UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Official Cat Zingano Support Thread! TUF 17 Finale

4/6/13 6:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hellride
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meisha looks a little more polished with technique but Cat has her by 10k% in the aggression dept. Excited for this fight.
4/6/13 6:46 PM
FatFrenchFry
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From mmafractured.com

Could you tell us about your background and how you got into MMA?

I started Wrestling when I was 12 y/o on an all boys team. I was confronted by the wrestling coach who had seen me naturally excelling playing sports throughout school. For obvious to himself reasons, he thought it would be a good outlet for me and that I would be an excellent addition to an already good team. He approached me with a very optimistic idea, of trying out for the team. I accepted the invitation and showed up to my first after school practice and I loved it! The practicality of challenging someone's personal abilities with my own, one on one, was very interesting to me, so I was immediately hooked and developed fast. I started to study wrestling and became very close with my team, although many coaches and parents were not too thrilled to see me in the male dominated sport and found it to be unfair, an arena where girls just didn't belong. This attitude was inspiring and motivating to me because I felt the need to prove my belonging and win over the decision that I , in fact, could "hang" with the boys .It was very important to me to maintain a modest and humble attitude. Not only did I achieve this, I excelled to becoming team captain of my middle school and a nominee for my high school. I identified with wrestling much more then I had with any other sport I had previous success in. I wanted to master and know everything, every move, and every opportunity there was, accompanying my participation. There was word that wrestling, at that time, had some future for women for college scholarships, but I really was in it to enjoy myself and the challenges it offered me.

I continued to wrestle through high school and in to college. By the time I was 15 y/o I was competing in additional Free /Greco Roman wrestling competitions as well as having success in my collegiate (high school) career, finding myself wrestling women at out of state tournaments and seeking out any competition where there were to be exceptionally deep brackets. As I entered my senior year, Olympic committees had decided to let women's wrestling have a spot in the 2004 run. I was thrilled and immediately felt the beginning of a purpose. I wanted to be an Olympian! Although I never made it that far, I do believe I have and had what it takes, but life circumstances led me in a different direction. I retired after my last tournament early 2004, and never returned to the wrestling mat.

2005, my mother (and best friend) was diagnosed with cancer and had a short lived fight. About the time she died, I found out that I was pregnant and was expecting to become a mother myself. Grieving, alone, and unprepared, the months passed and I had my incredibly wonderful and perfect son. The best gift life could have given me. These experiences in my life were very bitter sweet and I learned more about myself at that time, then I ever had. With very little help and a deep desire to give my son a good life, I was committed to turning my own life in to something great, in honor of my late mother as well. Since wrestling had been such a huge part of my identity, and it was no longer in my life, I had a huge void to fill as far as a healthy outlet and means to exercise and use my talents as a competitor.

Late 2006 I walked in to Zingano Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and met Master Mauricio Zingano, who would later become my adorable husband, coach and complete companion. Within weeks I was on the mat, competing and finding success in the sport of Jiu Jitsu, which came so naturally to me, especially having the wrestling background. I experienced passion again which I had felt so estranged from after quitting wrestling, but this time, I was even better at it!. I believe the hardship I went through the previous years, combined with the work ethic and unmet goals, I molded myself in to an even more capable athlete in a sport I believe I was born to do. Maybe wrestling was not my actual calling, but where I am now, definitely IS! I am very happy for all the blood, sweat and tears I dedicated to wrestling, as it could never be duplicated and still strongly influences me, today. In only a few short months, I begged to try my luck at MMA. By October 2007, I walked in to the cage for my first MMA fight.

You can keep updated with Cat by following her on Twitter @CatZingano or Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/zinganobjj – or by visiting her website: catzinganomma.com

Need to get Cat here on the UG I say.
4/6/13 6:55 PM
Topsyjt
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post 3.0
4/6/13 6:58 PM
Joeymarvelous
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely rooting for Cat Phone Post
4/6/13 7:26 PM
JRSFITNESS1
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wishing Cat all the success she deserves.
4/6/13 8:12 PM
Bryan72
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Future UFC Champ Phone Post 3.0
4/7/13 3:50 PM
Hostile
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/8/13 4:54 PM
Hostile
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/8/13 4:56 PM
Hostile

4/8/13 5:52 PM
KidJustice
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

4/8/13 6:01 PM
Hostile

http://www.fightchix.com/

4/8/13 6:15 PM
Hostile

My hottie wifey:)

4/8/13 8:09 PM
Hostile

ttt
4/8/13 8:25 PM
crowbar
665 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/08/13 8:25 PM

Quit dicking around and ask her to become a member & shoot the shit with the forum.

4/8/13 8:43 PM
FatFrenchFry
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hostile -

Awesome shot!!! Phone Post
4/8/13 9:18 PM
FatFrenchFry

crowbar -

Quit dicking around and ask her to become a member & shoot the shit with the forum.

And this... More fans = more sponsors more stalkers Phone Post
4/8/13 9:33 PM
mestregruber
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/08/13 9:38 PM
She's kinda got other things to think about at the moment, guys. Phone Post
4/8/13 9:34 PM
mestregruber
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man, that front headlock suplex was so awesome. Phone Post
4/8/13 9:45 PM
Seats Taken
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FatFrenchFry - Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 11:12 PM
FatFrenchFry

mestregruber - She's kinda got other things to think about at the moment, guys. Phone Post
There are more important things than the OG? Sacrilege!!!! Phone Post
4/9/13 12:03 AM
Hostile

TTT Phone Post
4/9/13 12:04 AM
luctaro
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Support!

Coasting fans, don't get mad. People just want a fresh matchup here and there in between rematches and money fights
4/9/13 1:17 AM
SHOOTMedia
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should be a great fight! Cat is a true beast!

TheSHOOT! - Miesha Tate talks about her upcoming fight versus Cat, and a whole lot more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiV5yhKZTtA

ENJOY!

- SHOOTMedia
4/9/13 1:19 AM
ChaosOverkill
461 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Cat!

4/9/13 1:21 AM
UGCTT_zackthewop
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hostile -

My hottie wifey:)

I am proud to be an American! Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.