UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Twitter Followers or?

4/24/13 7:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ingrained Media
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ingrained Media, President
Global Shield -  My Twitter account has no tweets, and I only follow about 50 celebrities and a few fighters.

Why the Fuck would anyone want to read what I say? Twitter should ONLY be for celebs.

These are real Twitter accounts, people using it how it should be. Nobody wants to hear what you ate for breakfast you average Joe. Go use Facebook if you wanna chat with your friends. Phone Post

You would be in his "real" column. Or one of his 18% inactive or real followers.
4/24/13 7:55 PM
Team GDP
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john joe - ive got 1,400 and about the most entertaining thing i provide for them is me arguing with my mates or posting about how people who are loud in public should be shot in the legs

wouldnt surprise me if 1398 were fake, one is my brother and the other is my mrs under a fake acct trying to see who i am messaging, ha!

i follow john joe. he is worth a follow if you don't already

4/25/13 1:44 AM
CindyO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john joe - ive got 1,400 and about the most entertaining thing i provide for them is me arguing with my mates or posting about how people who are loud in public should be shot in the legs

wouldnt surprise me if 1398 were fake, one is my brother and the other is my mrs under a fake acct trying to see who i am messaging, ha!

That's cuz you're that dickhead with Fighters Only Mag=) j/k;)

Cindy

4/25/13 1:46 AM
CindyO

Ingrained Media - 
CindyO - 
Ingrained Media - 
CindyO - 
Tyson86 - I have a very real Twitter account and it looks almost exactly like that supposedly "fake' Jama Fastic account. I have 0 followers and have never tweeted once. The reason why people often have a similar short list of people they follow is because Twitter gives you an original list of suggestion of people to follow, which are pretty much always celebrities.

Twitter makes you follow people when you sign up? If that's the case, having fake followers kinda makes sense. But can't you buy followers too? I'd like to know which athletes have done that:) Much jucier, IMO, cuz that someone intentionally trying to act all popular.

Cindy

Cindy,

Yes you can buy them and they are cheap. The thing is you do not even have to know about it. So unless you had the payment trail there is no real way to know who paid and who did not. I could add tens thousands of followers for about $15.00 all I need is the account name in which I want to target. So if I wanted too I could send @DanaWhite a ton of fake follows. Twitter tries to wipe out the fake accounts but it is impossible to keep up with the spammers.

That's so crazy. How long do you get to keep the followers you buy? Do you have to pay money on a regular basis or you lose them or something? Sorry, I'm a Tweetard!

Cindy

That's so crazy. How long do you get to keep the followers you buy? Do you have to pay money on a regular basis or you lose them or something? Sorry, I'm a Tweetard!

Cindy

-No it is a one time fee type of thing. There are a lot of service providers with lots of ratings. The better the ratings the better the better quality of followers or as they are usually advertised "Real Looking" followers. The cost range is all over the place, $5.00 for a few thousand seems to be the avg price and I have seen them as low as $5.00 for 45,000 follows. The bought follows can last forever as can the inactive. Twitter does make an effort to purge spam accounts. They recently removed about 5% of their followers in a single day based on an undisclosed criteria.

Can you sign up for an account w/o following anyone initially? Or will it not give you an account w/o picking folks to follow? I get frustrated even trying to read Twitter!

I do not think so, you have to pick a set amount of people to follow, they make suggestions (usually celebrities), a lot of people who like MMA might have Dana suggested based on his amount of followers. As you can see with our fake follower example account, they usually follow celebrities, have no followers and no tweets and long periods of not logging in.

Cindy

Got it. Thanks.

Cindy

4/25/13 7:45 AM
Stea1th

Well dunno about anyone else but I have a 2nd twitter account that all it does is follow people in mma. It keeps the bullshit from my friends out. It has no tweets or followers but under your rules it would be fake.

I'm sure I'm not the only person that does this to clear up their twitter feed. Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 12:03 PM
smoogy
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In OP's defense, at least half of the replies in this thread are from Fake UGers
4/25/13 1:56 PM
Internettufguy

smoogy - In OP's defense, at least half of the replies in this thread are from Fake UGers
VU Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 3:03 PM
rockwell
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kick Boxe -

How much did Dana pay you to shit on Roy Nelson?

If you look at the fact that Dana has 2.5million followers yet only 700,000 appear to be real and active I highly doubt he would be too pleased about this research. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.