UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Predict UFC 158 PPV Buys

3/11/13 11:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dbeedy
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
3/11/13 11:35 PM
Bad Monkey
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Write that shit down.

3/11/13 11:35 PM
Vote me down
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It will break 800k

3/12/13 12:28 AM
Chris27

Dazednconfused -  The UFC have barely done anything to promote this fight so I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't that strong. Phone Post

Other than not doing a primetime I dont see them doing anything less than any other cards.

It probably feels like alot less compared to 157 with all the attention that got but at this point they probably feel GSP sells on his own.

Thats why they save a primetime for a fight/event that really needs that extra push, maybe Cain/Big Foot, maybe Silva/Weidman which is my guess, maybe Aldo/pettis.

Silva/Weidman is my guess, they need to do something to give Weidman attention, he isnt a big personality and has been off for a year, they need to really promote him leading up that fight to help sell it.
3/12/13 12:30 AM
Dazednconfused
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 -
Dazednconfused -  The UFC have barely done anything to promote this fight so I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't that strong. Phone Post

Other than not doing a primetime I dont see them doing anything less than any other cards.

It probably feels like alot less compared to 157 with all the attention that got but at this point they probably feel GSP sells on his own.

Thats why they save a primetime for a fight/event that really needs that extra push, maybe Cain/Big Foot, maybe Silva/Weidman which is my guess, maybe Aldo/pettis.

Silva/Weidman is my guess, they need to do something to give Weidman attention, he isnt a big personality and has been off for a year, they need to really promote him leading up that fight to help sell it.
Yeah, I dunno. Maybe it's just because I'm so excited and I want there to be more build up. Lol Phone Post
3/12/13 12:57 AM
MrNiceguy66

Tree fiddy! No, for real probably like 750k... Phone Post
3/12/13 1:06 AM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 800k

Could have done more but it's barely being promoted Phone Post
I agree Phone Post
3/12/13 1:09 AM
Mr Anderson
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MrNiceguy66 - Tree fiddy! No, for real probably like 750k... Phone Post
Damn it...came to post three fiddy. Phone Post
3/12/13 1:19 AM
kawz1
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

627,420 on the dot.
3/12/13 1:34 AM
Sergio88
494 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/12/13 4:36 AM
slamming

Chris27 - Some pos and negs about this fight and potential PPV buys.

UFC 143 with a countdown, SF champ vs UFC champ, fight does 800 to 1 mill easy.

Condit beats Diaz, close controversial fight but he won and GSP beat Condit.

Condit/Diaz are similar in ways.

Part of why GSP/Condit did well was because they had a primetime and mostly cause fans wanted to see if GSP was the same guy after 18 months off.

With this fight no primetime, Diaz lost his last fight and most feel GSP wins this fight 49-46 no problem.

Conference call def helped sell it but I can see people not caring about this figuring GSP by dec, Diaz doesnt deserve the fight.

On the other hand many might want to see Diaz get put in his place by GSP once and for all.

So there are reasons why this fight may do big numbers nad maybe not great numbers, still 600k is a given, the question is will it top GSP/Condit? I say yes.
Good points. If this fight happened instead of GSP/condit, with a prime time, It would of killed it.

Still 700k easy. Phone Post
3/12/13 4:47 AM
Matt Phillips
790 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

between 850k and 900k. Wish it was marketed in a different way. I like the underlying Good guy vs the anti-hero story line here and I dont think it's being exploited enough.

I'd show Nick as the bad boy, flipping everyone off, smacking cameras. Then I'd show GSP being respectfulto everyone and the good guy. UFC would have their first Stone Cold Steve Austin-esque star in Nick Diaz.

3/12/13 4:52 AM
slamming

Matt Phillips - 

between 850k and 900k. Wish it was marketed in a different way. I like the underlying Good guy vs the anti-hero story line here and I dont think it's being exploited enough.

I'd show Nick as the bad boy, flipping everyone off, smacking cameras. Then I'd show GSP being respectfulto everyone and the good guy. UFC would have their first Stone Cold Steve Austin-esque star in Nick Diaz.

I would agree that they are nearly not exploiting that aspect nearly enough. Which is a shame, because i have a sinking suspicion Nick will retire again if he is grinded out over 5 rounds and the UFC will lose that chance.
3/27/13 9:32 PM
TheRaider
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bazinga
3/27/13 9:36 PM
SolracoMMA
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow were people off Phone Post
3/28/13 5:26 PM
dbeedy
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dbeedy - Phone Post
Hey I was pretty damn close Phone Post
3/28/13 5:31 PM
BiggRiggWreckedGQ
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SolracoMMA - Wow were people off Phone Post
How so? Many of us gave responses between 700 and 850. That's where it was. The 1.1 million figure is almost definitely inaccurate Phone Post
3/28/13 5:48 PM
PrettyBoy
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BiggRiggWreckedGQ - 
How so? Many of us gave responses between 700 and 850. That's where it was. The 1.1 million figure is almost definitely inaccurate Phone Post

I'm of this opinion as well.
3/28/13 5:51 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BiggRiggWreckedGQ - 

Meltzer > Iole when it comes to PPV estimates.

3/28/13 6:06 PM
BiggRiggWreckedGQ
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh -
BiggRiggWreckedGQ - 

Correct, and Meltzer is the one who said it was trending in the 800-850 range, right?

No idea where Iole got 1.1 considering he(and people quoting him) are the only ones with that high of a number. Phone Post
3/28/13 7:47 PM
SolracoMMA
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BiggRiggWreckedGQ -
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh -
BiggRiggWreckedGQ - 

Correct, and Meltzer is the one who said it was trending in the 800-850 range, right?

No idea where Iole got 1.1 considering he(and people quoting him) are the only ones with that high of a number. Phone Post
My mistake didn't know lole was the one that reported 1.1. You guys still got it :) Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.