UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Will You Steal UFC 158 Tonight?

3/16/13 5:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
32Hunter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never when Nick Diaz fights.
3/16/13 5:28 PM
Brabatross

shaqitup - 
Brabatross - 
mrgoodarmbar - $5 at the bar down the road.... can't complain about that.

The place I go it's mandatory $15. They don't always enforce it though...

$15 is a robbery imo.

They better charge a buck a beer.

If i go to the bar, its $5 to get in.

I usually spend $20-40 on food/drink depending on if i'm hungry or am willing to spend much.

Not $15 cover, $15 total with drinks and food. There's no way in hell I'd go to a bar with $15 cover.
3/16/13 5:29 PM
stonepony

6ULDV8 - 

Not even a consideration here.  It's on TV at 10am.  I guess you pay for the channel, but it's eminently reasonable.

Hong Kong has come a long way in the last decade.  When I first got here, a buddy would ship over events on VHS because I knew of no possible way to see them here.

Lucky you didn't get caught. Don't they harvest your organs or something for that kind of thing?

I wonder how the UFC gets paid, when it comes to countries that have that type of model. A subscription channel, but no PPVs.
3/16/13 5:30 PM
Brabatross

RileyPust - 
shaqitup - 
ShatsBassoon - 

I will be buying the PPV. I imagine it is a tough age to live in when you are trying to build a sport. 

What do you think the PPV sales would be at if you added in all the people streaming?

If they want to build the sport, a PPV model is not the way to do it.

Big fights on cable tv is how they can gain new fans, as nobody is going to drop $65 due to a little curiosity.

Who pays $65 to watch the fights alone? Everyone I know gets together and pitches in, and it costs next to nothing.

Yea, that's definitely the way to do it if you don't go to a bar.
3/16/13 5:32 PM
Mauro Ranallo's Mic

Just go watch it at a sports bar for $5.
3/16/13 5:32 PM
DirtehSneakehs

Honestly yes I would buy this but I need to go buy a Plan B pill for my ex-fiance. Don't know why I did it last night but I'm tight on money right now so tonight I'm streaming it. And you'll think this was a joke too huh Phone Post
3/16/13 5:33 PM
FreightTrain

heavyweightmma - Laziest FBI agent ever . . .

3/16/13 5:39 PM
ShatsBassoon
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shaqitup - 
ShatsBassoon - 

I will be buying the PPV. I imagine it is a tough age to live in when you are trying to build a sport. 

What do you think the PPV sales would be at if you added in all the people streaming?

Big fights on cable tv is how they can gain new fans, as nobody is going to drop $65 due to a little curiosity.

I agree absolutely with the PPV model but it does not eliminate the streaming. Same guys who cannot afford the PPV probably cannot afford cable.

I was merely throwing a hypothetical out there more than anything. Say a PPV got 600K buys i wonder what that number would be if those that streamed also purchased? 

Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Laziest...Copyright...Agent...Ever Phone Post
Juicymma
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Excuse me Internet, which one of you steal? I'm not a cop, trust me! Log your ip when you say you're going to steal it? Dude, you know I'd never do that!" OP Phone Post
stonepony

FreightTrain - 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af0wXeN6_FY
Blue namer please?
3/16/13 5:40 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

I would never steal a UFC, so no. I will pay because I think stealing is for PUSSIES.

3/16/13 5:41 PM
pegson123

I'm buying it. Streams r for when u have no options to go through for legit access Phone Post
3/16/13 5:42 PM
Matt Phillips
788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Buffalo Wild Wings. Will be fun, the atmosphere at the local one is great during UFC fights.

xsrg95
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alumynabjj -  Never steal a Diaz fight. Phone Post

Authority Figure

This

3/16/13 5:43 PM
6ULDV8

stonepony - 
6ULDV8 - 

Not even a consideration here.  It's on TV at 10am.  I guess you pay for the channel, but it's eminently reasonable.

Hong Kong has come a long way in the last decade.  When I first got here, a buddy would ship over events on VHS because I knew of no possible way to see them here.

Lucky you didn't get caught. Don't they harvest your organs or something for that kind of thing?

I wonder how the UFC gets paid, when it comes to countries that have that type of model. A subscription channel, but no PPVs.

China kind of giggles at the idea of intellectual property.  They might pay it lip service, but they don't really mean it.

I also like to think me and a pretty small group did a hell of a lot to raise awareness for it here.  

We flew the colours hard for a long time with no possible way to pay for or see events here.

3/16/13 5:45 PM
BKViper
443 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IamGerardo689 - I will borrow it I have no intention of keeping it Phone Post
LOL
I'll put it back when I'm done. Phone Post
3/16/13 5:48 PM
Clarence Parents
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RileyPust - 
shaqitup - 
ShatsBassoon - 

Who pays $65 to watch the fights alone? Everyone I know gets together and pitches in, and it costs next to nothing.

This !

I'm using tonight as an opportunity to get the family together as they're all fans and they all really want to see the card tonight. We're looking at less than 10 bucks a person which is not a big deal to anyone.

But yeah normally it's a gathering of friends and the cost of pretty miniscule compared to a night out.

3/16/13 5:55 PM
stonepony

Tiresias - 

Starfish are smug.
3/16/13 5:55 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^ LMAO
3/16/13 5:59 PM
ShatsBassoon
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Starfish for the win!

3/16/13 6:07 PM
stonepony

sickdarce - 
RileyPust -
shaqitup - 
ShatsBassoon - 

My friends don't watch MMA, am the only one. Phone Post

Ditto. It's a running joke for them to ask me if I'm watching "that WWF stuff again". Pisses me off to no end.

Dragged a mormon guy to the movie theater to watch Shane smash Frank Mir. Told him it was a surprise. Funny watching someone who is normally so Sesame Street yelling for blood.
3/16/13 6:11 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Most of my friends aren't into MMA like I am. But if I say "fight night at my place, come get drunk and watch some violence" people always seem to show up.
3/16/13 6:12 PM
inf0
303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana used to stream Pride.

/Thread

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.