UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Kevin Iole: UFC 157 over 400K PPV buys

2/25/13 3:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HighFreq
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kevin Iole ?@KevinI

Pretty confident that @UFC 157 is going to exceed 400k PPV buys, by my indicators. Could go well past.
2/25/13 3:07 PM
Willin
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Skimpy bras sell apparently. Phone Post
2/25/13 3:08 PM
disbeliever
534 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Awesome news!
2/25/13 3:11 PM
Leck Brosnar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder how all the haters are gonna spin this
2/25/13 3:15 PM
Sofa King Cool
396 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's a home run if true. Phone Post
2/25/13 3:15 PM
beanouno
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow amazing numbers! Phone Post
2/25/13 3:21 PM
BRZ

Awesome if true

2/25/13 3:50 PM
slamming

Haters just got owned. Guessing they will steer clear of this thread or claim fake numbers. Phone Post
2/25/13 3:55 PM
Knippz

I dunno why anyone wouldn't accept WMMA in the UFC or them headlining a card when they're the only championship fight. I enjoyed the main event as much as I would have any other. The fact that they were women became irrelevant to me once the fight started, as they truly brought it and put on a great fight.
2/25/13 3:58 PM
CagePotato
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leck Brosnar - I wonder how all the haters are gonna spin this

Ha, +1.

400k is more than twice what Edgar vs. Henderson 2 did. Awesome showing for Ronda, if true. Now let's see if they can sustain interest in her beyond novelty value...
2/25/13 3:59 PM
Chris27

Frank Gallagher - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
Leck Brosnar - I wonder how all the haters are gonna spin this

LOL at you thinking it was because of WMMA.  The UFC sells because it's the UFC.  If they put that much promotion into Leonard Garcia vs Clay Guida as a main event, it would sell. 

Good exposure for WMMA and Ronda though.

Bad spin Phone Post

Exactly.

Fucking people like that make me sick, you were fucking wrong, be a man and admit it, sack up.
2/25/13 4:04 PM
Willin
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anyone know for sure if Ronda gets a PPV cut? Phone Post
2/25/13 4:09 PM
damnyouwoman14
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willin - Does anyone know for sure if Ronda gets a PPV cut? Phone Post
Would not be surprised if she does. Phone Post
2/25/13 4:12 PM
MMOZ

RampageFitsLikeAGlove -

And I'm not hating on WMMA.  I was one of the $400K that bought the event.  But do you disagree that it was a heavily promoted event and do you disagree that many buy the UFC because it's the UFC?  Do you think Ronda would have the same following if she headlined a WSOF event?

The promotion was all about Ronda and Liz guy. You didn't troll anyone. Phone Post
2/25/13 4:14 PM
JimmersonzGlove
575 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meltzer said the same thing. Pretty sure Iole's indicator is simply echoing Meltzer.

Great news if true.
2/25/13 4:19 PM
dangerboy12
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll spin it.

Women's MMA didn't do 400k buys, Rhonda Rousey did 400k buys.

The criticism of WMMA isn't about the appeal of a single fight or fighter, it's about it's depth and long term appeal.

Women's boxing had mainstream appeal with Laila Ali. She was the beginning, and end of women's boxing with the mainstream. I'm not saying Rousey is the same with MMA, I'm just saying there is a very good chance she is.

I have no problem with the UFC cashing in on her, but they would be foolish to put any eggs in the WMMA basket past Rhonda Rousey.
2/25/13 4:21 PM
Pat Giles
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dangerboy12 - I'll spin it.

The criticism of WMMA isn't about the appeal of a single fight or fighter, it's about it's depth and long term appeal.

Women's boxing had mainstream appeal with Laila Ali. She was the beginning, and end of women's boxing with the mainstream. I'm not saying Rousey is the same with MMA, I'm just saying there is a very good chance she is.

I have no problem with the UFC cashing in on her, but they would be foolish to put any eggs in the WMMA basket past Rhonda Rousey.
Gina drew quite a crowd on CBS/show time. Where does she fit in? Phone Post
2/25/13 4:21 PM
Chris27

damnyouwoman14 - 
Willin - Does anyone know for sure if Ronda gets a PPV cut? Phone Post
Would not be surprised if she does. Phone Post

She does.

2/25/13 4:22 PM
Barbasol
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just from watching normal TV I didn't think it was promoted more than any other event. I had to remind my wife that my Saturday was planned out. She usually knows event dates better than me. Phone Post
2/25/13 4:26 PM
ShoreBreaker420
1023 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What has the last 10 ppv's done ? Jud curious Phone Post
2/25/13 4:27 PM
thembones
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 

And I'm not hating on WMMA.  I was one of the $400K that bought the event.  But do you disagree that it was a heavily promoted event and do you disagree that many buy the UFC because it's the UFC?  Do you think Ronda would have the same following if she headlined a WSOF event?

How much did Hendo draw when he fought in Strikeforce?
2/25/13 4:28 PM
dangerboy12
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pat Giles - 
dangerboy12 - I'll spin it.

Gina drew quite a crowd on CBS/show time. Where does she fit in? Phone Post

Same category. What happened to WMMA when she lost? No one cared about Cyborg.
2/25/13 4:29 PM
Phisher

Willin -  Does anyone know for sure if Ronda gets a PPV cut? Phone Post

Dana insinuated that she did during the post-fight presser.

2/25/13 4:32 PM
Ghost of Retard
771 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If she gets a ppv cut she just earned her first million$ paycheck.

Even if he just gave her 2$ a buy, that's 800k,  and you know she got more than that.

2/25/13 4:32 PM
Phisher

dangerboy12 - I'll spin it.

How many male MMA fighters are draws? Maybe half a dozen out of tens of thousands of active fighters around the world. One legit draw is great for the development of WMMA.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.