UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP apoligizes publicly for Rising Sun logo

3/25/13 4:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MartinLav
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/25/13 4:30 PM

Actually Hayabuza, posted on the GSP facebook page.

GSP's facebook comment :
I'd like to also personally apologize to anyone who was offended by this. I am very sorry, that was never my intention.

Hayabuza's facebook comment :
Since Georges St-Pierre wore our walkout gi at UFC 158 we have received attention surrounding the negative connotation of the rising sun graphic used. The last thing we want is to offend or alienate anyone with the choice of design on our products.

We at Hayabusa have the utmost respect for culture and history and appreciate all of our customers worldwide. As such, we accept full responsibility for this design and are taking all complaints and comments very seriously.

The gi worn by GSP will not be brought to market. In addition, we will be very conscious of this specific design element when developing future communication materials and products.

Please accept our sincerest apology for any offence this has caused. If you have any questions or comments regarding this matter, please feel free to discuss it with us at customerservice@hayabusafightwear.com. One of our representatives will be happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Craig Clement
Co-President
Hayabusa Fightwear Inc.
https://www.facebook.com/HayabusaMMA/posts/544417908935731
3/25/13 4:32 PM
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hespect Phone Post
3/25/13 4:32 PM
MartinLav

Dr Doom - The best threads are always the ones where the OP acknowledges in the first sentence that the thread title is complete bullshit.

GSP's facebook post :
I'd like to also personally apologize to anyone who was offended by this. I am very sorry, that was never my intention.
3/25/13 4:40 PM
UGCTT croy_00
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MartinLav - 
Dr Doom - The best threads are always the ones where the OP acknowledges in the first sentence that the thread title is complete bullshit.

GSP's facebook post :

But he didn't publicly apologize. The writer he employ's to update his social media channels wrote an apology.
3/25/13 4:42 PM
cheesesteak
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's kind of sad that GSP didn't even type that shit. he probably just text his facebook handler to write that.
3/25/13 4:43 PM
TheKidAintMine
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good for Hayabusa and GSP!
3/25/13 4:43 PM
Ansari
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT croy_00 - But he didn't publicly apologize. The writer he employ's to update his social media channels wrote an apology.

The PR person at my company writes press releases that I put on our website.

Do I write the press releases or does the PR person?

3/25/13 4:44 PM
Malvert the Janitor
1055 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WhoRunsBarterTown - IMMMMM SOOOOOO OFFFFENDED.

Hey Korean Zombie, how about you stop appropriating and exploiting my Haitian heritage with your racist and exploitative name.
You're such a fucking dick!!!

....for making me smile. Phone Post
3/25/13 4:45 PM
Brian Rule
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Georges St. Pierre Publicly Ducks The Korean Zombie"

- UnderGround Blog
3/25/13 4:46 PM
OSBtro11

Wow. " he didn't even write that how sad waaahhh I complain about everything I'm sensitive lil Nancy boy" Phone Post
3/25/13 4:49 PM
rrg1

Who cares. No harm, no foul. Nothing was done on purpose and it won't happen again.

3/25/13 4:51 PM
Banjaxo

Perhaps KZ could have a word with the owner of this Korean bar?

http://korea.lablob.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/125101_dec15_07_1.jpg

Blue please?
3/25/13 4:51 PM
And Wagners Cut

UGCTT croy_00 -
MartinLav - 

GSP's facebook post :

But he didn't publicly apologize. The writer he employ's to update his social media channels wrote an apology.
I'd say Facebook was a public apology. Phone Post
3/25/13 4:53 PM
hubris
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/25/13 4:53 PM
WTF....7/11??

3/25/13 4:57 PM
hubris
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/25/13 4:57 PM
Is he going to keep wearing his bandanna too?

3/25/13 5:02 PM
PrettyBoy
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hubris - Is he going to keep wearing his bandanna too?

Yeah why not it isnt the rising sun.
3/25/13 5:03 PM
ShoreBreaker420
1025 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Couldn't care less Phone Post
3/25/13 5:03 PM
danggook
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hubris - Is he going to keep wearing his bandanna too?

there is a difference between the Japanese national flag and the imperial 'rising sun' flag. Phone Post
3/25/13 5:05 PM
CindyO

UGCTT croy_00 - 
MartinLav - 

GSP's facebook post :

BOOM! lol

Cindy

3/25/13 5:06 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

hubris - Is he going to keep wearing his bandanna too?

3/25/13 5:10 PM
MachidasBrew

CindyO -
UGCTT croy_00 - 
MartinLav - 

GSP's facebook post :

BOOM! lol

Cindy

GTFO Cindy. Your SPONSORED opinion doesn't fucking matter. Phone Post
3/25/13 5:11 PM
MartinLav

Edited: 03/25/13 5:15 PM
GSP haters are gonna hate...
I have PR people writing stuff and verifying everything before we make it public. If it's sensitive I run it by lawyers too.

Most high profile stars and semi-big businesses employ theses tactics too.
3/25/13 5:12 PM
KingInFishnetsBottomingBetas

cheesesteak - It's kind of sad that GSP didn't even type that shit. he probably just text his facebook handler to write that.

Yup, no accountability here, to apologize on the internet is fucking stupid, and ridiculous, minimize the seriousness of what's actually happened. GSP took the coward way out.
3/25/13 5:13 PM
MartinLav

Dr Doom - 
MartinLav - 

GSP's facebook post :

Well I am a retard, I read the first sentence and then saw the same Hayabusa statement so didn't bother to read the whole post.

I would like to formally internet apologise to the OP.

But in my defence, as has been pointed out, I am still technically correct as GSP didn't actually write that.

Every high profile compagny / person hire PR people to handle stuff like this.
3/25/13 5:14 PM
Nonlinear

He will promptly switch out the rising sun and replace it with a swastika, a symbol far less offensive to the MMA community.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.