UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jackson’s MMA says No to Melvin Guillard

3/25/13 2:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Adam Singer
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

May i suggest that what Melvin needs now is not another super camp but a smaller camp with top notch coaching that can help him over this hurdle in his career and life.
Adam
3/25/13 2:57 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lobo8 -
Santino DeFranco - He should go to the MMA Lab with Benson, Efrain, Riggs, and a TON of others. Crouch is really good at getting people back on track, and back into the game.

John Crouch and The MMA Lab!

This.
Even after all the shit he talked about Jamie Varner? Phone Post
3/25/13 3:02 PM
Santino DeFranco
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bet a lot of that was just pre fight hype. People can put aside issues to better their careers. Hopefully, something as silly as pre fight hype doesn't get in the way of that.
3/25/13 3:02 PM
Santino DeFranco
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/25/13 3:02 PM
Double post.
3/25/13 3:03 PM
Adam Singer
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Santino, Whats up?
Adam Singer
3/25/13 3:05 PM
Big Pun
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

keiths - Good job Jacksons! Makes me happy. Loyalty. Learn it

3/25/13 3:06 PM
TOSH COOK
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Loyalty, reaping what you sow, and training with the man John Crouch. So much win in this thread!!! Did not expect that when I clicked it.
3/25/13 3:09 PM
brune90

Melvin should head to Milwaukee to train with Roufusport.

I know most would argue that he needs to go somewhere to work on his bjj. However, I think he is probably as accomplished as he is going to be in that facet of his game. He apparently does not enjoy that aspect of training or have an active interest in it. I think he should go train with Duke and Askren in Milwaukee and work on his strong points Striking and Wrestling. They have a pretty good stable of fighters and with Melvin's current w/l ratio he probably wont be in line to fight any of duke's current fighters anytime soon. I've been following melvin since his his days in the FFC and have fought on a few of the same cards (reality combat) as him. He has always looked like a beast and for the most part performed like one. I think Duke could turn around melvin's career a lot like jackson did...Melvin is only 29 years old and already has 19 fights in the UFC...Wish the best for him
3/25/13 3:13 PM
stevekt
591 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did Melvin talk smack about Jackson's? I was under the impression he had clean friendly separation. Phone Post
3/25/13 3:14 PM
Grantman

Melvin jumped ship on a streak thinking he could win anywhere and was brought back to earth. He seems like the kind if guy who burns bridges because of how he runs his mouth. Guy has badmouthed a bunch of guys like Lauzon, Stevenson, Clementi and others. For the team to vote to keep him out must mean he did or said something with the guys in that camp. If the team didnt want him back, then you can't blame Jackson. Phone Post
3/25/13 3:24 PM
BshMstr
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

brune90 - Melvin should head to Milwaukee to train with Roufusport.

I know most would argue that he needs to go somewhere to work on his bjj. However, I think he is probably as accomplished as he is going to be in that facet of his game. He apparently does not enjoy that aspect of training or have an active interest in it. I think he should go train with Duke and Askren in Milwaukee and work on his strong points Striking and Wrestling. They have a pretty good stable of fighters and with Melvin's current w/l ratio he probably wont be in line to fight any of duke's current fighters anytime soon. I've been following melvin since his his days in the FFC and have fought on a few of the same cards (reality combat) as him. He has always looked like a beast and for the most part performed like one. I think Duke could turn around melvin's career a lot like jackson did...Melvin is only 29 years old and already has 19 fights in the UFC...Wish the best for him

prolly be a good move.... Melvin has quick hands and power, but his striking fundamentals really aren't that great, at least from what fights i've seen him in.

he's become such a one dimensional fighter, that it makes it easy to fight him.... you pretty much know he's not gonna try too many takedowns or subs or kicks, so all one needs to do is watch his punching.

i'd really like to see how far he could go if he started developing better strategy....
3/25/13 3:25 PM
BshMstr
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stevekt -  Did Melvin talk smack about Jackson's? I was under the impression he had clean friendly separation. Phone Post

he ran his mouth about Mike VanArsdale, and the lack of personal attention from the other coaches...
3/25/13 3:26 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

since when did greg jacskon care about loyalty?

3/25/13 3:27 PM
Slevin Kalevra

didn't he talk some shit on the way out once he was at Blackzillians?
3/25/13 3:41 PM
Kerouac

Santino DeFranco - He should go to the MMA Lab with Benson, Efrain, Riggs, and a TON of others. Crouch is really good at getting people back on track, and back into the game.

John Crouch and The MMA Lab!

Good idea...chained explosiveness there.
3/25/13 3:42 PM
epwar
605 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still like Melvin and hope to see him do well.  Hooking up with the MMA Lab or ATT might be a step in the right direction.

3/25/13 3:43 PM
Bipolar

This is 100% on Melvin. He spit in Jackson's face, he was an ingrate, and he left. Melvin is an immature, classless, disloyal, arrogant fool who needs to suffer the consequences of his own words and actions. Those are just the facts. No one owes that dude anything. This was a team decision from Jackson's, which says a lot about what other fighters think of Melvin's antics.
3/25/13 3:48 PM
GloverRampagedMyBrownEye
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Racist Phone Post
3/25/13 3:51 PM
LM76

Good! He's a gym hopper and with no loyalty. Hopefully he fades away... Phone Post
3/25/13 3:53 PM
Hocky Balboa
7986 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn. They all voted him down?

I hope he didn't get frozen. Phone Post
3/25/13 3:53 PM
SLUGSHOT_331
275 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/25/13 3:53 PM

It would be funny if he tried to go back to Blackzillians and they denied him too.

3/25/13 4:03 PM
Card
1990 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/25/13 4:03 PM

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/03/melvin-guillard-not-welcome-at-team-jackson-winkeljohn-facing-assault-charges

Adding to concerns, Guillard has two outstanding assault charges against him from separate incidents in Albuquerque in 2010, records show.

Guillard was unreachable for comment, and his last known management firm, Authentic Sports Management, refused to confirm whether he is still a client.

According to Bernalillo County (N.M.) court records, Guillard currently faces five charges: two misdemeanor counts of aggravated battery, to which he pled not guilty. Three misdemeanor counts of failure to appear in court were settled. A jury trial on the assault charges is set for April 10, where he faces six months in jail for each count, in addition to fines and probation.
3/25/13 4:07 PM
GelderdEnd

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - Dats cold Greg Jackson. I'm sure u would have no problem accpeting him if he was a contender. Phone Post
This Phone Post
3/25/13 4:19 PM
youarewhatiswrong

GelderdEnd - 
Anderson's BBC in my Goku - Dats cold Greg Jackson. I'm sure u would have no problem accpeting him if he was a contender. Phone Post
This Phone Post

Really? Was Diego a contender when they took him back? Probably has more to do wih his disruptive influence than his contendership status
3/25/13 4:29 PM
Malvert the Janitor
850 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

abi -
Card - 

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/03/melvin-guillard-not-welcome-at-team-jackson-winkeljohn-facing-assault-charges

Adding to concerns, Guillard has two outstanding assault charges against him from separate incidents in Albuquerque in 2010, records show.

Guillard was unreachable for comment, and his last known management firm, Authentic Sports Management, refused to confirm whether he is still a client.

According to Bernalillo County (N.M.) court records, Guillard currently faces five charges: two misdemeanor counts of aggravated battery, to which he pled not guilty. Three misdemeanor counts of failure to appear in court were settled. A jury trial on the assault charges is set for April 10, where he faces six months in jail for each count, in addition to fines and probation.

There's the answer.
I enjoyed the speculation more... Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.