UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP wishes there were no rounds in MMA

4/24/13 2:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JunkieDog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ophusker - Take away rounds and it really favors the wrestlers. Chael beats Anderson easily in their last fights without rounds. Anderson was never going to get up on his own.

While I agree it would favor wrestlers over stand up guys, not so sure how much of an advantage it would be over a BJJ guy good off his back.

Imagine how weak Chaels punches would have been between the 15th and 24th minutes if the 400 he landed WITH breaks did almost zero damage?

Would have been the same outcome as the first fight, both times, IMO... only the first fight would have ended much sooner and second one might have lasted a little longer.
4/24/13 2:39 PM
goocher
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IntellectualSavior - 
KeithKizer - 

I have only so much OT pay in my budget

How poorly must one manage their budget to blow right through $900k extorted from JCC Jr.?

Yes I would like to know where and who all that money goes to?
4/24/13 3:32 PM
leifdawg
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MasterofMartialArts - 
Kick Boxe -
wisdomseeker76 -  1 round, no time limit. No judges. Tap out. Knock out. Referee stoppage. Corner stoppage. That would be awesome.
To ensure fights don't last for hours, something like this may work:
After 20 minutes of fighting, each fighters purse is deducted 1% every minute there after. Phone Post

taking money from fighters is stupid always

I disagree, it worked in Pride. Phone Post 3.0

No it didn't, Pride went out of business. derp
4/24/13 3:41 PM
leifdawg
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tiger07 - I reckon 15 and 25 mins straight is a great idea.

Also, no gloves is definitely a must!

no gloves just leads to more broken hands

I don't get you people, you seem to just want sloppy bar fights instead of elite athletes competing in a legit sports competition.
4/24/13 3:51 PM
Uncle Creepy's Creepy Nephew
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RJJH - 

you people bitching to Keith are the reason we cant have nice things.

go slam your cocks in a desk drawer.

This. Mr Kizer gets hammered every time he posts. It reminds me of the time the head of the BBBofC went on UK's ringside and all they did was ask him inappropriate questions about a hearing that was to take place in 2weeks or that!

It is a great thing that the executive director of the NSAC and maybe if we weren't so mob minded, he may chime in more often. Just my 2cents.
4/24/13 3:54 PM
Uncle Creepy's Creepy Nephew
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was Mr Robert Smith (general secretary) of the British Boxing Board of Control and was during the time after the Haye/Chisora debacle in Germany.
4/24/13 5:42 PM
JSho
389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KeithKizer -

Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 10:06 PM
GS27
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KeithKizer -

Listen here pretty boy, You play a very important role in the sport that I love so I need to get This off my chest. Judging in mma is absolutely terrible and Iyou know it is as well so get that shit fixed ASAP. Start allowing soccers kicks and knees to a downed opponent (I'm willing to sacrifice elbows for this). And finally, WHY NO GRAND PRIX? And none of that strike force Grand Prix shit. I'm talking 8 guys, one night. Open weight.

Pride never die Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 10:08 PM
krash24

wisdomseeker76 - 
wisdomseeker76 - 
Kick Boxe -

All you fucks that are for yellow cards should get money deducted from your paycheck if a project you're working on doesn't meet projections, or more realistically for this group you don't sell enough fries during your shift.

These are people, working jobs to make a living, they aren't slaves. Fighter pay is low enough as it is if you aren't a superstar. Taking money out of the fighters pockets is stupid and unethical, Dana, Joe, and everyone else with a brain agrees 100%.

Big John said if they instituted yellow cards he wouldn't use them, he would never take money from a fighter

Ok, I respect your opinion. I disagree with it, but I do see what you are saying.

Now offer a solution to prevent a fight from lasting hours.

It is very easy to say what is wrong and not offer a solution. Phone Post

Heres another idea for you to shit on.

1 round for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes if there is no winner, the fight is declared a draw. Both fighters get paid their SHOW moey.

No winner, no win money.

Performance based pay. Get paid to win.

When I first read this, I was thinking "Genius!". Take the judges out of it. If two guys go to a draw, neither of them gets a win they didn't earn. Plus, nobody "moves up" with a draw, only wins. Only problem would be Championship fights. You have to have a winner, or the Champ could just avoid getting finished and keep his belt with a draw. And no, you can't lose a belt to a draw. That's just....no.
4/24/13 10:25 PM
DiscipleDojo
655 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love one 15-min round (or 25-mins for championships or main events) with a 5 min overtime if it's tied.

Scoring rounds individually makes for the potential of more dubious decisions than scoring it as a fight overall.

My 2.

4/25/13 12:23 AM
rosario00

KeithKizer -

Lmfao wow pure gold.

But seriously get rid of the fucking boxing judges Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 1:54 AM
Bananatoles
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TeamRenzo4Life -
Kazp306 - Thats why GSP is a legend, what a badass thing to say Phone Post 3.0

GSP says a lot of things. (I am going to put a beating on Diaz, time to walk the walk, blah blah blah) 7 decisions in his last 8 fights. Unless he pulls off some amazing finishes from now til he retires, any talk of him being amongst the Greatest of All Time will be laughable.
Mark my words: GSP never takes a fight with Anderson Silva, if he does The Spider makes him look worse than Forrest Griffin.
Lol has team Renzo Gracie in his name....

Act like a retard and doesn't reflect renzos attitude in the slightest, Renzo and gsp are good friends with a great mutual respect. :)

Butt hurt much? Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 2:16 AM
semtex0809
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If that happens nick diaz would be champ for eva Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.