UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Phil Davis or Vinny. Who you got?

4/25/13 3:16 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
burner22
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm hoping vinny, but the dudes physique concerns me, he's holding too much muscle, seems like he'll gas out too easy. It took him what, 8 minutes to tap igor? And igor pretty much gave him every advantage he could. And he thinks he'll tap Phil in ten seconds? Eh, I dunno.. What are the odds for this fight? Phone Post
4/25/13 3:37 AM
88samurai88
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have vinny by second round sub.
But i can see a boring patty cake UD victory by phil davis as well. If it gets to the ground i can see an explosive arm bar sub or even a knee bar being pulled off by vinny. Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 6:43 AM
Easytarget
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No chance of Phil exposing himself to a sub with wild GNP. So it will come down to striking and take downs for points.

Vinny seems cool but don't think he takes this.
4/25/13 7:14 AM
Slapsymaxi
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Most of the time, Phil's offensive wrestling has looked mediocre, but his defensive wrestling and scrambles have looked great.

Lil Nog is an interesting example. First round, lil Nog gave him problems, it wasn't till the 2nd round, when Phil caught him midway through a take down, in a sorta back control, where he hit him with some heavy shots. Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 7:16 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

seeing as my last pic was Crocop by armbar - theres a thread dedicated to my amazing pick

therefore:

Vinny by heel hook late round 1 or mid Round 3
4/25/13 7:36 AM
CHiLLEN
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phil by decision. Will be cheering for Vinny. Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 7:43 AM
BHSwrestler171
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mr. Wonderful all Day! Phone Post
4/25/13 8:03 AM
DEZBOT
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope to god vinny wins, but I don't see him being able to take Davis down, and I see Davis using jabs/ shitty kicks to control the stand up and maybe looking to score a couple take downs late in the rounds to score points and stay out of danger by staying up right in vinnys guard, not looking to pass/ some weak punches to the mid section, kicking vinnys legs then backing away, pretty much cruisin on the score cards not Lookin to finish, but I hope to god vinny can pull something off Phone Post
4/25/13 8:03 AM
Naheb
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would love Vinny to win. I think he has something to offer the UFC in spectacular submissions that we have not seen for awhile.

If he wins this will catapult him
Into stardom which no one from
strike force has successfully done except Corimer recently.

However if he loses he will fall into obscurity. As this is his first top 10 challenge since his debut.

So good luck Vinny.

You have the tools just make it happen.

The UG supports you. Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 9:06 AM
KZTT_FawkingxD
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck to Vinny malgahaes but I'm going with Davis. Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 10:00 AM
eljamaiquino
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DEZBOT - Hope to god vinny wins, but I don't see him being able to take Davis down, and I see Davis using jabs/ shitty kicks to control the stand up and maybe looking to score a couple take downs late in the rounds to score points and stay out of danger by staying up right in vinnys guard, not looking to pass/ some weak punches to the mid section, kicking vinnys legs then backing away, pretty much cruisin on the score cards not Lookin to finish, but I hope to god vinny can pull something off Phone Post
Vinny has more power, and the threat of being taken down could easily shut down Phil's standup, which is pretty weak already ... Phone Post
4/25/13 10:09 AM
Naheb
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eljamaiquino -
DEZBOT - Hope to god vinny wins, but I don't see him being able to take Davis down, and I see Davis using jabs/ shitty kicks to control the stand up and maybe looking to score a couple take downs late in the rounds to score points and stay out of danger by staying up right in vinnys guard, not looking to pass/ some weak punches to the mid section, kicking vinnys legs then backing away, pretty much cruisin on the score cards not Lookin to finish, but I hope to god vinny can pull something off Phone Post
Vinny has more power, and the threat of being taken down could easily shut down Phil's standup, which is pretty weak already ... Phone Post
Yeah but Phil will follow his game plan and feel he is safe with ignoring the take down Phone Post 3.0
4/27/13 11:03 PM
Tylervic
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tylervic - Phil via amateur kickboxing fight Phone Post 3.0
And there we go Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.