UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Josh Gross does not rank Rory in top 10 WW

3/19/13 3:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
chokeyou
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gross should be writing jingles for Buick right now..

Hate that guy..
3/19/13 3:10 PM
Standup29
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epic hero -
Standup29 -  While there are a lot of top guys at WW, I'm really surprised that he out Tarec in and not Rory. Askren I can understand but Tarec hasn't done enough IMO to be in there. Granted he was the SF WW champ but after Diaz left, who did he beat that would put him above any of the other 10? Gross at times comes across as a MMA hipster and I struggle to support him. I don't read his articles because he comes across as bitter. Sucks because he is one of the original journalists in MMA. Phone Post

He beat Marquardt, that's enough
Not really. What was Nates rank at the time.

We aee confusing "Top 10" with being a good fighter. Top 10 at WW says a lot. I don't think beating Nate at WW alone is enough. Its a good win for sure but Nate wasn't ranked at WW in the top 10. Phone Post
3/19/13 3:20 PM
stevekt
705 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ranking is not as important as Twitter followers. Phone Post
3/19/13 3:30 PM
epic hero

Standup29 - 
epic hero -
Standup29 -  While there are a lot of top guys at WW, I'm really surprised that he out Tarec in and not Rory. Askren I can understand but Tarec hasn't done enough IMO to be in there. Granted he was the SF WW champ but after Diaz left, who did he beat that would put him above any of the other 10? Gross at times comes across as a MMA hipster and I struggle to support him. I don't read his articles because he comes across as bitter. Sucks because he is one of the original journalists in MMA. Phone Post

We aee confusing "Top 10" with being a good fighter. Top 10 at WW says a lot. I don't think beating Nate at WW alone is enough. Its a good win for sure but Nate wasn't ranked at WW in the top 10. Phone Post

Well Rory technically has never beaten a top 10 fighter, like I said beating Marquardt is enough, no need to cry about it
3/25/13 3:29 PM
chokeyou

Josh gross tries so hard to get people to pay attention to him...

But no one does...
3/25/13 5:19 PM
Vril

Is overhyped and has zero top 10 wins

3/25/13 5:49 PM
InvisibleControl

I think he's top 10 but barely. Nowhere near the number 3 spot that he's ranked. Phone Post
3/25/13 6:09 PM
Vril

Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes - 
Vril -

Is overhyped and has zero top 10 wins

Phone Post

BJ Penn is a LW

3/25/13 6:10 PM
duckrabbit
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gross can Derelick my balls.
3/25/13 6:16 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Who has Rory beaten that is a top 10 welterweight? Phone Post
3/25/13 6:19 PM
RKing85
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Askren and MacDonald are both definitly top 10 guys.
3/25/13 6:23 PM
ShoreBreaker420
1023 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckrabbit - Gross can Derelick my balls.
Vote up to you
Phone Post
3/25/13 6:30 PM
Entreri

Edited: 03/25/13 6:34 PM
Rory is top 5 in terms of skills and abilities. If he keeps this up, WW champ.
3/25/13 6:38 PM
Standup29
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epic hero -
Standup29 - 
epic hero -

Well Rory technically has never beaten a top 10 fighter, like I said beating Marquardt is enough, no need to cry about it
Crying? What are you talking about? How does discussing a different opinion crying?

Rory has in my opinion more place in the top 10 due to the fact he has been on a nice winning streak and has been doing it in the UFC. While there are great fighters outside the UFC, there is no bigger stage. And until Tarec (sp) gets a win there, Rory IMO is more deserving. Both are talented no doubt and it's not outrageous to think Tarec belongs more than Rory. Phone Post
3/25/13 9:13 PM
Jaybrone
529 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory's biggest win to date is BJ and while he is a legit up and coming talent he has never beat a relevant fighter in the division. I would probably put him at 8-10 area somewhere but no higher at this point.

3/25/13 9:27 PM
grafzep
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory tooling Condit for the majority of their fight puts him over Tarec in my book.

incredible stable at 170

Can't wait to see if Lawler can rise up the ladder
3/26/13 12:36 AM
diaz 125

he has a point. these are RANKINGS not RATINGS. rory hasnt beat anyone top 10 at 170 so how can he be ranked in there? hes definitely as good as those guys though. so ratings wise yes hes top 10.
3/26/13 12:40 AM
jose marti

Who cares what he thinks.
3/26/13 12:40 AM
jose marti

Who cares what he thinks.
3/26/13 12:42 AM
sodagoespop

diaz 125 - he has a point. these are RANKINGS not RATINGS. rory hasnt beat anyone top 10 at 170 so how can he be ranked in there? hes definitely as good as those guys though. so ratings wise yes hes top 10.

You could say the same for your good friend Nick Diaz, never had a Top 10 win and never will.
3/26/13 12:44 AM
diaz 125

sodagoespop - 
diaz 125 - he has a point. these are RANKINGS not RATINGS. rory hasnt beat anyone top 10 at 170 so how can he be ranked in there? hes definitely as good as those guys though. so ratings wise yes hes top 10.

You could say the same for your good friend Nick Diaz, never had a Top 10 win and never will.

hence the name 125
3/26/13 5:17 AM
Standup29

So who thinks Tarec is more deserving than Rory and why?

Ultimately that is who Josh picked over Rory. Neither have a top 10 win.

Thoughts? Phone Post
3/26/13 7:29 AM
RedDragons
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh Josh.....you should just go back to your Sherdog podcasts and long tug and pull sessions with Savage and Breen and forget all about your dreams of MMA journalistic fame.

Admittedly, I started off on Sherdog wayyyy back when, and used to listen to Savage, Gross, and Breen and thought they were the be all end all authorities on MMA opinion and such. Then I ventured out further into the internets and realized that they were the equivalent of the D & D guys that would play in their moms' basements while the other kids went out and socialized, got laid, etc.

It was a similar experience to growing up Catholic and then later reading, learning and realizing that it, and all religion, is pure bullshit. Disappointing yes, but freeing none the less.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.