UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Most overrated *rising star* in MMA history?

3/20/13 10:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cantuna4u
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dennis Kang. Kid Yamamaoto. Phone Post
3/20/13 10:50 AM
Rival School
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gunnar Nelson Phone Post
3/20/13 10:50 AM
Dr Gonzo
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Charles Oliviera recently, he had a lot of hype when he arrived.
3/20/13 11:13 AM
DaleSonnen

Jardine should be on this list.. His only big win IMO is Chuck, and to be honest, when he did beat chuck it was when chuck was on his slow decline. He beat Vera, another person who should be on this list. I think Jardine was givin to many chances in the UFC and should have been cut long before he actually was, and he should have never even gotten a chance in strikeforce.
Motivated Penn
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/20/13 11:13 AM

Well Charles still has 4 UFC wins by submission. And not "submission" where the opponent is already basically on queer street and then you go in for a guillotine. Charles submits fights while they are still 100% in the fight.

So yeah, he's had some shitty loses, he got legitimate KO'ed by Cub, and Cerrone. Also, his loss to Jim Miller of course. But in that fight Charles was attacking CONSTANTLY, and Jim just caught him, but the fights Charles are in are always amazing.

You find me another 145'er with 8 UFC fights and zero decisions.

I really, really hope Dana appreciates that feat, and keeps Charles even if he should have another loss.

If every fighter was as exciting as Charles, MMA would blow up immediately.

lastcall
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man meets fate - Phillipe nover went from being the next anderson silva or gsp, to getting knocked out by kyle fucking bradley.

agreed they were hyping the hell out of that kid
3/20/13 11:14 AM
SteeledArmand

I wouldn't say Rory is overrated. He will be champ once GSP retires. And Stephen Thompson isn't overrated. He has no ground game but no one can stand with him.
3/20/13 11:51 AM
Dr Gonzo
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Motivated Penn - 

Well Charles still has 4 UFC wins by submission. And not "submission" where the opponent is already basically on queer street and then you go in for a guillotine. Charles submits fights while they are still 100% in the fight.

So yeah, he's had some shitty loses, he got legitimate KO'ed by Cub, and Cerrone. Also, his loss to Jim Miller of course. But in that fight Charles was attacking CONSTANTLY, and Jim just caught him, but the fights Charles are in are always amazing.

I really, really hope Dana appreciates that feat, and keeps Charles even if he should have another loss.

I didn't say that he's not a good fighter or not exciting. I'm sure they won't cut him anytime soon and I hope the don't. But the fact is he didn't live up to the hype that surrounded him when he arrived in the UFC.

He's far from the biggest bust in MMA history, I was just throwing out a name that hasn't been mentioned.
3/20/13 11:55 AM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jushintiger -
myrites -  Terrell Phone Post

Oh yeah, big disappointment.

I wouldnt really call Vera overrated, more of a bust than anything. Was very much a contender until he broke with Kaman.

Sokoudjou is the one that stands out in my head the most. KO over Nog and you are a legend all of a sudden. Unfortunately he never learned a ground game, never utilized his Judo, and tried to KO everyone.
So it's Lloyd Irvin's fault with Vera Phone Post
3/20/13 12:24 PM
subwrassler
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/20/13 12:24 PM
All of the above, really...except Bendo and Condit of course.

don't know where that came from
3/20/13 12:25 PM
caseharts
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit's Face Broke My Hand -
MMAforMONEY - Tarec, Kampmann, Condit, Phil Davis, Bendo

Not saying that these guys are not good fighters. I just think that the general MMA fan truly believes that these fighters currently are, and/or are going to be, better than they actually are. Phone Post
Lol @ Benson. He can't be better than champion Phone Post
So true. I loled hard Phone Post
3/20/13 2:43 PM
Motivated Penn
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dr Gonzo - 
Motivated Penn - 

I didn't say that he's not a good fighter or not exciting. I'm sure they won't cut him anytime soon and I hope the don't. But the fact is he didn't live up to the hype that surrounded him when he arrived in the UFC.

He's far from the biggest bust in MMA history, I was just throwing out a name that hasn't been mentioned.

Oh, this is a misunderstanding all round, I didn't interpret your post that way at all, I was just ranting on my views on Charles Oliveira and on exciting fighters. I think you are 100% correct in what you wrote.
3/29/13 6:49 AM
travis brickley doesnt dance
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No one has mentioned Kendall Grove?
3/29/13 6:53 AM
UGCTT_Shope
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Culinary Union Delegate -
Bootsy Collins - Terrell wasn't exactly over-rated-it's not fair to say that considering his issue was injury after injury

Evan Tanner big brothered him. The Soul Assasin looked helpless in that fight. Tanner broke his as much as injuries did.

This. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.