UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Yeah or nay for Ric's Picks?

4/23/13 10:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jack Brown
419 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you want @newyorkric to keep making fight picks on the MMA Hour now that he went bust? Phone Post
4/23/13 10:48 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/23/13 10:49 PM

Absolutely. Love me some Nickel Ric.

4/23/13 11:04 PM
Marcgeo13
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ric is cool

Ariel is getting to big of a head for his sneakers.

Fuckin sneakers Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 11:05 PM
shaqitup
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

meh its kind of funny i guess.

Does he like run the show as well, or is he just there for the picks, if it's the latter axe him, if not let it continue.

4/23/13 11:05 PM
Taz Styles
3102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why not.

4/23/13 11:07 PM
Taz Styles
3102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shaqitup - 

Does he like run the show as well, or is he just there for the picks, if it's the latter axe him, if not let it continue.

I think he does with two other people but they never talk on the show.

4/23/13 11:24 PM
WolfTicketedByMartialArtsMixed
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck yeah! Ric is way more chill than Ariel and knows his shit. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 10:07 AM
Jack Brown
419 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taz Styles -
shaqitup - 

I think he does with two other people but they never talk on the show.

Correct. Phone Post
4/24/13 10:20 AM
BrattMamley
1038 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I say keep it. It's nice to have someone there for Ariel to argue with. Ric seems like a good dude.

4/24/13 10:43 AM
mizunopro
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keep it. It's actually turned into one of my favorite segments. They should bring that college kid on more too (forgot his name). I thought he had some good insight a few episodes back Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 11:09 AM
InvisibleControl

Rics picks is my favorite segment of the show. I find myself sometimes only tuning in to that segment if nobody else on the show interests me that week. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 11:21 AM
TopGrinder

Rics pics is entertaining. Ariel however thinks he does no wrong ever and is a ego maniac Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 11:23 AM
jwistead
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ric's Picks... keep it. Interesting segment, fun to listen to.

I don't think anyone takes his advice too seriously, the expectations are low when you're talking about MMA betting. His breakdowns usually lead me to a better understanding of my own gut feelings which are usually quite different from his.

I think the segment could shine if they keep it fresh by focusing on different goals: identify the most likely underdog, the most wrong lines, the safest bets; focus on picking 3 winners per card, regardless of return. The current gimmick the show uses was great, but it can get stale especially once everyone realizes it has no teeth (that he's not really going to get fired for picking wrong).
4/24/13 11:26 AM
caposa
1654 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think he is in the position to be giving people betting advice. He has shown that he largely doesn't know what he is talking about.

I say keep the betting talk, but bring in someone more qualified

4/24/13 11:28 AM
lildragonof
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa -

I don't think he is in the position to be giving people betting advice. He has shown that he largely doesn't know what he is talking about.

I say keep the betting talk, but bring in someone more qualified

. Phone Post
4/24/13 12:11 PM
peppo

#rallyforric
4/24/13 6:14 PM
Jack Brown

I like the dynamic and Eric Jackman takes his role well. They both have their facts straight and speak clearly. BTW, MMA Hour has the best quality audio of any MMA podcasts IMO and that makes a surprisingly big difference for the listening experience, especially when driving. Phone Post
4/24/13 6:23 PM
caseharts
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think I'm 10 times the bettor he is but I enjoy them. He doesn't break down enough pre lims where tons of money is available. Phone Post
4/24/13 6:24 PM
caseharts
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also I always make my bets early or at least have an idea of who I'm picking in every fight he never does. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.