UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Can GSP pass Nick Diaz's guard?

3/9/13 4:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
859 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes Phone Post
3/9/13 4:20 PM
Smokemonster
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It will b all too easy Phone Post
3/9/13 4:28 PM
UGSlapshot
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reggie Warren Jr -

He could pass him a joint, but he aint passin Nicks guard. 

He'll be able to pass and Diaz will be able to put him back.

I honestly don't think GSP will want to make a lot of transitions and open himself up to counter grappling and scrambles. Phone Post
3/9/13 4:38 PM
I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo

Hey, can someone tell me what my approval rating is? I'm not sure if my app is working right. I want to know before I voice my opinion on this fight... Phone Post
3/9/13 4:41 PM
Moke
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sometimes I get the feeling that some fanbois get insulted that GSP even has to fight. It's an absolute that he's going to win and it's an insult that he has to fight mere mortals. Suggesting that a certain fighter might have a chance against him or may hold him off is an outrageous criticism and outright indignity.

You guys are the best!
Kings21
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo -  Hey, can someone tell me what my approval rating is? I'm not sure if my app is working right. I want to know before I voice my opinion on this fight... Phone Post

I foresee a tsunami of vote downs coming your way.
Kid Charlemagne
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can opener Phone Post
3/9/13 4:44 PM
burner22
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eagleswhat1 -
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
Reggie Warren Jr - 
CrazyPope - You're insane if you think he won't pass his guard, GSP's guard passing is on another level imo

Yes, I am insane...but Nicks guard is on another level. Who can you remember passing it?

Can you remember the last time he's been on his back?  He's avoided all wrestlers for 6+ years.

Let's see.....the last two people to take him down were subbed in under a minuted combined....one a BJJ blackbelt...one a decorated Japanese fighter that killed aoki and is solid on the ground.
Bj took him down and had his back Phone Post
3/9/13 4:54 PM
Mark Hunter
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/09/13 5:14 PM
I'm a big fan of both Renzo/Danaher fighters and Ceasar fighters, and these two are amongst my two favorite fighters. Having said that, I'd be willing to make a small bet as to this:

1. GSP tries to strike with Diaz, and realizes pretty quickly that Diaz' pitty-pat hurts more than it looks.

2. GSP takes Diaz down, with ease.

3. GSP cannot pass Nick's guard in a way that allows him to maintain the position (ie, GSP tries to pass, but Nick either recovers guard or sets up a scramble to try to get back to his feet).

After that, the fight gets determined by whether: (1) GSP can land punches and elbows from inside Diaz' guard sufficient to beat him up for the stoppage or UD; or (2) Diaz can use his active guard to either sweep or submit GSP.

This is the GSP fight that I'm most looking forward to of any he's had in years, and I can't believe even the biggest GSP fan would dismiss Diaz as though Diaz' doesn't make for an uncertain fight here. Of course GSP can out-wrestle Diaz, but what does that mean when you add all the other factors in this fight?
3/9/13 4:59 PM
BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait to ttt this when nick gets ragdolled and his guard passed lots Phone Post
3/9/13 5:10 PM
Moke
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJ Never had Diaz's back

This fight will come down to being scored on takedowns, OR how Diaz can handle GSP's short and long range kicks.
3/9/13 5:12 PM
Mark Hunter
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat -  Can't wait to ttt this when nick gets ragdolled and his guard passed lots Phone Post

Bruddah, if Diaz gets "ragdolled and his guard passed lots," you won't have to ttt my last thread. I'll be doing it, and laughing at how wrong I was. I just don't see it though.

GSP's passing game is very tight and solid, but fundamental. He has the most success with it after he's shook guys with his fists and elbows from inside their guard. Diaz' guard is so active that I don't see GSP having success at that. But I'm a fan of both, and ready to be wrong . . .
3/9/13 5:14 PM
GretchenBonnerScreennamedMyAss

All I can say is if GSP has skills identical to Frank Shamrock he's in for a rough night. Phone Post
3/9/13 5:21 PM
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Striking wise , Diaz can cause gsp fits. Gsp has a big wrestling advantage and will make it look easy on the ground while staying out of trouble from Diaz " active" guard. Won't be so active when he's getting smashed . Gsp is a bit better than gomi lol Phone Post
3/9/13 5:25 PM
32Hunter
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/09/13 5:26 PM
no. Nick is Gonna dwarf GSP a lot of opinions will change at the weigh ins.
3/9/13 5:28 PM
Josh Krosscheck

I see nick on his hands and knees ( reggie can demonstrate this position) taking shots to the body once he realizes there is nothing else he can do and gsp is too much for him. Phone Post
3/9/13 5:37 PM
trobinson21
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

uniquetechnique -
Reggie Warren Jr - 

He could pass him a joint, but he aint passin Nicks guard. 

I've heard from a few BJJ black belts that GSP has passed their guards with no problem, So I would not be surprised if he does pass Diaz guard.
Black belt is a pretty loose term these days. Phone Post
3/9/13 5:48 PM
Ramsey

Edited: 03/09/13 5:48 PM
The people Nick has loss to in the UFC. Joe Riggs, Diego Sanchez, Sean Sherk all held him down. They didn't pass his guard but they controlled Nick on the ground and he did nothing. Tell me why I should believe he will do better with GSP?
3/9/13 5:51 PM
Reggie Warren Jr
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reggie Warren Jr, The Man

This is what I thought of GSP's documentary...fast forward to 10:55 mark after the credits. They saved me for last!

3/9/13 5:51 PM

Josh Krosscheck - I see nick on his hands and knees ( reggie can demonstrate this position) taking shots to the body once he realizes there is nothing else he can do and gsp is too much for him. Phone Post
Lotsa this, nick is gonna want out after a few rounds of domination Phone Post
3/9/13 5:52 PM
Reggie Warren Jr
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat - 
Josh Krosscheck - I see nick on his hands and knees ( reggie can demonstrate this position) taking shots to the body once he realizes there is nothing else he can do and gsp is too much for him. Phone Post
Lotsa this, nick is gonna want out after a few rounds of domination Phone Post

Youre fuckin crazy! What fight has Nick ever wanted out of in the past besides maybe fighitng with the commission 

3/9/13 6:25 PM
Reggie Warren Jr

Doesnt matter to me who he's beat...hes done something right in order to get a title shot and paid well after losing his last fight. 

3/9/13 6:26 PM
semtex0809
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tetris - I love nick but he hasnt faced a wrestler i. A long ass time and gsp is the best in the biz at takin nukkas down.

This fight is going to look like bendo vs nate Phone Post
Eerrrrnk! Wrong answer Phone Post
3/9/13 6:29 PM
32Hunter
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

semtex0809 - 
tetris - I love nick but he hasnt faced a wrestler i. A long ass time and gsp is the best in the biz at takin nukkas down.

This fight is going to look like bendo vs nate Phone Post
Eerrrrnk! Wrong answer Phone Post

lol, what are some of these people watching?
3/9/13 6:47 PM
guardbr8kr

does a bear shit in the woods?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.