UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP wishes there were no rounds in MMA

4/23/13 6:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
fryingarmbar
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kick Boxe -
wisdomseeker76 -  1 round, no time limit. No judges. Tap out. Knock out. Referee stoppage. Corner stoppage. That would be awesome.
To ensure fights don't last for hours, something like this may work:
After 20 minutes of fighting, each fighters purse is deducted 1% every minute there after. Phone Post

taking money from fighters is stupid always

There's at least one person in this thread that would disagree. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 7:01 PM
Public got Bigg Riggd
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kick Boxe -
wisdomseeker76 -  1 round, no time limit. No judges. Tap out. Knock out. Referee stoppage. Corner stoppage. That would be awesome.
After 20 minutes of fighting, each fighters purse is deducted 1% every minute there after. Phone Post

Yeah after 20 make the cage start to slowly move toward the center until they only have an 7x7 foot cage to bang in Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 7:12 PM
wisdomseeker76

Kick Boxe -

Ever hear of the yellow card?

I simply offered one viable option to prevent a fight from lasting hours.

The taking of ones money tends to motivate. Phone Post
4/23/13 7:12 PM
youarewhatiswrong
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KeithKizer - 

I have only so much OT pay in my budget

As a GSP lover (yes homo)/NSAC hater, let me say that this is fuckin' hilarious.
4/23/13 7:21 PM
ophusker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Take away rounds and it really favors the wrestlers. Chael beats Anderson easily in their last fights without rounds. Anderson was never going to get up on his own.
4/23/13 7:27 PM
youarewhatiswrong
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ophusker - Take away rounds and it really favors the wrestlers. Chael beats Anderson easily in their last fights without rounds. Anderson was never going to get up on his own.

But, given enough time, he might have found a submission.
4/23/13 7:28 PM
Deaf Forever

ophusker - Take away rounds and it really favors the wrestlers. Chael beats Anderson easily in their last fights without rounds. Anderson was never going to get up on his own.

He didn't win on the feet the first time stupid. He won in his guard.

He recovered guard in the first round of the second fight. Who knows what would have happened. Sonnen is not a finisher and wasn't doing any damage in the rematch.
4/23/13 8:50 PM
mmamonstar

Just think of how many fighters got saved by the bell. I think matt Hughes got saved by it in 1 of his fights. not sure which one but sure there is other fighters also Phone Post
4/23/13 9:48 PM
UGCTT_Dinamita
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WOOFticket -
KeithKizer -

Soccer kicks please. Phone Post
This would solve a lot of problems. So the NSAC will never do it. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 10:17 PM
TeamRenzo4Life

Kazp306 - Thats why GSP is a legend, what a badass thing to say Phone Post 3.0

GSP says a lot of things. (I am going to put a beating on Diaz, time to walk the walk, blah blah blah) 7 decisions in his last 8 fights. Unless he pulls off some amazing finishes from now til he retires, any talk of him being amongst the Greatest of All Time will be laughable.
Mark my words: GSP never takes a fight with Anderson Silva, if he does The Spider makes him look worse than Forrest Griffin.
4/23/13 10:21 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm honestly shocked and disappointed that the UG Blog didn't go with the Alien headline instead.

4/23/13 10:22 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That would probably be the case if there was still a time limit, but remove the time limit altogether and the opposite becomes true. The wrestlers benefit more from the current rules than anyone else because you just have to hold someone down or against the cage and they assume you win. Just removing rounds wouldn't make much difference. If there were no rounds and no time limit being durable and able to finish would matter more as time went on and control with poor finishing ability would matter less.

But hell, even adding upkicks to opponents with a knee on the ground and heel kicks to the kidney would hamper top control fighters quite a bit.
4/23/13 10:48 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
385 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KeithKizer -

This is bad ass and absolutely hilarious Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 11:16 PM
MrHughes1991
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KeithKizer -

Yeahhhh man I respect the hell out of you and that was a funny joke definitely made me chuckle. But I have to think if you get on the underground you can no longer be in denial about your terrible fucking judges lol. Seriously you should look into that shit. And knees on the ground would be cool... Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 11:21 PM
WolfTicketedByMartialArtsMixed

No way he's beating nick Diaz with no time limit.That would be a fucking crazy fight to see,a fight till the finish. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 11:23 PM
MasterofMartialArts
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kick Boxe -

I disagree, it worked in Pride. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 11:23 PM
MasterofMartialArts
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WolfTicketedByMartialArtsMixed - No way he's beating nick Diaz with no time limit.That would be a fucking crazy fight to see,a fight till the finish. Phone Post 3.0
Of course... Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 11:29 PM
Entreri

No rounds is good.

How about 30 minute time limit for championship and 15 minute for non-title.
4/23/13 11:40 PM
MachidasBrew

KeithKizer -

LOOOOOOOOL Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 11:58 PM
Strykr619

ROFL at deducting fighter purses, will never fly here in the US. Stupid idea.
4/24/13 12:00 AM
Strykr619

MasterofMartialArts - 
Kick Boxe -

I disagree, it worked in Pride. Phone Post 3.0

Of course it would, when organized crime was the payroll, what are you gonna say "a bitch gimme my money!" ?
4/24/13 3:28 AM
Kick Boxe
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/24/13 3:31 AM

All you fucks that are for yellow cards should get money deducted from your paycheck if a project you're working on doesn't meet projections, or more realistically for this group you don't sell enough fries during your shift.

These are people, working jobs to make a living, they aren't slaves. Fighter pay is low enough as it is if you aren't a superstar. Taking money out of the fighters pockets is stupid and unethical, Dana, Joe, and everyone else with a brain agrees 100%.

Big John said if they instituted yellow cards he wouldn't use them, he would never take money from a fighter

4/24/13 5:48 AM
wisdomseeker76

Kick Boxe -

All you fucks that are for yellow cards should get money deducted from your paycheck if a project you're working on doesn't meet projections, or more realistically for this group you don't sell enough fries during your shift.

These are people, working jobs to make a living, they aren't slaves. Fighter pay is low enough as it is if you aren't a superstar. Taking money out of the fighters pockets is stupid and unethical, Dana, Joe, and everyone else with a brain agrees 100%.

Big John said if they instituted yellow cards he wouldn't use them, he would never take money from a fighter

Ok, I respect your opinion. I disagree with it, but I do see what you are saying.

Now offer a solution to prevent a fight from lasting hours.

It is very easy to say what is wrong and not offer a solution. Phone Post
4/24/13 6:36 AM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TeamRenzo4Life -
Kazp306 - Thats why GSP is a legend, what a badass thing to say Phone Post 3.0

GSP says a lot of things. (I am going to put a beating on Diaz, time to walk the walk, blah blah blah) 7 decisions in his last 8 fights. Unless he pulls off some amazing finishes from now til he retires, any talk of him being amongst the Greatest of All Time will be laughable.
Mark my words: GSP never takes a fight with Anderson Silva, if he does The Spider makes him look worse than Forrest Griffin.
What a bold prediction nostra Phone Post
4/24/13 6:39 AM
Arecsa
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KeithKizer - 

How about using some of that to educate some of your judges. How many more fighters do you want to screw over with awful decisions made by your incompetent friends?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.