division would have manned up tk that offer. Phone Post
2/19/13 3:46 PM
Rabid Bunyip
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

unfilter -

condit, man.

say what you will but the dude is game as fuck.

And fuck's got game Phone Post
2/19/13 3:52 PM
Im gonna Barboza you
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa -
DanielCaton - 

I love Condit, he brings it every fight.  He's game as shit, will fight anyone.  I don't remember anyone barking up Diaz when he came over, Condit took the fight.  I'll never forget him getting his ass kicked by Rory and coming out in the Third to finish the fight. 

The guy is a fucking animal.

I agree with all of this besides the getting his ass kicked by Rory part. Those first two rounds were actually pretty close despite MacDonalds takedowns.

Cannot wait for this fight.

Agreed Phone Post
2/19/13 4:09 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eagleswhat1 - 
ortman166 -  To be completely honest this "We are similar in that we like to stay active and aggressive in our fights, so this should be a great fight for the fans to watch.”
Makes me nervous. "Dog fight" Phone Post

I pointed out the "condit point fighting system" idea in my thread and got an earfull...he could just look to win a dec with his movement like he did with Diaz

If Hendricks can't stop Condit from playing that game against him, than he shouldn't even be considering calling out GSP.

2/19/13 4:11 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Three syllables ruin your argument. Josh Koscheck. Or Fraggle Rock. You choose.

2/19/13 4:12 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ortman166 -  To be completely honest this "We are similar in that we like to stay active and aggressive in our fights, so this should be a great fight for the fans to watch.”
Makes me nervous. "Dog fight" Phone Post

Dog fight? Or cat and mouse?
2/19/13 4:17 PM
Bucephalus

3 rounds... Condit wins the decision
2/19/13 4:19 PM
MMAfan1million

PJ Benn Fan -

Actually you make some valid points.

I also wont mind bumping this thread when GSP wrestlfucks the shit out of Hendrinks and picks him apart on the feet while sending him to 155.

Everyone always lists ways to beat GSP and whatnot.

But this is ALWAYS what ends up happening:

Top ranked contender calls out GSP

GSP accepts and fight is signed

Via interviews, primetimes, etc contender says GSP has never dealt with someone like them

Through same outlets GSP lies and says this guy is my toughest opponant to date

Fight night comes and GSP dominates contender

Fans consider it a good showing when contender wins 1 out of 5 rounds

Contender sits at post fight press conference and states GSP was faster, stronger, more explosive than he anticipated.

Dana says GSP is more popular than Wayne Gretzky in Canada.

Rinse and repeat 9-12 months later.

Hendricks is no different

VTFU! :D Phone Post
2/19/13 5:45 PM
Nexuscrawlers
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is q good test to see if hendricks is really ready for GSP Phone Post
2/19/13 6:04 PM
Gokudamus stole my name
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks is a left handed Koscheck.
2/19/13 6:32 PM
Stea1th

Locks up the interm belt because he doesn't want to fight as killed me as a fan. 

Hope hendrex knocks him out 

2/19/13 6:34 PM
Entreri

That sucks :(

I was so looking forward to Rory vs. Condit.

2/19/13 6:48 PM
Masakyst
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/19/13 6:50 PM
Stea1th - Locks up the interm belt because he doesn't want to fight as killed me as a fan. 

Hope hendrex knocks him out 
Agreed! As long as you don't count when he accepted the Diaz rematch, or the time a few months after that when he called out Kampmann for a rematch. Yeah, except for those two guys he wanted to fight, he totally did not want to fight anybody. It's just too bad that the UFC is powerless to assign him an opponent in these situations.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.