UnderGround Forums

Canada UnderGround >> Team Impact Wrestling?

2/27/13 8:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
1armedScissor
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm wondering if anyone here works with or trains with these guys and could possibly answer some questions. I'm wondering if it's open to anyone who want's to join regardless of past wrestling experience.

I'd like to go but I have 0 wrestling experience. I've been doing BJJ recreationally for about 6-7 years. I notice team impact has training sessions on Tuesday and Thursday evenings (and is close to where I live) but they are marked as "advanced". I'm certainly not an advanced wrestler.

Would I be welcome to train there?
2/27/13 11:25 AM
moemar
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why not ask them? Big Rig Phone Post
3/1/13 2:37 PM
1armedScissor
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Or you and I could just take it to the mats.
3/1/13 5:31 PM
Dougie
901 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To the mats!

3/1/13 5:47 PM
moemar
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THATS IT!!! we are definately taking this to the mats. Big Rig Phone Post
3/5/13 7:58 PM
Canario
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Team Impact has wrestlers who are 5 years old right up to 40. Head coach is Stan Tzogas, tons of assistants. If you contact them through their web page, they can answer any questions as to what practices would be best for you since they have such a vast array of talent and experience levels.

Their 96 kg Olympian, Khetag Pliev, was just part of Rogerio Nogueria's camp, so I'm sure they are friendly towards the grappling community.

http://www.teamimpact.ca

3/7/13 9:33 AM
Phil999
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have some experience with the club through my son and they are a great group.
3/10/13 9:01 PM
mattloveslamp
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think you have to attend a Gut Check tryout in order to join Team Impact Wrestling. Basically you go through your forms in front of D'Lo Brown and Al Snow. Then if you're good enough you get to have tryout fight on Spike TV. During that you're judged by Al Snow, Bruce Prichard and Danny Davis. If you get at least two votes for yes, then you've made the team and are part of Impact Wrestling! Phone Post
3/10/13 9:14 PM
RoyMunson
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I prefer ROH wrestling myself

3/12/13 8:39 PM
Juggernautt
204 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Since Hogan and bischoff, the impact zone hasnt been the same Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.