UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Njokuani: I'll turn his steel chin to a glass jaw.

2/28/13 9:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bevois
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chidi Njokuani vs. Jeremy Kimball

Chidi Njokuani just talked about his upcoming fight at RFA 7 against local middleweight champion Jeremy Kimball. Kimball is loved and revered by his local fanbase in Colorado for being tough-as-nails and having one of the best chins in the sport. Njokuani is excited about testing his chin in their 177-pound catchweight bout, which will co-headline RFA 7.

"I like to do my talking in the cage, but on March 22nd, I'm gonna turn Kimball's steel chin into a glass jaw." - Chidi Njokuani.

He is responding to equally confident comments made by Kimball, who is riding the momentum of back-to-back wins over UFC vets Drew McFedries and Tommy Speer.

"McFedries has that one hit knockout power, but Njokuani has more tools and a funky style. I will drag him into a fist fight. I can't wait to knock this guy out on television for everyone to see and I'm coming for that RFA title." - Jeremy Kimball

Read the full article here:

RFAfighting.com | Chidi Njokuani vs. Jeremy Kimball: Co-Main Event at RFA 7

"Like" RFA on Facebook

"Follow" RFA on Twitter

2/28/13 9:51 PM
Drunkenirishfc
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah....I'd say chidi's got this Phone Post
2/28/13 9:55 PM
Forest Whitakers Lazy Eye
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chidi and Anthony were on a recent MMAJunkie podcast. I'll be pulling for both of them in their upcoming fights. Phone Post
2/28/13 9:57 PM
Bevois
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forest Whitakers Lazy Eye -  Chidi and Anthony were on a recent MMAJunkie podcast. I'll be pulling for both of them in their upcoming fights. Phone Post

Yeah, they were on MMA Junkie Radio yesterday morning.

Here's the link: http://www.mmajunkie.com/radio/mmajunkie-com-radio-1441.

2/28/13 10:41 PM
Bevois

2/28/13 10:50 PM
91W209
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - Njokuani looks like a 90's R&B singer
^ Montell Jordan IMO Phone Post
2/28/13 11:10 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He looks like boxer Rico Ramos.
2/28/13 11:14 PM
Phisher
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who's he's fighting? An extra from Game of Thrones?

2/28/13 11:15 PM
UGCTT_chuckles1
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chidi!!! Phone Post
2/28/13 11:25 PM
minotauro11
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chidi is an awesome prospect. Already one of the most exciting stand up fighters in the sport in my opinion. Phone Post
3/1/13 1:30 PM
Bevois

3/1/13 1:42 PM
ChaosOverkill
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Excited to see Brandon Thatch too continue is great run of obliterating his opponents since his one decision loss.

Great Striker too

3/1/13 3:45 PM
ausgepicht

McFedries has stupid amounts of power. If that dude can handle McFedries sting, he'll need toput together a serious combo....and even if he did that, it doesn't equate to him having a glass jaw. Njokuani logic fail.

3/1/13 4:57 PM
Bevois

ausgepicht - 

McFedries has stupid amounts of power. If that dude can handle McFedries sting, he'll need toput together a serious combo....and even if he did that, it doesn't equate to him having a glass jaw. Njokuani logic fail.

Njokuani thinks he will find the off-switch, because he's more technical than anyone Kimball has faced.

Anderson and Lyoto never throw huge bombs like McFedries either. They hit you where it counts and it's pretty effective.

3/1/13 5:12 PM
ausgepicht

Bevois - 
ausgepicht - 

Njokuani thinks he will find the off-switch, because he's more technical than anyone Kimball has faced.

Anderson and Lyoto never throw huge bombs like McFedries either. They hit you where it counts and it's pretty effective.

Not sure how that equates to turning his chin into a glass jaw. I never used the term "huge bombs." I think you confused me with someone else. Anderson has underrated power and I disagree about Lyoto, who has one punch KO power. 

Regardless, if it takes Njokuani 3-4 punches/kicks or more to put Kimball away, his statement about a glass jaw would be incorrect. If Njokuani one punch KOs Kimball he can make his case.

3/6/13 6:11 PM
Bevois

Edited: 03/06/13 6:12 PM

3/10/13 7:30 PM
Bevois

TTT for Njokuani vs. Kimball at RFA 7!

3/10/13 7:46 PM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/11/13 1:06 AM
I have sparred with McFedries for years at MFS and Chidi numerous times over the past few years at One Kick Nicks. Two totally opposite of striking.
3/15/13 1:11 AM
Bevois

Chidi "Chidi Bang Bang" Njokuani: Highlights

3/18/13 7:25 PM
Bevois

Chidi Njokuani talks about his RFA fight vs. Kimball, the struggle, humble backgrounds, and future in the UFC.

3/18/13 8:57 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

I think they should have had Chidi step up and rematch Thatch on this card, when his original opponent fell through. Phone Post
3/19/13 1:11 AM
Bevois

Edited: 03/19/13 1:15 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -  I think they should have had Chidi step up and rematch Thatch on this card, when his original opponent fell through. Phone Post

Thatch's last fight in Colorado was against Njokuani and he won decisively. There is no interest locally or from Thatch's camp at this point in seeing a rematch in Thatch's very next hometown fight.

You also don't have a guy like Njokuani, who is riding a 4-fight win streak, try to avenge his last loss on a week's notice in Thatch's hometown. It's unfair to both fighters. A rematch between two highly-rated prospects, who are only a win or two away from the UFC, requires a full training camp [for each other] and several weeks of promotion.

The rematch would make more sense on a return trip to Colorado or Vegas, if both Thatch and Njokuani win decisively on Friday night, and neither gets picked up by the UFC.

3/19/13 5:43 AM
MurdochIRL
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

there's a reason why Belfort brought Chidi in to help him get ready for Anderson. Chidi hits hard, has great range and can hurt you from crazy angles. I'm not saying Chidi is Anderson but people do need to respect his stand up. Phone Post
3/20/13 4:26 PM
Bevois

Chidi Njokuani, Jen Wenk, and Anthony Njokuani just landed in Denver!

3/22/13 1:19 PM
Bevois

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.