UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Will Machida last longer or shorter second time?

2/25/13 10:25 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Aaron Becker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When/if Jones and Machida fight again, will Machida last as long or longer as he did in their first fight or will Jones know what to do this time and take care of business sooner?
2/25/13 10:29 AM
Billyz
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my guess is roughly the same?
Machida has skills undoubtedly but kicks seem to be a solid weapon on him. Hendo was landing them for christs sake and besides that kick to punch combo he likes he isn't known for kicking at all.

My guess is Jones will utilize this to his advantage and catch lyoto again.

Sucks I was all amped when he won against Rashad "Machida era" nuthugging and all but think Jones is too much for him
2/25/13 10:31 AM
Aaron Becker

I don't think it will last as long the second time around. I feel like Jones won't strike as much the second time and get him to the ground sooner and rain down the GnP. He could also use that kicking to keep things his way on the feet too
2/25/13 10:50 AM
XcessiveZ

Jon won't waste his time on the feet in the 2nd fight,he'll close the distance, put Machida on his back and finish him with elbows or a sub. Phone Post
2/25/13 10:51 AM
sarcotraps

I think it will last longer because machida will stay away more.
2/25/13 10:56 AM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

longer...machida changed his style right around when he won the belt to a much more aggressive style...remember, a lot of people hated him and called him boring and the ufc prolonged giving him a title shot...but he was untouchable...he seems to have gone back to that style...\

and remember, he was doing well against jones until he got clipped...an inch here or an inch there and the outcome could have changed

2/25/13 11:11 AM
jj93

Longer out of everyone I think he has the best chance at beating Jones Phone Post
2/25/13 11:16 AM
epwar
638 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A bit longer.  And this time he'll land TWO good punches, so Machida fans will say, "Damn, son, he was fucking Jones up big time before he got stopped."

2/25/13 11:17 AM
elysian

Fitch gets cut, Machida gets title shot.

You go figure.

lmfao.
2/25/13 11:18 AM
Bootsy Collins
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Regardless, I think that fight showed (me at least) how litte Hendo would have had for Jones
2/25/13 11:18 AM
UGCTT_MMArijuana666
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I last longer my 2nd time around....if she lets me have a 2nd time :/ Phone Post
2/25/13 11:28 AM
cheesesteak
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Machida is going to be very defensive but at the same time not be able to land much on Jones and Jones will not land much on machida. I don't think it will be a particularly entertaining fights.

It's funny how people are just assuming that this is a done deal btw. Not that I think Chael will win, but damn that would throw a wrench in the mix if he did.
2/25/13 11:31 AM
disbeliever
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
elysian - Fitch gets cut, Machida gets title shot.

You go figure.

lmfao.

Horrible comparison imo
2/25/13 11:35 AM
Aaron Becker

Given Machida could be better on the feet, wouldn't you thnk that Jackson would have a better gameplan to avoid the striking and go straight for the TD? In which case I don't see the fight lasting as long as it did the first time
2/25/13 11:39 AM
Lasko
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

elysian - Fitch gets cut, Machida gets title shot.

You go figure.

lmfao.
You mean former champion Machida? The same Machida with tons of highlight reel knockouts? You must mean a different Machida. Phone Post
2/25/13 11:42 AM
xlDutchielx

He's not getting the shot. Mousasi or Gustafson will Phone Post
2/25/13 11:44 AM
Slevin Kalevra

longer, he seems to have developed the much sought after skill of running away
2/25/13 11:47 AM
Aaron Becker

Slevin Kalevra - longer, he seems to have developed the much sought after skill of running away

I thought I saw that skill displayed this last weekend
2/25/13 11:53 AM
Seats Taken
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Slevin Kalevra - longer, he seems to have developed the much sought after skill of running away
Greg Jackson must be behind this!!!! Phone Post
2/25/13 12:22 PM
frederic
651 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whomever wins, I just hope it isn't by decision after 5 rounds of "elusiveness."
2/25/13 12:24 PM
hubris
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aaron Becker - Given Machida could be better on the feet, wouldn't you thnk that Jackson would have a better gameplan to avoid the striking and go straight for the TD? In which case I don't see the fight lasting as long as it did the first time

Jackson or Jones?

Jon Jones's wrestling will be key to this fight. Lyoto can win rounds the way he fought against Hendo as long as he stays on his feet.

The problem is that Jones is such a huge and athletic wrestler most fighters can't stop the takedown, including Lyoto.
2/25/13 12:27 PM
Silverball
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Could end sooner, just based on the assumption that Jones will be better than he was in their previous fight. Machida is basically the same fighter, elusive to guys like Hendo and Rampage, but not so much for Jones.
2/25/13 12:34 PM
Lasko
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think a lot of people in this thread never saw the first jones vs machida or never saw machida fight before saturday night. Avoiding strikes is not running away.

Jones literally turned his back to rampage and ran away to get to the center of the octagon. Condit did the same thing against Diaz. That is running away. Backing up to where your opponents punches miss you by an inch is excellent movement and timing.
2/25/13 12:38 PM
woodstainedglass
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The pace & length of the fight will depend on Jones, not Machida. 

2/25/13 12:39 PM
Slevin Kalevra

avoiding strikes is not what he did Saturday, he refused to engage hendo. I have zero interest in seeing machida fight jones again.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.