UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> BELLATOR 94 March 28th TAMPA FLORIDA

3/25/13 10:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Nexuscrawlers
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/26/13 6:11 AM

Bellator 94: Awad vs. Rickels
Date: March 28, 2013

Venue: USF Sun Dome

Broadcast: Spike TV, Spike.com

MAIN CARD (Untelevised)

Saad Awad vs. David Rickels - lightweight tournament final
Emanuel Newton vs. Mikhail Zayats - light heavyweight tournament final
Trey Houston vs. Luis Melo

Rodrigo Lima vs. Ronnie Mann

PRELIMINARY CARD (Untelevised)

Shah Bobonis vs. Joe Taimanglo
Heather Clark vs. Felice Herrig
Jessica Aguilar vs. Patricia Vidonic
Rob Horton vs. Augusto Sakai
(James) Edson Berto vs. Bruno "B.C." Carvalho
Ivan Devalle vs. Rory Shallcross
Patrick Cenoble vs. Tony Fryklund
Kenny Moss vs. Julien Williams

3/25/13 10:32 AM
Nexuscrawlers
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dont forget to watch Jessica Aguilar on the Prelims!

3/25/13 10:38 AM
Tomato Can
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/25/13 10:43 AM
Was there a fight scratched from this card? I somehow remember there being a 3rd really good fight beside the tournament finals.
3/25/13 10:44 AM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
TTT.
3/25/13 12:38 PM
Nexuscrawlers

Ttt Phone Post
3/25/13 5:34 PM
Nexuscrawlers

SAAD AWAD!!!!! Phone Post
3/25/13 8:47 PM
FixedPartialArts
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomato Can - Was there a fight scratched from this card? I somehow remember there being a 3rd really good fight beside the tournament finals.

It wasn't scratched. Nexus just neglected to list it. It's Ronnie Mann vs. Ratinho Lima.

That's a fantastic match-up. I suggested it for the next BW tourney as the best stylistic match possible. It should be fireworks.

Unless Mann transforms into a different beast at 135, I think Lima wins. Lima should be more improved considering how young he was the last time we saw him, and how bad a match-up Nakamura was. Lima is hyper-aggressive and Nakamura is a lay and pray wrestler. Lima still arguably won, or would have without losing a point on a foul.

I'm leaning Newton in the LHW final and I guess Rickels in the other one. But they are both super close.

Awad's cardio and JJ defense are really unproven. He might need both because Rickels is a hard nut to crack and has some pretty good JJ.

As for Newton, with his strength I think he dictates where the fight goes, has only been subbed once (never from top), and on the feet he's rather intelligent and technical. He could win by decision. Or maybe Newton can even get the KO. Newton doesn't have good striking power in spite of downing King Mo, but Zayats is a bit chinny.
3/25/13 9:07 PM
mmavixen
1091 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, if Tampa wasn't four hours away....I'd love to see another Bellator card.

Anyway, can't wait for this.

3/25/13 9:07 PM
Stephen Eakin
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nexuscrawlers - SAAD AWAD!!!!! Phone Post
This! Phone Post
3/25/13 9:15 PM
Nexuscrawlers

"It wasn't scratched. Nexus just neglected to list it. It's Ronnie Mann vs. Ratinho Lima."

MMAjunkie doesn't have that one. I am sorry for the mistake, Phone Post
3/25/13 9:40 PM
ChemdogChronic
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pumped for this card Phone Post
3/25/13 9:46 PM
smoogy
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ratinho vs. Mann was added on short notice but it should be a good one, winner probably goes through to the summer BW tourney
3/25/13 9:50 PM
liquidrob
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

See if Awad can keep the KOs coming

Newton news to keep it standing, Zayats is slick on the ground
3/26/13 7:47 AM
Nexuscrawlers

Ttt Phone Post
3/26/13 9:14 AM
liquidrob
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe the UG news can run a story or two about Bellator this week

Yeah right!
3/26/13 9:16 AM
liquidrob

Interested to see Mann at 135, I like his game, he just was a little to short for the bigger FWs
3/26/13 9:20 AM
Ocean6

I've got business in Tampa on Thursday. Gonna have to go see this!
3/26/13 9:25 AM
btr740
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Spike wants ratings they'd include Felice on the TV card. It's not like WMMA isn't kind of in the news right now.
3/26/13 9:29 AM
Nexuscrawlers

btr740 - If Spike wants ratings they'd include Felice on the TV card. It's not like WMMA isn't kind of in the news right now.
If it is a finish it still might. Last week had 5-6 fights shown on the main card time slot. Phone Post
3/26/13 9:36 AM
Nexuscrawlers

liquidrob - Maybe the UG news can run a story or two about Bellator this week

Yeah right!
It would be hard work to copy AND paste any of the 3 articles posted on mmajunkie yesterday that are about this upcoming Bellator event.
I think that's asking a little much. Phone Post
3/26/13 9:55 AM
Tomato Can
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Between Newton, Zayats, and Vegh, Bellator may finally get themselves a worthwhile LHW champ.

IMO, Newton is the best of the bunch. Vegh got a complete gift of a decision against him.
3/26/13 1:08 PM
Nexuscrawlers

BELLATOR!!!!!!!!!!!

3/26/13 1:16 PM
SRS1513

Trey Houston is a beast. True Story.
3/26/13 1:31 PM
caseharts
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm picking saad awad Phone Post
3/26/13 1:33 PM
pampered_fighter

I live in Clearwater, anybody got tickets they want to get rid of? If you so, PM.

They still have tickets available but higher up seating, I was looking for someone with some floor seating that maybe have to or will have to unload the tickets...
Thanks in advance

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.