UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dan White Outlines Randy/Ryan UFC Situation

4/4/13 5:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/04/13 5:38 PM

White said it's not necessarily the fact that Couture elected to partner with Spike TV that upset him but rather how the former champion went about the move – especially since he bailed on a UFC on FOX broadcasting commitment the UFC boss said he practically begged to secure.

"Randy Couture, it was around Christmas time, and his lawyer sends in a letter and cancels, like bails on the last show that he's doing for us," White explained. "He doesn't want to do the last show after they begged me for a f---ing job. So I'm like, 'What the hell is going on here?' I start digging around, and I find out that he's talking about doing a deal with Bellator and Spike. I call his lawyer. I went 'me' on his lawyer is the best way I can explain it. Then I called Randy. I called him over and over and over again. He wouldn't even answer his phone. Then he texts me and said, 'What's up boss? I hear you're flipping out. I did not sign a deal with Spike or Bellator, but I'm talking to two other networks right now.'

"I said, 'If you tell me that you did not bail on my last f---ing fight and go do a deal with them, I don't give a s--- what network you sign with. I don't care if it's freaking HBO, the Food Network – I could care less who it is. Are you saying you did not sign a deal?'

"'I did not sign a deal with them. Stop worrying. Relax. Have a great Christmas. We'll talk later.' To this f---ing day sitting right here, right now, we still have not talked."

Read it all here

4/4/13 5:41 PM
D241

Edited: 04/04/13 5:44 PM

Feb 03, 2013

4/4/13 5:42 PM
slamming
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Remember the last time Randy and the UFC got into a "he said, she said" war?
4/4/13 5:42 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Yes, thanks. I am aware. Making the thread again so that others who had a thread deleted can discuss this again.

Try not to bash Dana so hard this time and it might stick around.

The complaint in the thread that was deleted was about how shitty it is for Dana to not allow Randy to attend his son's fights.

Proceed.

4/4/13 5:44 PM
Ktaco
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm still trying to figure out who Dan White is and why he would be paraphrasing what Dana White said.
4/4/13 5:49 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you guys prefer Chula or Tabasco hot sauce?
4/4/13 5:58 PM
NomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache - Do you guys prefer Chula or Tabasco hot sauce?
Cholula! Phone Post 3.0
4/4/13 6:02 PM
vaginal tear
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meh. Phone Post 3.0
4/4/13 6:04 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Othello - Randy Couture Permitted To Corner His Son’s UFC Debut

By Joseph Lisnow | February 18, 2013

Source: Nordic MMA
Apparently when Ryan Couture makes his UFC debut, there won't be an issue if his father is one of the cornerman. George Sallfeldt, president of the Swedish MMA Federation, said that the UFC has cleared all cornerman for the April show.

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2013/0218/553444/randy-couture/

I have seen that as well. All that is talking about is the legality of the commission allowing it to happen, not what Dana and Ryan agreed upon outside of commission rules.

4/4/13 6:04 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache - Do you guys prefer Chula or Tabasco hot sauce?

Tapatia

4/4/13 6:07 PM
Richard Tuck
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache - Do you guys prefer Chula or Tabasco hot sauce?

UFC sauce

http://filipino-oriental-mart.com/images/ufc_sweet_chili_sauce_330g.jpg
4/4/13 6:47 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Othello -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Othello - Randy Couture Permitted To Corner His Son’s UFC Debut

By Joseph Lisnow | February 18, 2013

Source: Nordic MMA
Apparently when Ryan Couture makes his UFC debut, there won't be an issue if his father is one of the cornerman. George Sallfeldt, president of the Swedish MMA Federation, said that the UFC has cleared all cornerman for the April show.

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2013/0218/553444/randy-couture/

I have seen that as well. All that is talking about is the legality of the commission allowing it to happen, not what Dana and Ryan agreed upon outside of commission rules.

What did Dana and Ryan agree too outside of the commission rules?
Dana basically told him that if he wants to fight in the ufc Randy wont be there. Ryan chose to accept that.

Is it illegal for Randy to attend? Nope.
Will he be there? Nope. (At least not in the corner) Phone Post
4/4/13 7:00 PM
Poindexter
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Richard Tuck - 

UFC sauce

http://filipino-oriental-mart.com/images/ufc_sweet_chili_sauce_330g.jpg

4/4/13 7:03 PM
hellride
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cholula all the way. Wish it was cheaper though like tapatillo.
4/4/13 7:07 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

hellride - Cholula all the way. Wish it was cheaper though like tapatillo.

I've come to love the combination of both on my stuff, especially on tamales.

4/4/13 7:13 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Edited: 04/04/13 7:13 PM
Othello - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - Dana basically told him that if he wants to fight in the ufc Randy wont be there. Ryan chose to accept that.

Is it illegal for Randy to attend? Nope.
Will he be there? Nope. (At least not in the corner)

Here's a quote from Cindy that contradicts what you're saying:

They ran it by DW in February, cooler minds prevailed, and he didn't care anymore (article and link above). Why would he be mad now- or is it that you're just reading about it? If so, that makes sense, you didn't know.

Cindy

I'll take her "insider" information over what you're assuming happened.

Well I apologize for not reading all of Cindy's posts in every thread she posts in. You sure got me!!!

I hope they worked it all out, and my OP showed no bias at all. I had no agenda other than to make a thread for Billytk above to come post in since his got deleted...

Could you link the actual thread she said that in so I can read it? Thanks in advance.

4/4/13 8:20 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

^^^^^ Thank you. That's the damn link I couldn't find that I was supposed to use in the OP.

BTW, this Ryan is ALL CLASS...from that article;

[Even more, he didn't take it personally when his boss loudly, publicly and repeatedly trashed his father.

"It sucks and it's hard to hear someone say so much stuff about someone I love and respect so much," Ryan Couture said. "At the end of the day, though, I know Dana is an emotional guy and he's known for flying off the handle like that when he's angry. His actual feelings on the subject [of my father] may be more toward the middle, but that's not his style or how he is. I just take it for what it is. They have a disagreement over business and that's their issue. For what Dana says, I get he's emotional and gets angry and says things. I don't like to hear it, but I don't take it personally because I understand the situation."]
4/4/13 9:27 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/04/13 9:28 PM

BillyTK - 

and while Iole is normally not much more then a UFC mouthpiece he's more unbiased and reliable then CindyO

If you really beleive that, there is no hope for you. I'd take the word of a good friend of DFW's with a track record of accuracy and reliability over Kevin Iole's speculation any day.

4/5/13 10:57 AM
SHOOTMedia
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CHECK OUT SHOOTMedia's TheSHOOT! production on Ryan Couture!

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/shoot-ryan-couture-162438286.html
4/5/13 11:22 AM
HOLLYWOOD-MO

Billytk -
Bat21 - 

BillyTK - 

and while Iole is normally not much more then a UFC mouthpiece he's more unbiased and reliable then CindyO

If you really beleive that, there is no hope for you. I'd take the word of a good friend of DFW's with a track record of accuracy and reliability over Kevin Iole's speculation any day.

How is she "accurate" especially compared to a journalist when all she does is shill for the UFC she's even admited it's her job. Sorry but I don't believe things she says anymore then stuff that comes directly out of Dana's mouth and we all know he lies constantly
And when you see Randy in the corner, you'll be crying and whining about how Randy wasn't allowed to wear a Bellator shirt to the ring and its Dana being an asshole for not allowing that Phone Post 3.0
4/5/13 11:23 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

^^^^ I think there should be SN bets on whether Randy is in Ryan's corner or not....

Just sayin'

4/5/13 11:24 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Ktaco - I'm still trying to figure out who Dan White is and why he would be paraphrasing what Dana White said.

4/5/13 11:37 AM
Wicked smahtMF

ONIO
4/5/13 11:37 AM
Wicked smahtMF

ONIO
4/6/13 4:31 PM
D241

Billytk - This is the shit that drives me nuts about dana and his petty vindictiveness, not only was a LEGEND in Randy Couture not allowed to see his sons debut live but the announcers didn't even mention that the fighters father is a hall of famer. I really hope top fighters start signing with Bellator or really anyone else to take away the UFC monopoly on top talent

Ironically when Randy Couture was fighting, UFC would show rankings which often times had fighters listed and mentioned that weren't in the UFC.

Money changes things.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.